Pod Your Reef

StevieT's Sea Monkeys on Mars Experience

StevieT

I can't wait to see the little crowns develop on their heads! remember to give them toothpics so they have a staff to go with their crown! And the king will need a throne too. You might want to go furniture shopping soon....

Happy birthday StevieT!!!! :wub:

are you sure a two day cycle is going to be enough stevie?

Yeah dude, invest in a wet-dry, imo. And get a ####ing skimmer and some proper lighting on that thing, slacker.

:P

j/k. This thing rocks, and I am jealous.

I have a dream. A dream that sea monkeys will be given equal rights as humans. That it will be illegal for people not to have raised successfully at least one "squall" of sea-monkeys before age 18. That sea-monkeys too, will be given the right to vote. That a sea-monkey will be able to walk into a 7-11 and not be stared at as though he is some sort of brine shrimp or something. That sea monkeys will be given the chance to go to school and that they will be a protected species, like pandas. That they will be able to send their children to school without having to worry if someone will flush them when they are being given a swirly. That more people will actually know what a sea monkey is. That people will share the the same respect of sea monkeys as I do. That more people will go to www.seamonkeyworship.com because it is such a good site.

from www.seamonkeyworship.com

Edited by SPS20
are you sure a two day cycle is going to be enough stevie?

All the pros do it, I am sure my spaceman will get that nitrogen cycle going for me. How long did you cycle your sea monkey tank? My space man came in dry, do you think it will be alright to add now? I also purchased a sea clone skimmer, I hear they are the best. Can I use water from my toliet, I want to save some money on RO.

Happy birthday StevieT!!!! :wub:

Thank you!

best link ever

Got an updated FTS?

I added the sea people last night. Took some pictures, will update tomrorow morning since the camera is at work.

Saturday night I added the Sea People eggs that were waiting to come alive in their time capsule.

As you can see it has made the water a nice green color. I may need a skimmer to handle all of this bioload.

IMG_4819.jpg

IMG_4820.jpg

IMG_4821.jpg

IMG_4822.jpg

Some shots from today, I have not seen any monkeys arrive yet, they must be still on their way from earth, Mars is still just inhabitated by the spaceman with the butt plug.

IMG_4824.jpg

IMG_4825.jpg

I had a jar of these things going for like a year and they just kept reproducing and living. Your sea monkey container is much cooler than mine was though :P

Also, be careful of the space guy in there. I wouldn't trust him.

Also, be careful of the space guy in there. I wouldn't trust him.

I don't trust him either, I am beginning to think he has something out for me.

this thread needs more monkeys!

MONKEYS!!!!

I hear better things about the Tunze. But overall I am on a budget for this tank, do you think I can use toilet water? I can't afford RO at this time.

snake plissken
Some shots from today, I have not seen any monkeys arrive yet, they must be still on their way from earth, Mars is still just inhabitated by the spaceman with the butt plug.

stop it! stop it right now!

everybody is looking at me and trying to figure out why i am laughing hyterically at my computer screen

:haha:

Edited by snake plissken

This is really cool, but my dream before I die is to take an eco tour where I can witness sea monkeys in the wild. What an amazing experience that would be....

Mission control is still awaiting arrival of the sea people to Mars. We are trying to awake them from their hypersleep.

What if they died?

sir, we here a mission control do not speak such words. We have no reason to believe the brave and highly trained space monkeys have compromised their mission.

lilredneckman
sir, we here a mission control do not speak such words. We have no reason to believe the brave and highly trained space monkeys have compromised their mission.

Sorry commander! Sir, why is there water green?!

I don't know, the color came after I added the egg packet. Since I am a noob sea monkey owner, I would assume that is normal, but really have no idea. the eggs are like a green blue color so maybe it is from that. They are all chilling in the bottom of mars, they better hatch soon, I need some friends