inTank Media Baskets

UNOFFICIAL SUN CORAL/DENDRO/RHYZO THREAD

abe

They don't really need to wait to eat. It's already looking starved, so i'd say sooner is better

okay. lights are off now so ill thaw out some mysis since its all i have atm and see if it will eat anything.

best way to coax the polyps out is to turn off the pumps and squirt some mysis juice above them so they smell it it. and then when the polyps come out thats when you should actually feed the mysis

If they don't ingest anything meaty they wont make it. the juice doesn't have enough to help them recover, only to entice them to come out.

if I were in your shoes, I would try squirting the polyps individually with a thick coral paste made from something like reef roids or coral frenzy, and hope that the polyps open their mouths enough for the paste to seep into their stomachs.

it's going to be a real uphill battle, so good luck!

that first one is awesome!

im still trying to get them to eat. a few heads have been eating but others wont take anything. they are starting to puff up more now but still not much polyp extension.

Yup ive been pitting mysis on top of every polyp. Some are taking it and some arnt. Ive been leaving the pumps off for almost an hour after feeding them to make sure the mysis stays on them for a while just in case.

Yeah, it'll be a struggle for quite a while. It's particularly hard in this case because when the tissue has receded this much between polyps it generally means that the polyps are so starved that they are basically digesting themselves. They don't really have the energy to put into poylp extension and into swallowing the food.

Also, if the polyps are still connected by tissue they can still share food to some degree, so they can still get some nutrients if they can't ingest anything. They solitary polyps however.... aren't as lucky

yeah i hope they arnt too far gone. pretty much all of them will puff up and i can see their mouths but with no polyp extension. i just picked up some cyclop-eeze in a paste. im gonna try to somewhat smother the heads with it in hopes they will ingest some of it.