inTank Media Baskets

All-In-One Full Tank Shot Thread

AcroporaLokani

Fishhead Junkie

I like the rockwork Dean. Great cave in the center. Have any problems with livestock in the early 10 weeks of your cube?

Good luck on the fuge. Not sure what kind of lighting you are gonna use or how many but stagger them if you use more than one. I used two 9 watt flourescent undercabinet lights but put them side by side. I need to stagger them with one up top and one down below. Right now most of the light is to close to the surface, the lower chaeto doesn't get as much light.

Steve

I like the rockwork Dean. Great cave in the center. Have any problems with livestock in the early 10 weeks of your cube?

Good luck on the fuge. Not sure what kind of lighting you are gonna use or how many but stagger them if you use more than one. I used two 9 watt flourescent undercabinet lights but put them side by side. I need to stagger them with one up top and one down below. Right now most of the light is to close to the surface, the lower chaeto doesn't get as much light.

Steve

Livestock is doing great. The fish love the cave in the center. When I first got the BC, I did not like the way the night lights were placed (all three in the center of the canopy shooting straight down. I left one in the center and moved the other two to the front corners (protected by newly fabricated Plexiglas) directed at angles toward the center - looks much better and creates a beautiful dancing motion in the sand bed. At some point I will get pictures of this modification.

As far as fuge lighting goes, I have seen tanks that have removed the paint from the back and placed lighting within a DIY shroud - that is the direction I am traveling.

Thanks for the input...

Fishhead Junkie
Livestock is doing great. The fish love the cave in the center. When I first got the BC, I did not like the way the night lights were placed (all three in the center of the canopy shooting straight down. I left one in the center and moved the other two to the front corners (protected by newly fabricated Plexiglas) directed at angles toward the center - looks much better and creates a beautiful dancing motion in the sand bed. At some point I will get pictures of this modification.

As far as fuge lighting goes, I have seen tanks that have removed the paint from the back and placed lighting within a DIY shroud - that is the direction I am traveling.

Thanks for the input...

Did you have to add extra wiring for the stock moonlights to reach into the corners? Would be interested in seeing what you did. I am not too keen on all 3 moon lights directly in the center as well.

Steve

Did you have to add extra wiring for the stock moonlights to reach into the corners? Would be interested in seeing what you did. I am not too keen on all 3 moon lights directly in the center as well.

Steve

I will take pictures and post later tonight - once my camera batteries are charged!

Fishhead Junkie

Your fish selection looks just like mine!! I see a 6 line, a firefish, a cleaner shrimp...you wouldn't happen to have a chromis and a yellow watchmen goby?? :happy:

You've got some great coraline growth, love that purple look. The corals look happy and full.

Good job.

Steve

Thanks to all for posting your photos here. I am in need of changing my aqauscaping on my Cad 39G. My primary problem is too much rock. A lot of inspiration here.

Rock moving tomorrow.

Fishhead Junkie
Ok....I can't take any more!!

You guys make my tank look like crap! :P

Here it is again...lets put our heads together and come up with some new scaping ideas...please :D

I'd get some more live rock and fill it up some more. Your tank doesn't look bad to me though.

Steve

Fishhead Junkie

A tripod for your camera and complete darkness in the room for starters. You can't have any movement with shaking hands and what not.

Don't worry, I stink at taking pics of my tank too...drives my wife nuts when she grabs the camera and finds picture after picture of my tank on there that I never deleted.

Steve

I have a semi-pro Canon DSLR with professional lenses ( 20D). I increase the light sensitivity by taking the ISO to 800 or 1600. The pro lenses (Canon lenses with a red stripe and red L) allows me to take pictures without the need for a tripod in most cases.

Steve

I had to lengthen the wire a bot to reach the corners..very easy with a soldering gun. I also cut lexan to cover the new locations and sealed them with fish tank caulk. Below are pictures of this simple mod:

post-38246-1221427119_thumb.jpg

post-38246-1221427134_thumb.jpg

post-38246-1221427147_thumb.jpg

My BC29...just turned a month old. Added the two corals yesterday. I know, too early, but I got a ridiculous deal I couldn't pass up. Cycle completed quick, params stable, lots of growth and pods...tank is doing great so far.

And for the Bay Area folks, you need to check out the Aquarium Showroom in San Jose...very impressive and a lot of potential if Max pulls it off!

FTS_09-14-08.jpg