Innovative Marine Aquariums

Let's See Your LFS Steal

Aqua newbie

Rarest/most expensive LIVING thing in my tank is a/an...  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Rarest/Expensive

• FISH
    • CORAL
    • INVERT
    • ALGAE
    • ???

Rare, large, pretty you've found at LFS for a bargain. Make other reefers jealous with your incredible finds. Pictures are recomended. Also aprox. price and LFS name.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got this Red Montipora digita for next to nothing at a LFS because it was dirt brown and pretty ugly but it has really came back to life under my HQI's

IMG_1099-1.jpg

well i could tell it was browned out so i took a gamble. the worst this that could of happen was it either dieing or it would stay the same. either way the coral was under 10 bucks. but not all gambles on corals are winners but with proper dipping to get rid of bad guys and care maintaince of you tank you can make ugly coral look good if its got it in them

silverplanet
nice big healthy frogspawn: $20:

IMG_0347.jpg

when fully open it is about 6+ inches long and it is growing tons of polyps??? on the "necks."

sure this is a frogspawn, the ends look like a hammer to me. either way it looks very nice and a good price.

Jason

clownfish1124

yeah i was wondering the same thing but it extends like a frogspawn. i will see if i can get a better pic with my crappy iPhone camera.

erk1...I had to call my husband from the other room to come see those corals...unbelievable. I've never seen anything like that brain...how much was it? What is it called? Where can I get one???

erk1...I had to call my husband from the other room to come see those corals...unbelievable. I've never seen anything like that brain...how much was it? What is it called? Where can I get one???

+1 How much WAS that!?

er1c_the_reefer

yup.

i believe the symphillia was $60 or less, which is about the right price for a brain but it was dying. here was the thread. but the color is what sold me. i've seen that color morph selling for over $100 from online retailers.

i'm in OC so i have several lfs around me that i cherry pick from but the 2 i frequent the most is eye candy aquariums and oc aquatics.

nothing major, but I got this fairly large colony rock for $40 (I think). there's atleast 200 polyps. the rock is about 3" x6", with polyps on all sides.

DSC00465.jpg

Archived