Pod Your Reef

Fiction's 3g Picotope. (Back up and running!)

fiction101

Watch out for those snowflakes. Nice looking corals, but spread almost as bad as GSP. I have some, but I keep them isolated on a rock in the sandbed.

Tanks looking nice though

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fiction101
Watch out for those snowflakes. Nice looking corals, but spread almost as bad as GSP. I have some, but I keep them isolated on a rock in the sandbed.

Tanks looking nice though

That's actually what I'm hoping for, since I'm trying to do just mostly clove polyps. :D

fiction101

My fav part about stocking a pico is the cost! Little $5 frags look large in these small tanks, I no longer have to worry about paying an arm and a leg for large colonies. :)

fiction101

I forgot to mention that I upgraded to the 36w dual satellite fixture and switched out 10k bulbs with the a 50/50 bulb for extra actinic. :)

Clove polyps are one of my favorite corals, but I cant seem to find many around here. Beautiful tank btw and i cant wait to see it all grown out. It should look amazing, good luck

fiction101

My lfs sold my their baby clown fish that they add in their 2.5 pico and once it starts to out grow my tank they'll take it back.

It seems to be trying to host my plate coral.

clown.jpg

Clove polyps are one of my favorite corals, but I cant seem to find many around here. Beautiful tank btw and i cant wait to see it all grown out. It should look amazing, good luck

Thanks!

They seem to be a lot more common here on the west coast for some reason.

stratosphere

Tank is looking great--I love the variety of textures you're getting with the different clove polyps.

My little true percula also seems to be trying to host my orange plate coral most of the time--it's cute but I'm thinking I should get that guy a frogspawn and see what happens!

fiction101
That looks really good. Any new additions you are thinking of adding soon?

I bought another small colony of daisy/clove polyps, but since I'm already running out of room I'll most likely have to stick with just small zoa/paly frags from now on. :)

stratosphere

Wow - that is incredible progress in one month. SWEET tank. I love the clove theme--it works so well in a pico. I just ordered a 3g JBJ myself, you and El Fabuloso inspired me!

A few random questions:

- This might be dumb, but you painted the Krylon on the outside of the back wall, right?

- I see you're in NorCal, too - where did you get those sweet blue cloves? I love them!

- How is your evap?

- Is that a yellow goby in the new FTS? Very cute.

fiction101
Wow - that is incredible progress in one month. SWEET tank. I love the clove theme--it works so well in a pico. I just ordered a 3g JBJ myself, you and El Fabuloso inspired me!

A few random questions:

- This might be dumb, but you painted the Krylon on the outside of the back wall, right?

- I see you're in NorCal, too - where did you get those sweet blue cloves? I love them!

- How is your evap?

- Is that a yellow goby in the new FTS? Very cute.

Thanks! :D

Ya, I sprayed it on the outside of it.

I bought the blue cloves and daisy polyps at Vallejo Aquarium for $25 each. Last time I went they had a brown/blue clove colony left for $25. Also check on All About Fish in Concord they had a nice purple/bluish clove colony for around $50.

I have to top off a lot, once in the morning and sometimes at night also but you can get away with just topping off once a day. My salinity has been stable since I set the tank up, so evaporation isn't a big deal.

Yep, yellow clown goby. It actually hasn't been eating at all so I might have to tank it back to my lfs.

stratosphere

Wow - that Coco worm is SWEET! Your tank looks so awesome...what a great selection of corals.

I'll have to check out those shops in Vallejo and Concord. So far I've only been to the places in SF itself and then I made the trek out to Atlantis Aquarium in Union City a few times because they've got unbelievable zoas. I've also been to a shop on the peninsula down next to Bay Meadows, but it was in sad shape, so I figured I'd only go to places on peoples' recommendation from now on.

How long did it take you to find that sweet plate coral? That is the coolest color!

Archived