SaltCritters.com

Dahlia's NEW 20L PICS page 70

dahliaheartsyou

dahliaheartsyou
Nice choice. I have the same pairing from Preuss. Mine paired in about ten minutes.

OH well way to make me feel like a copycat-boring-unoriginal.... :(

haha, JK!

It's weird cuz they are both SO small, like an inch and a half each, but that hole is SOOOO big!

Mine makes about a dozen different holes in different parts of the tank per day. Caught the bastage dragging a zoa frag down into the hole. Turns out he just wanted to eat the GHA off of it but he will use anything near to make his burrow.

hahaha AW!!!

they are super cute at least, you can't be mad at that grumpy face!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definately not boring to watch. I have no idea what my tiger pistol eats. I've never spot fed and I know no fish food gets down the burrow. He's been alive about 6 months so he must be eating something.

Wait til you have piles of sand in different locations all over your tank. Or the first time you wonder where your frags went only to find out they got covered in sand.

dahliaheartsyou
Definately not boring to watch. I have no idea what my tiger pistol eats. I've never spot fed and I know no fish food gets down the burrow. He's been alive about 6 months so he must be eating something.

yeah that is weird, kinda like my pom pom crab, I just stick peices of food in there and hope he lives LOL

dahliaheartsyou
Wait til you have piles of sand in different locations all over your tank. Or the first time you wonder where your frags went only to find out they got covered in sand.

yep, that definitely happened today, I looked in to see a cloudy ish tank and then the pistol's legs going 90 mph backing out the sand <_<

they are lucky they are so cute...

Great names for the YWG and Shrimp. :lol:

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

:lol:

wow! those pics are amazing!!! i knew that the crab holds the anems, but damn! the pic you took looks like he's bringin you bouquets of flowers!! lookin good gurl!!! :happy:

SpankythePyro

lol how much do you love the bicolor blenny!?

Mine has so much more personality than the clowns lol, his name is jean claude and he just goes around kissing rocks all day and changing colors lol

dahliaheartsyou

haha thanks so much you guys make me lol.

here are some more pics of the new best friends =]

watchman5.jpg

watchman2.jpg

watchman1.jpg

besties5.jpg

besties3.jpg

besties2.jpg

besties.jpg

Enzo's REEFer
Awesome pics, Dahlia!

I'm totally jealous of your YWG/Pistol pair. I wanted to get a pair but I'm too chicken :scarry:

I was thinking of getting a YWG but not the pistol shrimp.

• 2 weeks later...
dahliaheartsyou

thanks so much everyone!!!

i think the ywg and pistol are my favorite things in the tank-but don't tell anyone else in the tank!!!

:ninja:

mr. grumpy is now all over the tank and puffs up like a jawfish all the time at the hermits, he's a cutie!

i saw this fish the other day and thought you would like it:

http://gruntsculpin.com/Chirolophis%20japonicus15.jpg

monkey faced blenny

omg.

i want it.

bad!!!

i love the ugly fish, they are so ugly they're cute!!! :lol:

i got a YWG and Tiger pistol last week, and they are definately my new favorite things. myclown hates the goby though. i did see him puff up at him today for the first time. it was priceless. lol

Nice combination. I would love to add a pistol shrimp to my display, but I am afraid with all the tiny inverts I have it would be a mistake.

I have a ywg named Mjr. Grumpyface!

:happydance:

I've seen my pistol run out from the burrow and snag food from time to time, and every once in awhile I spot feed the burrow with a turkey baster just to make sure he's well fed

It's amazing how many nights I'll hear loud cracking coming from the burrow, the pistol is quite the little excavator/sand-dune builder!

Nice YWG and pistol...wish mine would pair up! I've been looking for a tiger pistol for my YWG for months but they seem impossible to come by around here. Finally settled on a purple legged pistol a week or so ago, and in the process of adding him to the tank he freaked out, fired his pistol and lost both claws...he's doing fine and has quite the excavated cave, but it will be a few months before the claws grow back. So far, the two haven't paired...funny because their burrows are pretty close to each other...

• 1 month later...

Def. nice pictures. The pom pom is stunning. Makes me wonder what your picture taking technique is. Do you use accessory lighting or just what you have on the tank? Also, your critter pair made me think of adding a YCG. I definitely have a pistol shrimp in my tank that I've never seen (only heard) and YCG is a great fish...just don't know if the tank can support another fish (I've got 3 in a 15g, a Clarkii clown, 6line and clown goby).

keep'em coming. what's your camera, btw?

Archived