Pod Your Reef

Kraylen's Tanks Threads

Kraylen

06/09/2008 :

2008-06-08-00331.jpg

Full Tank Shot of old setup.

Introducing....

2008-06-09-01651.jpg

Orange Dirty Bastard - The O.S.G. - Boiled to Death. R.I.P.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Least favorite poster on the site award goes to...... kraylen. 75 views no replies. weak.

I'd comment - but I haven't seen your tank. Honestly I don't have the patience to click a link and wait for a slide show. ( I guess 75 other people didn't either.)

Maybe if you picked out a couple of your favorite pics and posted them in your thread.

Hey Kray

I agree with Pickles, I did click on the link but lost patience waiting to see it all. I do think you need more rocks though. Why use a canister filter? Whats in it? If you added more live rock that would do your filtering for you.

E. in Tucson

can is for extra flow(for now) it has some LR rubble in it... I was using a whisper to break the surface but it broke....

Hard to tell from those pics but it looks like you are going to need more LR ( maybe I just can't see it all in the sand storm) Keep in mind that your LR is primary means of filtration in your tank.

singmealullaby

hey kraylen, i think the mj1200 might be too much flow if it's making sand craters. i have the aquaclear 30 which is around 175-something gph and it's almost too much, i have to use the flow control. well good luck, i hope you get some nice pieces of LR. :)

I think I have a solution for the flow I'm going to try out in a minute... thanks for the comments!

BustytheSnowMaam

Kraylen-

Upload your pics to Photobucket, then all you have to do is paste the link here and we'll see the full picture.

noobofreefs

I like the aquascape. Gobies will dig it. Oh and don't worry about people posting on your thing for now. It's the first day you made it and a lot of people still need to find it + it gets way more interesting when you have livestock bcuz there isn't much to say now other than nice rockwork. On the lighting fixture it really depends on what direction your going with this tank. What are the livestock plans...other than gobies :P.

Hm, I dunno if i'll stock anything but the gobies as far as fish go.... typical CUC i'm sure i'll have a pistol shrimp or two? As far as corals I wouldnt mind a bunch of colonizing stuff... from spawn tree in the middle :)

I plan on adding a aquaclear fuge in the back when I get the fundage.

Who knows.

Archived