inTank Media Baskets

SLO's HOT5 lit 15

SLOreefer

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How's it goin, SLO? I'd like me summa these right here!

06-2.jpg

Nice DIY work. How bout helpin me out with a little LED project??? ;)

Oh MY. and this one too.

04-1.jpg

You were right. You do have stuff I like!@#!

Thanks for the compliments, the top ones are ready to frag a few polyps, I got those from Rob at Under Water Paradise which is now closed. The bottom one is an aussie prism favia, unfortunately I cant frag that as it is grown into the rocks and cant be removed without some serious surgery. Ill be posting some updated pics soon.

Thanks for the compliments, the top ones are ready to frag a few polyps, I got those from Rob at Under Water Paradise which is now closed. The bottom one is an aussie prism favia, unfortunately I cant frag that as it is grown into the rocks and cant be removed without some serious surgery. Ill be posting some updated pics soon.

No worries. Whatever works. Let me know what you might want in exchange.

Alright, I finally got around to taking some pics. In the past month or so I have moved the tank, added a sump, added a tunze nanodoc skimmer, an eheim 1260 return pump and a few new pieces.

Moving had its bumps and some corals look pissed still, I lost parts of a few of em and have had patches of red slime algae popping up here and there. It really is very frustrating, especially with the possibility of having to move my tank again in september.

the overflow

plumbing.jpg

the skimmer

Skimmerinaction.jpg

A new powerstrip

controlpanel.jpg

the pissed acans

acan.jpg

the right side of the tank

acanland.jpg

the center

center.jpg

some zoas

eagleeyes.jpg

some new palys on the right

newpaly.jpg

some sps

Milles.jpg

a bad fts

fulltank.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Wow!didn't know ya updated the thread! Thanks for the update and the pix :)

I need some of that favia and devils armors :P

edit: ya still using the sme bulb combo?

Ya, Im still using the same combo. its a nice 14k look and I am happy with the growth.

Im having trouble with my acans for some reason. they are not puffing up much anymore and some of them bleached out. I am not sure why because I havent really changed anything in the tank.

On a worse note, I am moving....again.....this time it wont be just 5 miles. I am moving about 150 miles and am nervous about the tank. There is no chance of me taking my corals off the rocks for easy transport in bags so I think I will need to use tubs or just sell the tank off and start over once things get back to normal.

Unfortunately the last year has been really bad for my family and I and now my gf lost her job. We are both unemployed and trying to make it but need to move to make ends meet and reefing is kinda becoming a bit of a burden due to finances. Im just not too sure what to do, this would be my 4th tank I have to take down due to moves/etc.

Well that sux :(

are you going to break the tank down and try and move it all again?

I know moves have to be stressful for the livestock and you too

• 1 year later...

wow, I havent been on here in a while! I did move the tank again last september and havent really changed anything other than I have gotten lazy and havent been dosing or doing water changes as much as I should. Im not as into it right now as I used to be. The summer has really been tought on the tank as well. ohwell, it will all come back once I get more interested in it.

• 3 weeks later...

well, it seems that my interest is coming back. I am starting a new build on a 50breeder. This one is going to be built right and will have dosers and good skimming so I dont get burnt out on the daily maintenance.

Archived