inTank Media Baskets

June 2008 - Basser1

Christopher Marks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats! I really like the color of the colors and i really like the selection of the fish, very differnt. I like it a lot

Congrats. Basser1. Tank is beautiful. Love the Jawfish. Great combo of corals and color's. They layout is fantastic.

Truly inspirational!

Jason

June's featured reef profile is our member Basser1 and his 29 gallon nano reef!

featuredreef.jpg

Click the picture above to check out his reef profile! You can find Basser1's tank journal here in our Members Aquariums forum. Feel free to post any comments or questions you may have for Basser1, and he'll try his best to answer them.

Simply amazing.............................

Simply amazing.............................

Ok, looked at your notebook and was wondering what type of corals do you have. Can you list them sometime? I am new to this and loved the one your clown is housing. I was going to get a pulsing xena but heard it over grows the tank.

Thanks and CONGRATssssssssssssssss

This is inspiring! My 24 gallon ap will be here tomorrow. :happydance: Wow! I hope mine look like this one day. fingerscrossed This is my first post here but have been reading for months. Not new to salt water but new to nano. This tank and site are amazing. Congrats to you!

Can't wait to see your tank Bonsi - I set mine up on 5/30/08. No corals yet need to save money for the MH. :-( Man I gutta get a better paying job.

What is the coral on the left side of the tank (Green). It looks like it is on a magnet or growing from the glass and that it has nothing under it. Is that the case? I am lovin that look.

That is a green cap monti. It is mounted on a frag mahnet. These things are great for mounting corals on your glass! Opens up a lot of possiblities! I also have a purple cap monti directly across from it. And it's also mounted on a frag magnet as well. BTW, if you're interested, here's a link to them:

http://www.aqua-mags.com/ ;)

congratulations! great looking tank! i love the layout, i especially like that sps piece in the middle and i normally don't care for stonys. great job! *thumbsup*

Thanks tiny.... That neon green toadstool is the one you helped me bring back from the "dead"! You encouraged me to be patient with it. I almost tossed it out, thinking it was a goner. But I'm glad I didn't. It's one of my favorites! :)

basser1, really nice tank!

good fish selections and I love those dendros!

Thanks Fishfreak! BTW, I checked out your cuttlefish link! Great thread and you can be sure I'll be checking it out often! ;)

congrat basser! nice tank :) how long has that big red cap in the center been growing? i finally got a cap around 2.5" as a donation from a fellow reefer. want to see how its going to grow. :) congrats again in a nice TOTM. im hopefully picking up my picassos tomorrow as juvis from an ORA dealer. hope they grow up to be as beautiful as yours.

EDIT: and nice job with the dendros. im working on mine to get the same extension as yours (hopefully my sun corals follow suit as well ;) )

congraturationzzzzzzzZ!

remember, if you ever decide to sell your ORAs ;) ;)

congrats again buddy

abe...... I've had my red cap monti since the first of the year. Give them enough light and these will grow like crazy. As far as the dendros go, I find if you feed them regularly, they'll extend their tentacles more. I feed mine when I feed the fish, frozen brine or mysis.

ez..... thanks for the compliment! Your clams and your tank has inspired me. ;)

That is a green cap monti. It is mounted on a frag mahnet. These things are great for mounting corals on your glass! Opens up a lot of possiblities! I also have a purple cap monti directly across from it. And it's also mounted on a frag magnet as well. BTW, if you're interested, here's a link to them:

http://www.aqua-mags.com/ ;)

Yea! I am going to get a few thanks for the link. I would like a red cap and a green. I guess I will just start them from frags and watch them grow.Thanks again

Thanks tiny.... That neon green toadstool is the one you helped me bring back from the "dead"! You encouraged me to be patient with it. I almost tossed it out, thinking it was a goner. But I'm glad I didn't. It's one of my favorites! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations...Love that tank of yours, and you inspired me to get my Blue Spotted Jawfish...best purchase ever!!!!!! :D Cute little guy...provides many hours of enjoyment!

-DCG

congrats, you've go one amazing tank! :D

Thanks, it's appreciated.

Congratulations...Love that tank of yours, and you inspired me to get my Blue Spotted Jawfish...best purchase ever!!!!!! :D Cute little guy...provides many hours of enjoyment!

-DCG

Be careful, BlueSpots can be addictive! They do have great personalities. Keep us updated on how he's doing. These can be one of the most demanding fish to keep.

Thanks Uhuru...... He has a lot of personality and is one of my favorite fish! ;)

Hi Basser

I ordered and received my yellow head jawfish and the poor thing wants food. How/what do you feed yours?

I was thinking of getting some cook shrimp or raw claims and cutting it up into small pieces. Then getting it to his front door. I love how he spit sand at anyone passing by his home.

That's great Laura. I don't have any experience with yellow head jawfish, but I would think they are similar. Hope you have a lid on your tank, they love to jump. I've had to rescue mine from the rear chambers a couple of times. Also give them lots of LR rubble, all sizes. They love it. As far as feeding my blue spot, I feed mine PE mysis shrimp. He's finnicky. I've tried other brands of mysis, but for some reason, the PE brand works. I've also tried frozen brine shrimp and pellets, but he just spits them right back out. Another food he will eat is Omega One Marine Flake Food with garlic, he eats this up.

Hope this helps and enjoy your jawfish and keep me posted. ;)

i have a question for you. at what time in your tank did you get your picassos? i think i see black occelaris in the seven month old picture.

You're right abe...... The balck ocellaris was my first pair of clowns. They were both a jet black.... stunning. But unfortunately, one of them died to either ich or brook. My lfs agreed to take the other clown and sell it for me. I got my picassos about 4 months later. ;)

Archived