Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Evilc66's 40B

evilc66

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, but can you rebuild a 289 small block?

j/k. Thats crazy you did that much by 28.

Yeah, probably. I've rebuilt smaller engines on my own, and helped a few friends do full teardowns. Transmissions (automatics anyway) I think is where I draw the line. I've rebuilt a ton of other stuff too, including transfer cases, differentials, air over hydraulic break systems, and wheel ends, all for 30,000lb+ GVW heavy trucks. The last job I worked I was designing multiplexed vehicle control systems. Now that's complicated!

Hey evil got any new pics? it's been awhile and i could use some Eye candy :]] lol

I have some new stuff in the tank, but no new pictures right now. I won't have any until late next week, as I'm heading to England for my Grandfathers funeral :( That is, providing I can get there. This volcano errupting in Iceland is really screwing things up. All flights in and out of the UK and surrounding areas have been cancelled all day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

sorry to hear that man,i hope the situation improves soon and your able to make it there

I'll keep an eye out for those pics, so far everything in my 200g is looking good, the blue maxima looks like it's having some issue's (front part of mantel has been tucked up some) though i'm 100% sure it isn't from the light, think the tank may still be a little too new for him so he might be moving back to my 29g for another month or so, but so far my squamosa clam looks great and has been there over a week

the 5-6 pieces of sps i've moved over have all being doing well, there's been a little color shift on my red planet that was on the outer rim of one of my PAR38's but it's still got polyp extension and still looks like it's growing though the color isn't 100% there

still debating on what blend of leds for the next PAR38's i order are going to be, i'm sure you got my PM though, lol

I'm tracking down my local reef clubs PAR meter this saturday(if he doesen't flake on me again) and will hopefully have pics and numbers up next week

Well, flights got screwed. We took the chance and made it out to Montreal before the rest of the flights were shut down. Ended up getting a rental car and driving 10 hours back to Detroit. Doesn't sound like fun, but a far better option than being stuck in Paris for umpteen days while the airport was on lockdown.

On a better note, I have had a pair of juvi percs in the tank for a few weeks now and they are still alive. That means that either the predator hasn't snagged them yet (they don't hide in the back of the tank like the anthias did), or it was one of the mini carpets that did the anthias in. Time will tell. My LFS does have some young long spined cardinals in that I'm really tempted to get. For those not familiar, they have the typical bangai body shape, but as adults, they have a dark silver body, with brilliant blue eye spots and highlights. I saw a school of them in a large tank in Denver and was hooked.

I'll try and get some pictures up this weekend.

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather Clive. That's terrible you couldn't make it. :grouphug:

Longspine's are my favorite Cardinals. They're neat little fish. Good news on the clowns, too.

Thanks. We are trying to head back towards the end of May and do a memorial service with the immediate family once the chaos dies down a bit.

Might pick up the cardinals today. I'm also trying to get down to Cherry corals today to pick up a yellow aussie torch. I've been jonesing for one of those for a long time.

Indeed. What's even better, is that Cherry Corals is local :P

Ended up picking up 3 of the cardinals at lunch. Wanted the 4 they had on Wednesday, but looks like they sold one.

• 2 months later...

Let me see what I can do this weekend. I have some cleaning up to do, removing a shell/rock from the closed loop pump, and do a big water change (I'm switching to ESV B-Ionic salt). I did get some new goodies recently though.

keep us posted on how that salt works. i was really debating on switching from oceanic to that. also want to use it in my frag setup after it's built. pretty good price for how much you get.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Does anyone know if this tank still runs?

I've been following this thread since day one and think about it from time to time !

Archived