Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

SLO's HOT5 lit 15

SLOreefer

Thanks NanoTy....far from #####in but it holds water...at least for the time being.

edge, I went to Poly and graduated in 05....so SLO =San Luis Obispo....I joined the site back in 02 when I was still a student...now that I graduated, I wish I had flunked some more classes so I coulda stayed around there a bit longer

yeah i love it here. im going to poly and im working at aquatic adventures. i think it has different owners since 02.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks adin! I hope this tank is a winner!

Edge, I used to go to that shop every few days, I lived just up the street on Mill. Is that guy in Pismo still doing custom tanks and a small lfs out of his garage? It was the shop on the main street in pismo that has the kiteboards and kites in his shop, like 2 or 3 spots from splash

Here are some new shots, new fish, shrimp and corals!

the new banghai

01.jpg

The new cleaner

10-1.jpg

Nuclear greens and purple deaths filling in nicely

09.jpg

the acan section

08.jpg

angled of the acans

07.jpg

favorite new addition from underwaterparadise.com

03.jpg

an angled shot

06.jpg

ORA birdsnest

04.jpg

a deepwater acro....first acro in the tank!

05.jpg

the best shot I have gotten of the mohawks

02.jpg

Thats it for now....let me know what you think!

ya, I was super stoked when I saw that piece at the shop....wasn't sure how he was still there when he hadn't received a shipment for some time.

• 1 month later...

Ive got some updates!

I got a new deepwater lobo...and the purple deaths, nuclear greens, and devils armor are growing well!

20.jpg

the mohawks are growing nicely

11.jpg

this pic has the ora purple plasma, ora birdsnest, blue prostrata, green prostrata, joker palys, and a chalice i really like

09-1.jpg

Here is a pink birdsnest and a pink lemonade from TFP

06-1.jpg

Dragon soul? favia( I forget the name) and some orange thing from Rob at Underwater Paradise ( I also forget the name)

04-1.jpg

Acan Island

05-1.jpg

Tank left side

02-1.jpg

Tank right side

01-1.jpg

and a horrible FTS

03-1.jpg

Thank you everyone for the kind words, this tank has had a few ups and downs, and even with dipping everything i add to the tank I still managed to get flatworms and red bugs. I've got some interceptor on the way so hopefully that will get me fully back on track!

weeta- right now from front to back i am using a blue plus, super actinic, aquasun, blue plus. it has a pretty decent 14k look. I wouldnt mind a little bit more blue....

got2- I frag those pretty often so I might just be able to help you out soon!

bk, I really like this tank size too! Its not very common but has such awesome dimensions. I only wish I could afford a vortech like yours, the tank would look so much nicer!

avon, thanks for the compliments. I am very picky about what goes into the tank. I've had nano's for about 8 years now, and one of the biggest problems with them is they fill up sooo fast, so I've learned to only put in corals that either a) I really want, or B) grow fast and sell easy so I can buy the stuff I really want.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's gonna be a little bit before I update the thread. I have been having some issues in the tank, lost a few pieces, and am trying to nurse it back to health. I have been in and out of town and the tank has been neglected. Hopefully soon things will turn around.

• 2 months later...

Well its been a while since Ive posted pics....some things have done well, others have not...some have died and Ive got some new....Things are running pretty smooth now and coloring up since switching back to b-ionic from some other stuff I tried (cant remember the name)...

01-2.jpg

02-2.jpg

03-2.jpg

04-2.jpg

05-2.jpg

06-2.jpg

07-2.jpg

03-2.jpg

09-2.jpg

10-3.jpg

Wow! looks awesome!! those devil's armors have really taken off :D and you have some really nice acans

the coraline has a nice purple

do you still have that poofy pink coral...I think it;s an acan :unsure:

omgomgomg

• 4 weeks later...

got2, the big acan in the first pic is the one i think you are talking about. It has grown alot and changed colors a few times during the battle with the other pieces. I will take some new pics and maybe a short video soon.

I added a psychedelic mandarin and it ate frozen after the second day! I have had it for about a month now and it is still nice and fat!

I am thinking about adding a euro reef nano. I was looking at the dnwb 110 and had a new one sourced for cheap but the deal fell through. The er nano is alot cheaper than even a used octopus.

scottyreef

Nice there partner I am looking forward to trading/buying some stuff from ya! I know some people around town i can hook you up with if your looking for anything in particular

• 1 month later...

I am moving the tank :(....This is going to be a huge pain in the arse! I got a stand and cant fit a 10 gallon so i am starting out with a 5.5 gallon sump for now. I will build something custom out of acrylic soon.

I am also trying to get a skimmer soon. I had a dnwb110 lined up but that fell through. I will have some new pics once the tank is all moved and stuff!

Archived