ReefCleaners.org

Spanko's biocube, what in Posiden's name is he up to now?

spanko

• 3 weeks later...

So thought I would post a picture of the reflector I made for the 32 watt actinic light I took out of the hood to attach to the Sunpod. I really missed the fluorescence of the actinc lights so I did this.

1actinic.jpg

Then went to the LFS to get some more snails and found out I had some credit built up, and that he got in some pearly jawfish. Soooooo I got one.

1pearly.jpg

I'm lovin the new pics. I'm starting to lean towards an LPS/ric/zoa based tank since I still consider myself a beginner. I have always liked the frogspawns and I miss my old one. Sweet looking jawfish. I wish I had the 29 gallon so that I could keep more fish.

Hey Spanko...been a while since I've been around these parts. Glad to see that you are still taking names and kicking reef a** with the tank. I love all of the new corals that you have gotten over the last month or so and all of your changes (rescaping, sand, fish, etc.)

Keep up the good work bud. I am going to be setting up a 20H in replacement of my BC29 probably over the month. Starting from scratch sucks but at least I have all of the equipment except the tank, sand, and rock :)

Check out my thread when you get a chance for the reason...hint....Neomeris overload.

• 1 month later...

Nice pics, watch thoes daisy polyps, they'll grow faster than you'd ever imagine and take out almost any coral. I know this from my mom having a bunch in her tank. Also I want your tail-spot blenny! BTW, if you haven't check my thread lately you should, went BB and finally put the rocks back in from cooking over the weekend. I should have new pics with all the corals in their places today.

Looks great Henry. You have such a great variety of shapes, sizes, textures, and colors in there and everything looks super healthy as well. All of your SPS look like they've put on a good bit of growth since the last set of pics.

Are you planning on keeping with this aquascape? I know you have been back and forth a bit with scaping and didn't know how you were liking this. I think all of your scapes have been great but this one looks really natural.

I finally moved some coral into my new tank so you'll have to take a peek once I get the video posted today and pics tomorrow.

Thanx Nick, yeah put those polyps right up front under the frogspawn so I could keep an eye on them. I will check out your thread.

Hey Dive, how's life? So yeah plan to keep this scape and just try to let it grow wild and see what happens. However I have said that a few times and get bored and change things up so who knows. Part of the fun I guess. I'll flip over to your thread and take a look.

Thanx for looking and commenting guys.

Nice acan henry, I saved one just like it from a LFS, it was squished between two rocks and half dead. Some cyclopeeze and mysis brought it right back to perfect health.

Nice acan henry, I saved one just like it from a LFS, it was squished between two rocks and half dead. Some cyclopeeze and mysis brought it right back to perfect health.

Thanx Nick. Good job on the save!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks great as always Henry :happy: Does the acan in that last photo have a green/purple mouth? If so I have ones just like it that are starting to color up, nice can indeed.

Shut the pumps down to take pictures and he goes in to get whatever algae is in there.

yeah...I know he'd have a tough time getting in there with the power on...good pic though...made me laugh. The people here at work are probably wondering what the hell I'm doing busting out in laughter with noone in my office.