Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

June 2008 - Basser1

Christopher Marks

Your tank is awesome... very inspirational! Is it the jawfish that keeps your substrate looking so clean?

Thanks! You know, I never thought about that! It could be! I also have some Nassarius snails that bury themselves. The jawfish could be a side benefit as part of a CUC! ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick "Thank You" to those of you that looked at and posted comments about my tank. Now I look forward to seeing the July Reef Profile! Take Care, Basser1 ;)

• 4 months later...
Just a quick "Thank You" to those of you that looked at and posted comments about my tank. Now I look forward to seeing the July Reef Profile! Take Care, Basser1 ;)

hey basser,

I am pretty new to this sw game and have recently purchased a 29g biocube. I am truly impressed with your tank and am inspired to do many things just by looking through your tank of the month thread. I am interested in upgrading my lighting like yours, but my lfs said that MH lights would not fit in the hood. Would you be able to give me some info on how to get the right mods and whatnot to be able to keep clams and sps corals while keeping my hood. Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
hey basser,

I am pretty new to this sw game and have recently purchased a 29g biocube. I am truly impressed with your tank and am inspired to do many things just by looking through your tank of the month thread. I am interested in upgrading my lighting like yours, but my lfs said that MH lights would not fit in the hood. Would you be able to give me some info on how to get the right mods and whatnot to be able to keep clams and sps corals while keeping my hood. Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

MH lights will work whether you go topless and go with a sunpod or, in my case, I went with an upgrade kit from Nano-tuners. Actually, I was lucky to get this already installed in the hood from a fellow Nano-Reefer, Jared (JSW). It is pricey though. If you're a DIY'er, I think you can also buy the parts separately from places like Helolights, they are a Nano-reef sponsor. Good Luck on whatever way you choose!

Archived