Top Shelf Aquatics

HOW TO REMOVE RICORDEA AND YUMA

warhol1

I want to know how can I remove a ricordea and yuma so that I can attach them to another rock. Also what type of glue can I use and does it have to be glued outside of the tank or inside?

VannReefer87

I'd use sps snippers to cut the rock they're on and just use super glue to stick it on the rock....apply super glue outside of the water and then hold in place underwater for a moment....

justasfastasican

Yes you can, but it's not for the light of heart.

I think people mostly use Super Glue but I'm sure there's a reef specific product if your spendy.

You could also set it inside a cup of rubble in your tank, wait for it to attach itself to a small rock, and THEN glue that small piece to your larger structure..

I want to know how can I remove a ricordea and yuma so that I can attach them to another rock. Also what type of glue can I use and does it have to be glued outside of the tank or inside?

cut or break through the rock beneath the foot.so that they're on a small piece of rock that you can glue onto the new rock. Easiest done with a dremel, but hammer/chisel method would work too.

use any superglue GEL product to glue them down - can be done in or out of the tank, but works better out. Dab the surfaces to be glued with a towel to dry them a bit, squirt on some superglue and hold for 10-15 seconds to let the glue set up a bit. Drop the rock back in the tank and you're done.

Not any super glue gel... make sure it contains cynoacrylite(sp)

Also, if you cut the mushroom off you cant directly glue the foot as it wont stick. If this happens place the mushroom under a mesh with rubble or sand and wait a week for it to attach.

circusordie16

i second the advice to use a dremel or chisel. keeping the ric on a little piece of rock makes life a lot simpler.

How about mushrooms. How do attach a mushroom to another rock? the same way or can i glue the foot of the actual mushroom to the rock?

gulfsurfer101

It's the same method, if you wanna get it glued today leave some rock on the bottom of the foot. If you got time you can try all the other methods listed above.

• 6 years later...
Can you just glue the frag disk to the live rock?

Good job using the search function, necromancy or not. Yes, you can just glue the plug, you only need to remove it if you don't like how the plug looks.

If the mushroom is on a frag plug then it is likely attached to a small piece of rubble that is glued to a plug in which case you can pry the rubble from the plug and glue it to your rock.

Archived