Top Shelf Aquatics

Fiction's 3g Picotope. (Back up and running!)

fiction101

Well I guess trying SPS this early wasn't very smart, I still hadn't thought out a stable top off routine and water change routine. I need to go back to reading El Fabs tank thread and following his steps. ;)

One last photo before I abandon this thread.

P1010530.jpg

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ITs beautiful. I am going to use the very system el fab used. El fab sent me a message with detailed instructions, if you want it, pm me. Its really straightforward

I take it you didn't wanna try the pet bottle ATO?

Sweet new tank!

I did not want to mount anything above the tank, although it seems to work pretty good so maybe I'll try it while I look for a better solution. At least with the 5g ada the salinity should be a little more stable I hope.

ITs beautiful. I am going to use the very system el fab used. El fab sent me a message with detailed instructions, if you want it, pm me. Its really straightforward

Oh cool, I'll msg him later for the details. :)

the picotope club will miss you fiction. :tears: you inspired me.

but on a side note i have always loved ADA tanks. so..............

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT FILLED!!!!

• 1 month later...
dj.direct.current
Here are a couple photo's the ac70w/light.

1-6.jpg

2-5.jpg

I actually switched it back to the original lighting, I was just trying out the different combination to see what it looked like.

The cloves are already growing, their root system spreads pretty fast so if I knew how to ship I could sell a frag of them.

A AC50 would fit on the side of these tanks, but you don't actually have to have these filters. I think you can get away with just using the stock filter.

Beautiful tank!! one question so no chemi pure being used huh? I see you just have some poly and your cheato. I was alway told you needed some chemipure to keep the water clear..Guess if you keep up with it there is really no need? Also, how is the poly cleaning up if the water is going directly into the fuge? Sorry for all the questions, but starting one up and trying to get an idea of what I will be doing.

I'm actually running chemi-pure elite now in my AC50 filter with filter floss on top, I was always against it thinking it was pointless to use but now I believe it has helped cleared my water up. Although I do not believe it has done much with my phosphates, I'd rather use cheato for phosphates than the elite.

dj.direct.current
My AC70 filter.

P1010456.jpg

New salt.

P1010461.jpg

Mind me asking if you used any silicone on the side basket between the intake and fuge? Going to mod out one myself to make some room for my heater.

thanks

Archived