Top Shelf Aquatics

Cuboy 4.5g! RIP! last pictures of my pico page 11

cuboy

Saw these for the first time at my lfs, $50 and I did not look at what light it was. This I could place in my office np. This great set up makes me want to do it and the lfs has enough tonga left...

I think it's a very nice tank for a office desk tank. I see alot of the picotopes at a handful LFS front counters.

edited first post w/ cost of my equipment, just incase anyone wanted to know how much it costed to startup.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it actually looks better, when fully extended, than that picture. My goby likes darting all over it, so the polyps were still extending.

I'm very glad it's still going well and hope it still goes strong!

Thanks steffo for the article. Yes I am aware it's a pita to keep a goni, and most likely wont survive in almost any tank.

This weekend is RAP, I plan on blowing cash at it, if I find some nice items.

Yes Sexy Shrimp is definately on my list. I want to get my tank stocked decently before I add the sexiness.

Yeah, New List

1 head of frogspawn

Rics

candy canes

maybe some more zoa and different cloves.

So I went to RAP this weekend.

I ended up with 6 heads of candy canes - $20

1 small ric - $10

and 1 frag of some orangy red zoa. - $20

I had my eyes set on a few other stuff, but didnt get the chance to make a second trip around to buy it. Oh well. Pictures will be up soon, I just need to find a place for my candy canes.

Sweet new corals! :wub: the candy cane! Based on the photos the Goniopora keeps looking better IMO.

Do you feed it? Have you seen any growth?

I haven't directly fed it, I just pour cyclopeeze into the front of my tank and have the flow carry the food all around. If I try and feed it directly, it retracts with the surge of water.

As for growth, I can't really tell if it's grown either. I know it seems more comfortable and it's adapted to my green clown goby darting in and out of it because it doesn't retract as much or at all.

Sweet new corals! :wub: the candy cane! Based on the photos the Goniopora keeps looking better IMO.

Do you feed it? Have you seen any growth?

actually. I do think my gonipora is growing! I see a few rows of super small stems / polyps / necks / whatever you want to call it.

looks like it's running out of rock frag room to grow on =/

hmm things arent looking too great, bad news!

I rearranged my coral, and did a massive cleaning last thursday. My gonipora has not extended in 3 days, but it does look just a tad better than yesturday. Doesn't look like it's gone just yet, maybe it's aggitated?

so I moved my candy cane away from the gonipora, then threw in some carbon.

things are looking just a little better, hopefully things will be back to normal soon

Sorry to read this. I hope it does go back to normal soon. That will teach you no massive cleaning from now on. J/K but I bet it is like everything else baby steps are better.

it's looking alot better now. I've done massive cleanings already, this wasn't even a big of a clean as i've done before. I was having problems placing my new candy canes where I wanted it and it released alot of it's slime (which probably irritated the gonipora b/c they were close)

ever since I moved the canes, my goni is starting to come out slowly, but surely. (or maybe the carbon helped who knows!) at least it's not dead =]

I have tons of baby baby snails too =] probably over 7. They're white shell right now, but slowing getting some color to it. I have 2 that look like it has a shell stuck to their shell.

A shell stuck to the shell? I love baby SW snails. In FW I used to squish baby snails on the glass for free fish food. Of course there were always pleabty of them. Never even crossed my mine with SW to do such a thing.

I have baby snails in my 5.5. Right before the lights come on is the best time to count them. I have not been there to do that lately but last week I counted 5 tiny ones and 3 larger. Still too small to figure out which snail they were. I think it is just another good sign of things being ok in the tank.

came home after picking up a few new items. goni was extended out almsot fully, some stems had a dark color to it, but at least it was extended. looking at a great recovery.

can't wait for my new zoas to heal (freshly cut) a few different kinds.

2 head frogspawn

a small slice of a shroom

Looking good Tony! Can't wait to see pics with the stuff I sent you home with! ;) That is one sweet pico tank! makes me want to stop neglecting mine :slap:

Oh I forgot to mention, I have a yellow clown goby too, got him about 2 weeks ago! he's the more active one, but both are eating just fine and doing great.

Definately thanks again Austin. all the ones I made you cut look fantastic in my tank. hahaha. I'll take some snapshots today, then probably more snapshots after the weekend when I glue them to my rock.

Pictures aren't that great, but I still got carried away snapping photos

fts

01.jpg

from right

02.jpg

fromt left

03.jpg

super blurry, but my new 2 small colonies of these pink ones with a few green skirted ones

04.jpg

05.jpg

my new 2 headed frogspawn.

06.jpg

baby nass roaming around

07.jpg

new orangy red ones

08.jpg

reverse gorilla nipple?

09.jpg

new green ones, who knows what it's called?

10.jpg

my new yellow clown goby, picture was taken last week

11.jpg

tag team action

12.jpg

13.jpg

see it does grow!

14.jpg

partners in crime

15.jpg

another lefty shot

16.jpg

another side shot

17.jpg

downward angled fts, yes took a shot of salt water. lol, trying to get a super small sliced super shroom to attach to a rock. don't think it's on the right track.

18.jpg

Archived