inTank Media Baskets

Red Sea Max Index Thread

StevieT

Please add my new RSM tank thread to the list.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=158709

This has been great!

Thanks

Jim

Added Jim. Sorry I have been slacking on finding new RSM members lately. :P Thanks for sending me the link. This sure makes my life a bit easier. I also saw your custom rack posts in your thread. I will create a link to that a bit later as well.

Anyone with an RSM run a chiller? I thought I found one member who was but can't seem to find that thread anymore.

I remember reading this too ... let me look it up and post it in the original post of this thread.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There is a really nice lighting mod on RC that adds a 65w bulb in the front lid. Looks very promising!

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.p...20#post13145920

I can't figure out how to seperate the two halves of the front lid -- the three screws come out after removing their press-in covers, but I can't figure out how to seperate the hinge area. Any ideas?

Edited by JimDantin

Nice mod. I would be worried about heat issues. As it is my tank gets really hot with the stock bulbs. The extra actinic must really show bright colors. Something to consider.

• 2 weeks later...

I've recorded around 1 degree F increase in temperature.

Our local fish group had an interesting discussion about tank temperatures. The general concensus was that you should quit trying to hold down the temperature unless it's trying to go above 84. If it stays below 84 without any chillers or other serious equipment, then set up the tank to run ALL the time at that temp. It's the CHANGE that does the most harm.

If your tank drops down to 77-78 at night, but you struggle to keep it at that temp during the day, why not set your heaters to hold it at something like 82 all the time? 77 to 84 is a BIG temperature rise -- 82 - 84 is no big deal.

Just a thought from some people who have WAY more experience than me!

• 4 months later...

OK, so CM is an awesome guy. We figured out how to make me the OP on this thread through some back door way.

I will update this when I get some free time. If you are not on the list on the first page, shoot me a PM and I will add you.

Bluesky did an awesome job here and the framework is already there. Sorry to hear about his tank, he was a great RSM owner and we will miss him.

Morning bump. I finally figured out how Bluesky did the index list, all crazy code.

I added a few memembers off the top of my head, but shoot me a PM so we can add you on the list. Lets fill errr up

Hey redsea i sent you a pm

Wanna send a pair of fans when you send the upgrade mine just crapped out and started making a grinding noise

Also does anyone have a link to someone who has retrofitted there own metal halide in the stock red sea hood kinda like nano tuners does?

Im curious as to what it looks like and what is involved

Oh yeah stevie you can add me to the RSM owners list

Ive had mine since right around the time it first came out i wish i would had pictures of everything before it crashed and me having to start all over again

Hey redsea i sent you a pm

Oh yeah stevie you can add me to the RSM owners list

Ive had mine since right around the time it first came out i wish i would had pictures of everything before it crashed and me having to start all over again

do you have a tank thread? I don't see one on N-R for you. I can add a thread from another forum if you like.

Edited by StevieT
do you have a tank thread? I don't see one on N-R for you. I can add a thread from another forum if you like.

yeah i keep meaning to make a tank thread since im essentially starting over again from scratch since the day before i moved on december 8th my tank crashed while i was at work and i lost all of my corals and fish

easily 2500 dollars in coral between the acan's,blasto's ric's,and everything else so i had to start all over again

Great post guys.

Anyone who has an original M130 protein skimmer and who is willing to test a quick upgrade free of charge, just let me know. First come first served. PM me and leave an email address. Cheers, Steve

Steve, you have a PM

yeah i keep meaning to make a tank thread since im essentially starting over again from scratch since the day before i moved on december 8th my tank crashed while i was at work and i lost all of my corals and fish

easily 2500 dollars in coral between the acan's,blasto's ric's,and everything else so i had to start all over again

Let me know when you start one and I can add you to the list. :D