ReefCleaners.org

Phixion's custom "12 x "16 x "12 AIO tank build

Phixion

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting a barely used Tunze 9002 (the new magnet mount model) today to put on this tank. Next up, a water change... :lol:

Thanks! :)

I also forgot to mention that I have a Tom's Aquatic Rapid mini filter that will be delivered this weekend and I'll have set-up to replace the miniscule Tetra Whisper filter I tossed into the tank when I set it up that I swipped from the MiniBow 2.5g I still have yet to set up...

Got the Tom's mini canister filter delivered on saturday and hooked it up last night. So far it's running good. TINY little unit, but it'll come in quite handy for maintaining a nice CLEAN tank!. Running active carbon as well as a small bag of Chemipure Elite (for the GFO aspect) in the filter.

Also added..... a "new" (in reality it's used) Tunze 9002 DOC skimmer which isn't doing much because it has to be at JUST the right level to skim properly... =/

you filled up the tank quick :) . is your watermelon chalice going in there or staying in the finnex? tank looks real good.

Thanks Abe! B)

The watermelon is staying in the 30g as it seems to be doing well and growing quickly in there.

Oceanic 30g

How long have you had the tunze in there. They take a bit to acclimate even after a water change. Then they kick azz.

How long have you had the tunze in there. They take a bit to acclimate even after a water change. Then they kick azz.

Just a couple days. And it is used, not brand new...

Oceanic 30g

You know what...

I agree. They can be a pain in the butt. I have the nano reefpack and the nano filter is blowing microbubbles (and it is set lower in the water than the skimmer - Which I hate because it looks uneven) and the skimmer is not producing skimmate. (I just did a water change) I should have bought the deltec and been done with it!

Tank is looking great Matt! I'm waiting to see that light build! lol. I want to build one for my tank but I'm having a hard time finding the Brinks pendant.

I also wanted to say congrats on your marriage! Now you're probably too broke to do upgrades to your tank for awhile! :lol:

nice tank. who made it and how much did it cost. i like it a lot

Advanced Acrylics. John the owner is based out of So. Cali. The tank is a member only specific custom AIO that SCNRS did as a groupbuy, it only set each member that bought one back $100 which is an excellent price. But unfortunately this specific size probably won't be built again. But he does make similar tanks in other dimensions, they just won't be "1/2 thick like this one which was actually a fluke in the first place. But he makes some of the best tanks I've ever seen. He's definitely worth hitting up for a top quality acrylic tank.

Kimberly, thanks! B) Yeah, I'm definitely a lot more broke these days than I used to be. :( I still do find some pennies now and then to squeeze into things for the tanks, lol! :lol: I couldn't find the Brinks pendent myself, so I gave up on that after a couple days of looking and instead bought a less than $10 security light from off Amazon.com B) I'm waiting to get a base to mount the lamp to before setting it up, it's all wired up and ready to go though exception of the wiring to the fixture itself... :(

• 1 month later...
squirrelieygrrrl

wow phixion!

now that is one sweet tank! puts my 10gal standard to shame! :P i cant wait to see how your diy mh works out. if it does indeed work out well i might have to kidnap your build plans. ive been thinking about either doing a retro fit on my pc fixture, or making a diy mh. im still on the fence about that one. i gotta say i think that the 1/2in thick acrylic is awesome. also i love that lobed brain (if im iding it correctly). ill most definitely be tagging along on this tank thread, as im a sucker for a 10 gal. congrats on gettin hitched! i wish you two all the very best.

~squirrel

Much thanks, Squirrel! B)

Not much new going with this tank as of lately. Due to the hot temps we've been having recently as well as the constant running of the fan over the tank to keep it around 80F by day (and night too actually since the Tunze skimmer adds a bit of heat to the tank) I'm geting about a third to a half gallon worth of evaporation a day!! :o

• 2 weeks later...

Two new additions from a huge meet SCNRS had this weekend! :D

ORA Naked clownfish:

naked.jpg

And an ORA Indigo Pesudochromis (it's an ORA bred hybrid of the Fridmani):

indigo2.jpg

indigo1.jpg

HeyLookItsCaps

Nice additions matt. <3 naked clowns.

This SCNRS tank mustve been when I didn't have internet access, I wouldnt assume there's any of those beauties left huh.

Exactly something I was looking for

Nice additions matt. <3 naked clowns.

This SCNRS tank mustve been when I didn't have internet access, I wouldnt assume there's any of those beauties left huh.

Exactly something I was looking for

The only one left i was aware of was the one that JKleecher won, lol! But PM AA John about it, he might be able to still hook a club brotha up! B)

Thanks for the compliments and it was cool meeting you finally and your g/f as well. I wish my wife was into it as much as she is, lol! Naked clowns for life!! :D

I figured I'd pop over since you have been commenting on my thread.

I :wub: your tank! For awhile when I was debating between what tank to buy and I was seriously considering a custom job. They did a fantastic job on that tank. I may keep the ideas in mind for future projects ;)

The indigo is such a cutie too bad you said he has been playing nip and run with the naked clown. I love all the funky clowns too! Naked, snowflake and picassos. Such funny little critters.

Thanks BugBabe! B) Yeah, I'm definitely a big fan of ORA bred fish, mainly the awesome clowns they have. I had a picasso briefly that I inherited from a fellow reefer who had it as a pair, but the mate jumper out of her tank. She didn't want it to be lonely, but I think it still was and it died about 2-3 weeks later, poor guy! :tears: But I LOVE this new naked clown, and I've wanted one for several months now, it was a matter of finding a decent price on them as well as someone that actually carries them.

Fresh off the press though, here'an FTS I snapped of the tank just today! :D

SCNRS_FTS_8_9.jpg

nice dottyback i got a springeri dottyback from ORA and he is one of the most active i have ever had

IMG_0885.jpg

By the way i just got rid of two naked clowns last month to bad you didnt post you want one you chould of had them for cheap

Aww man I saw a springeri's once at Petco and I fell in love with that fish. Such cuties.

Yeah I know my LFS in my hometown always has picassos and just recently sold a pair of nakeds for $99 I believe. Their picasso pairs are $110 I believe. If they weren't so expensive, I'd get one.

Phixion,

The tank looks so sweet man. Really nice job with the scaping and coral placement. Keep up the good work.

Jason

On a side note for those looking Saltwaterfish has some of the ORA clowns and the prices arent bad.

Archived