Innovative Marine Aquariums

Dahlia's NEW 20L PICS page 70

dahliaheartsyou

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Greetings! I dropped off the face of the earth for awhile. I'm trying for a comeback. It's good to see the familiar names are still going strong! It's AMAZING how online communities like this thrive! LOVE it!

Umm... weird, but I thought I saw a clownfish in yer tank! :P

I'm gonna be really embarassed if you don't remember me.. so just pretend. :happy:

im offended that you let your fish throw their tongues out wildly at people. i'll take a mini nem as reparations. thank you.

• 4 months later...
Nice tank! It says your in michigan! Im up at UofM :)

Holy cr@p!!! ... this thread got pulled from the back pages of N-R ... whatever happened to Dahlia?

She's gone, I remember this thread too from forever ago too. I just had to make a new username :/

It was definitely an entertaining read ... 15 minutes of fame ... one day ... center of attention ... next ... out the door ... too bad ... I would be curious to see this tank today!

• 5 weeks later...
dahliaheartsyou

Hi....

not sure if you guys remember me, I've been here, just been in the background... :P

I've had some issues with the tank, pretty much most of my zoas to fluctuations, etc, but everything else is growing and doing great...I haven't had any money to do anything with the tank until good ole xmas rolled around...

SO, I now have a marine depot refractometer, chemi-pure elite, B-ionic 2 part CA/ALK along with a bottle of Mg, API test kits for KH and CA, and salifert MG test...

I was completely shocked(well not completely I knew it was off) when I got my test results(I tested a few times to make sure it was right)

this is for 2 in the afternoon

KH 6-7

CA 480-500

MG 150

salinity 1.030

pH 8.0

:(

So...I plan on slowly lowering that salinity, but anyone have any idea if that should change the other levels? The mg level is ridiculous, no I didn't make a mistake, it's 150! I'm guessing the only way my Ca is that high is because the kh is so low, I am getting a little precipitate white hardness stuff...=[

My zoas, all but 2 colonies, all melted, along with my gsp, but my lps (fungia, brain, and frogspawn) has done well and my froggie has about 12 heads originally having 2 only!

ANYWHO, just wanted to stop in, say "hey I'm not dead yet" and get some feedback for my whacky levels...also, I will soon have updated shots of the tank...just not too soon :P

dahliaheartsyou

oh, I rescued another cat, the other's are with my parents now, so she's the only kitteh with me in my apt now

her name is Luna (many reasons are linked to the naming, spanish for moon(pun because she's all black) or after the black cat in Sailor Moon, or short for lunatic...

luna1.jpg

lunaaa1.jpg

lunaaaplayin.jpg

lunascary.jpg

you didn't think you'd get away without any cat pics did you??? :P

dahliaheartsyou
Hey lady........

hey mister :D

have anything to say about those parameters above? tey is teh suks....

oh, I forgot to say, I have $500 I plan on spending soon for coral :naughtydance:

DAHLIA! ur back! :P

nice to see you didn't fall off the face of the earth :) cute kitty

OH HEY!!! :lol:

yeah, I have moved 2 times and that is no fun with my tank =[

OH and Luna says hi!

hey mister :D

have anything to say about those parameters above? tey is teh suks....

oh, I forgot to say, I have $500 I plan on spending soon for coral :naughtydance:

Not really, KH might be a little higher but I don't test so probably not the best person to ask :P

Glad to see your back though ;)

dahliaheartsyou
Not really, KH might be a little higher but I don't test so probably not the best person to ask :P

Glad to see your back though ;)

aw, the Mg scares me, it's 10 times lower than it's suppose to me... :angry:

I will wait for someone to lead me in the right direction...

Yeah, I'm glad xmas came and gave me money for the tank :happydance::bling:

dahliaheartsyou
where you been!!!?? I was wondering what happened to you.....everything ok i hope!!

I died :ninja:

but now I'm back!

no, actually I just have moved and had no money for new things, and commenting on all the noobs stuff got old to me...so I wandered off...but I'm back! yay!

lol... i just opened this tread and realilzed I hadn't been in it since March of last year.

Aren't you the cat lady?

Seriously... welcome back and post some pics. Now! (and I'm not talking cats)

Archived