Pod Your Reef

Phixion's custom "12 x "16 x "12 AIO tank build

Phixion

crazydante23

Sure thing, I have an extra of that scrapper too as they were giving out free ones at MAX, I'll drop it by for you. :)

Yes bring it with you, I can use it.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like it Matt. It would be better if you used a "real" RO/DI unit though. ;)

haha, yeah yeah.... :P:haha:

Thanks!!

So, my first thought tonite was....what the *bleep* is/was that? My second thought was...my fish tanks. My final thought was...I wonder if Matt felt it? :)

Earthquake in Cali?

Oh yeah Paul, 4.7 in Lennox/Inglewood.

I didn't feel it though Gena, 80 miles away in Fontucky... :lol: In fact I was alerted to tit via text message from the wife whome was at work in Monrovia. Was everything OK for you?? I'm gonna be quake strapping down my 30g, but I think I should do the same for my 10g... :scarry:

Are you glad you don't really have to deal with those much anymore Paul?? lol!

Oh yeah Paul, 4.7 in Lennox/Inglewood.

I didn't feel it though Gena, 80 miles away in Fontucky... :lol: In fact I was alerted to tit via text message from the wife whome was at work in Monrovia. Was everything OK for you?? I'm gonna be quake strapping down my 30g, but I think I should do the same for my 10g... :scarry:

Are you glad you don't really have to deal with those much anymore Paul?? lol!

We felt it pretty good. No matter how strong or light they are...it is always unsettling for me. My son was freaked out a bit last night...but today he was saying it was awesome :)

This was the strongest quake he's felt so far.

Scott Riemer

It was pretty mellow by the time it got to us. The only thing that surprised me was the duration.

We felt it pretty good. No matter how strong or light they are...it is always unsettling for me. My son was freaked out a bit last night...but today he was saying it was awesome :)

This was the strongest quake he's felt so far.

I hate them no matter, lol! Bad experience with one when I was kid, ruined it for all others after that. Biggest for me so far was Northridge of course and I remember Big Bear/Landers very well too. Where are you located near if I may ask, Gena?

I'm surprised you felt it too Scott, but you are a bit closer to there than me, so not that surprising thinking about it.

I hate them no matter, lol! Bad experience with one when I was kid, ruined it for all others after that. Biggest for me so far was Northridge of course and I remember Big Bear/Landers very well too. Where are you located near if I may ask, Gena?

I'm surprised you felt it too Scott, but you are a bit closer to there than me, so not that surprising thinking about it.

I'm in Burbank. While I'm here...do you know if yumas will sting zoas/palys? I'm just trying to figure out how close I can get them to each other. I'm hoping they can touch...since I'm running out of real estate in the 10g :)

I'm in Burbank. While I'm here...do you know if yumas will sting zoas/palys? I'm just trying to figure out how close I can get them to each other. I'm hoping they can touch...since I'm running out of real estate in the 10g :)

Hard to say, I mean they can, but you never know till you try. I've had frogspawn (which are super aggressive corals) touching other corals without incident... Zoas can sting too though, so keep an eye on them bothways, after all as I learned a bit ago, zoas are actually types of anemones of sorts. ;)

So Burbank... I grew up in Pasadena, still currently work in Pasadena. And yes, I commute 45 miles one way from home (in San Bernardino) to there daily... omgomgomg

Hard to say, I mean they can, but you never know till you try. I've had frogspawn (which are super aggressive corals) touching other corals without incident... Zoas can sting too though, so keep an eye on them bothways, after all as I learned a bit ago, zoas are actually types of anemones of sorts. ;)

So Burbank... I grew up in Pasadena, still currently work in Pasadena. And yes, I commute 45 miles one way from home (in San Bernardino) to there daily... omgomgomg

That's quite the commute!

I guess we had another quake today...didn't feel that one though....

lol, hi.

What's the M doing? Did you get rid of it?

Hi Babyham! :)

The M... You mean my Finnex?? lol! Well if so, I didn't get rid of it. It's currently still sitting empty, but now finally IN the house as opposed to in the garage, lol! All the stuff from it is still in the same 20g long tank I put it all in when I moved back in December. That tank with all the stuff in there is doing great though. Haven't changed the water since I set it up, it's bar bottom and NO algae growing either. B) I'm waiting to get a saw (this week finally) so I can cut up some wood I have to cross-brace the stand because I don't trust it with where I live now, lol. The tank is all cleaned and ready to go though besides the stand work.

That's quite the commute!

I guess we had another quake today...didn't feel that one though....

Yeah, the commute is quite a killer some days, lol! But I hang in there with it. Nice house to go to everyda, so it's worth it in the end once home at the end of the day. I just wish I lived closer to work... =/

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sad to report that the smaller clown of the pair in the tank has passed on. :( I found her dead and sucked up against the intake grate teeth a couple nights ago. :( I believe she died BEFORE getting sucked against it. In any event, thank goodness for this tank having a skimmer.

I'm sad to report that the smaller clown of the pair in the tank has passed on. :( I found her dead and sucked up against the intake grate teeth a couple nights ago. :( I believe she died BEFORE getting sucked against it. In any event, thank goodness for this tank having a skimmer.

so sorry to hear that :(

I nearly lost my smaller clown a few months back. He just wasn't being allowed to eat...thanks to the bigger female. I stepped up the feedings to get him plumped up and now he is very healthy.

• 4 years later...

Archived