Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

RyanB's 1 YR. Old MIXED RSM-Updated FTS PIC! P.15

hb2envy

Okay....so here are the pictures of my 5 new corals I got on Sunday Night, 4-20-09. I didn't turn off the powerheads because I was lazy, but hoepfully the pictures are clear enough.

-Copps Reverse Sunset Montipora

This is how it originally looked

OriginalCoppsRS.jpg

3 days later, it looks like this which it's either RTN or something. I'm hopeing that it gets better. It's also more green with Orange/Red polyps. It still needs to color up since it was fragged from the far side of the colony.

3DAfterCoppsRS.jpg

-Purple Digitata

PurpleDigi.jpg

-Red Digitata

This is on my DIY frag rack

RedDigi1.jpg

And now part of the SPS collection

RedDigi2.jpg

-Blueberry Digitata

BlueberryDigi.jpg

-ORA German Blue Poly Digitata

The polyps still have to color up.

ORAGermanBluePolypDigi.jpg

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright so...my Blue Steel (Blue Hornets) Zoas didn't make it and possibly my Copps Reverse Sunset isn't going to make it either - I believe it's possibly due to the heat wave that we had last. My normal tank temp is usually at 78­°. Well, for about 3 days last week, my tank temp was fluctuating from 82°-84° which sucked ass. Anyhow, this kinda thing happens and needs to be taken care of for the future.

Woah nice tank! I can't believe I never caught this tread. I hope to someday have the same biodiversity in my tank (as controlled and orderly as yours)

Woah nice tank! I can't believe I never caught this tread. I hope to someday have the same biodiversity in my tank (as controlled and orderly as yours)

Right on JAVISAMAN, I highly appreciate your kind comment! Thanks bro!

Damnit, so I just got home and noticed that my Yellow base with Purple Polyp Monti fell on my Purple Digitata which I manage to save 20% of it. The Yellow monti is fine, but freaking 80% of my Purple Digi is dead as well. I hope that the 20% of my Purple Digitata is fine now and will survive - we'll see! I'm also going to detach my Orange Digi colony very soon and will cut it up in pieces due to it getting stung in the past from my Favites/Favia right below it!

Okay..so freaking my Green Bali Slimmer just stung my Purple Haze Monti which it is almost half white. I wish I can pull it off, but it has encrusted on the rock which it is stuck now. I hope it grows right back!

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you need a bigger tank. Being a RSM owner I know how it could get crowded quick. You may want to move things before a huge chemical warfare and you lose all your SPS.

Here’s the update for some of my SPS corals

Corals –stung/damaged:

1 – On 5-1-09, my Purple Haze Montipora got stung from my Green Bali Slimmer, but is recovering and should encrust over the dead area just fine. As you can see, it has already started to encrust which this picture was taken on 5-12-09.

1PurpleHaze.jpg

2 – About a month after I added my Rainbow Montipora, the polyps started to turn brown as well as the based turned to a dark purplish brown color. But about two weeks ago, the base started to turn blueish purple again and the polyps were turning back to orange. It also started to encrust now.

2Rainbow.jpg

Corals –encrusted/grown/colored up (others have grown too, but only took most pictures of Montipora’s):

1 – Purple Shamrock Montipora has started to encrust and sort of plate outwards.

3PurpleShamrock.jpg

2 – Montipora Verrucosa has finally encrusted and is starting to grow over the dead tissue from the last time it fell on the Rainbow Effelio.

4Verrucosa.jpg

3 – Eric’s Chille Pepper Montipora has finally encrusted around some of the edges.

5ChiliPepper.jpg

4 – Billy’s Ultimate Undata came out as a REALLY nice piece. It definitely encrusted and started to plate out to the point where I had to frag it due to almost stinging my Eric’s Chille Pepper Montipora and ATL Fire Polyp Undata.

6BillysUltimateUndata.jpg

5 – ATL Fire Polyp Montipora Undata finally healed up and is starting to grow around it. It also colored up very nice!

7ATLFirePolypUndata.jpg

6 – Strawberry Daiquiri Montipora Danae has colored up on the base, encrusted very little, as well as the polyps are starting to get its color back.

8StrawberryDaiquiriMontiDanae.jpg

7 – Poker Star Monipora Danae has fully encrusted over the base and is starting to grow towards the light.

9PokerStar.jpg

8 – Apple Berry Montipora encrusted itself around most of the plug. I wish I could of taken a better picture, but my ORA Neon Green Montipora Digitata was in the way as well as the blue polyps were not fully out.

10AppleBerry.jpg

9 – Tyree LE Pink Polyp Capricornis started to turn a little white in the rear due to not enough light in its position. But, it started to plate out to the point where I can finally see the pink polyps a lot better now.

11TyreeLEPinkPolypCap.jpg

10 – Blueberry Cheesecake Montipora (a.k.a Yellow Base Purple Polyp Montipora) finally healed up and started to encrust itself to the putty. Tubs Purple Polyp Birdsnest is growing as well.

12BlueberryCheesecakeTubsBirdsnest.jpg

11 – Tyree Blue Polyp Capricornis (left) encrusted itself to the rock and is starting to grow around now. The Infamous Frag Farmer Montipora Setosa (center) encrusted itself to the live rock and is starting to branch out. Tyree LE Sunset Montipora (right) finally colored up and encrusted over the plug.

13TyreeBluePolypSetosaSunset.jpg

12 – Close up of Tyree LE Sunset Montipora with its vibrant colors. I also noticed that some of the polyps started have single white stripes on it.

14Sunset.jpg

13 – The base of this Montipora was originally white with NEON Green polyps. Well, over time…the base turned into an orangish color and now turned purple which I’m wondering if it’s a Cloverfield Montipora. But the only difference from a Cloverfield Montipora is that mines has NEON NEON GREEN polyps. Let me know if you can I.D. this.

15NeonGreenPolyp.jpg

14 – Reverse Poker Star Montipora has finally encrusted on the plug.

16ReversePokerStar.jpg

15 – ATL Fire Polyp Porite encrusted over its dead tissue and on some of the plug.

17ATLFirePolypPorites.jpg

16 – Superman Montipora (left) fully encrusted on the plug and needed to be moved over just a little bit due to the Undata stingy it. Undata (top center) is growing rapidly aound and colored up. Acropora Suharsonoi (bottom center) finally encrusted on the plug. Acropora Loripes (right) finally encrusted on the plug and colored up to its dark green color now.

18SupermanUndataSuharsonoiLoripes.jpg

17 – Purple Snowflake Montipora is encrusting to the plug and is starting to get its purple color back.

19PurpleSnowflake.jpg

18 – Montipora Spongodes (left) is starting to nodulate. Different Tubs Purple Polyp Birdsnest (left center) is starting to color up and branch out a lot more. Thin Branch Pink Birdsnest (top center) is also branching out a lot more. Orange Montipora Capricornis (bottom center) is growing around the edges and is starting to move up towards the light more. Turquoise Green Polyp Birdsnest Guttatus (center) is starting to extend out its branches more – I will either have to frag it or move the Electric Green Birdsnest away from it due to it getting to close to each other. Electric Green Birdsnest (right) is growing rapidly to the point where I will have to either stat fragging it or move it somewhere else.

20MixedSPS.jpg

New Corals:

1 - Tyree LE Mystic Sunset Montipora was added on 5-8-09. This is the coral that I ALWAYS wanted. The base is starting to turn into a more reddish color now.

21TyreeLEMysticSunset.jpg

2 – Aussie Boiling Point Montipora was added on 5-12-09. This coral was part of the trade for a frag of my Billy’s Ultimate Undata. I still have to find where to place it in my crowed RSM.

22AussieBoilingPointMonti.jpg

3 – Another and BETTER Rainbow Montipora was added on 5-12-09. This coral was also part of the trade for a frag of my Billy’s Ultimate Undata. The Rainbow polyps are normally more intense under metal halides, but will soon heal, encrust, and color up when it gets situated. I still have to find where to place it in my crowed RSM.

23AnotherButBetterRainbow.jpg

4 – Unknown Green SPS was added on 5-12-09. I got this coral for FREE and would like someone to ID it for me if you all may. Thanks. I still have to find where to place it in my crowed RSM.

24UnknowSPS.jpg

5 – Purple Montipora Danae was added on 5-15-09. The colors are very similar to the purple haze montipora, but with bigger polyps. I still have to find where to place it in my crowed RSM.

25PurpleMontiporaDanae.jpg

Alright, so I finally found a place for my new SPS frags and will take pictures as soon as they get situated. I will also take new Full Tank Shots!

;) I love all the colors that are in your tank. Hoping that the heat wave did not do any damage to you tank ?

Thanks nemo85(Babe) and I wouldn't have them all if it wasn't for your help and support! Thanks! But yeah..as far the heat wave - I just left the heater off and opened the 2 covers of the hood which the Temp went from 78° and stayed at 80° throughout the day. Hopefully it doesn't get any worst than that!

Your SPS corals are so close to each other. Unless you want to frag everyday i would plan placement better.

Very nice pieces, good colors

FTS?

Thanks for the kind comments bps7772000 and NanoCube-boy - I now ONLY want to collect Exotic, Collectors, and just VERY NICE Rare Unusual corals from now on!!!

davidr2340
Thanks for the kind comments bps7772000 and NanoCube-boy - I now ONLY want to collect Exotic, Collectors, and just VERY NICE Rare Unusual corals from now on!!!

Right... But what about the growth on the things you have! Why keep adding more!?!?

Right... But what about the growth on the things you have! Why keep adding more!?!?

Well that's why my friend is gonna make me a frag rack tomorrow. It's ONLY Temporary!

Your SPS corals are so close to each other. Unless you want to frag everyday i would plan placement better.

Very nice pieces, good colors

FTS?

Thanks StevieT and yeah...you're definitely right about the fragging everyday situation. Anyhow, I plan on getting a newer and bigger tank in the future- I just have to look at my budget! And I will definitely post FTS as soon as I get and install the new RSM bulbs.

• Christopher Marks changed the title to RyanB's 1 YR. Old MIXED RSM-Updated FTS PIC! P.15

Archived