- Emptied 14G's tank water into 5 gallon buckets, then put livestock, live rock, and coral into those buckets
- I moved the BC14 (with the sand and just enough water to cover the sand) off it's stand onto the floor, then moved the stand away.
- Put the BC29's stand in it's place, put the BC29 on top, and added 30Lbs of sand (new).
- I then took the top layer of sand from the BC14 and placed it on top of the new sand in the BC29 to seed the new sand with some "live sand."
- I added 15Lbs of new, fully cured, live rock to the tank, wiggling it down to the bottom glass. I added the exisiting live rock with corals attached on top of that.
- Transfered all of the water from the 5G buckets (the BC14's water) into the BC29.
- Filled the tank the remaining way with new saltwater.
- Added the rest of the coral
- Acclimated the fish to the new water (as a precaution) and added him in
- Acclimated the cleaner shrimp to the new water (again, as a precaution) and added him in
- HELD MY BREATH AND HOPED THERE WILL BE NO CYCLE (this is still happening, I haven't taken a breath in 24 hrs).
So - there we have it. Both tanks had to live in the same space in my living room, so I didn't have the option of cycling the 29G before moving the stock over ... so hopefully this way works
The corals are all responding favorably. The crabs, snails, fish, and shrimp are all doing well. I actually sort of haphazardly added the rock in an effort to get everything in the tank and underwater, but I kind of like how the rocks look ... I'm sure I'll re-scape at some point, but for now, I'm leaving things alone as not to stress anything.
Pictures to come.
Livestock - Updated 1/13/09
- Blue Spotted Jawfish
- Ocellaris Clownfish Pair
- Purple Firefish
- Banggai Cardinal Fish
- Skunk Cleaner
- Emerald Crab
- Blue-legged Hermit Crab & Scarlet Hermit Crab
- Trochus, Turbo and Nassarius Snails
- Assorted Zoanthids (Fire & Ice, Radioactive Dragon Eyes, Tubb's Blues, etc)
- Fungia (Plate Coral)
- Trumpet Coral
- Assorted Ricordea Florida
- Kenya Trees
- Hammer Coral
- Frogspawn Coral
- Superman Mushrooms
- Pom Pom Xenia
Edited by Bonsai, 24 October 2009 - 12:48 PM.