Top Shelf Aquatics

Red Sea Max Index Thread

StevieT

surgicalsense
It's working fine with thousands of micro bubbles

Stevie ... I got to the bottom of what was causing my microbubble issue :P for the time being I have it about 95% controlled.

I saw StevieT made some underwater lights for this use.And you can grow some chaeto in the media pack.I did a sump in mine and will grow some macro with leds in the sump.Adding a sump in RSM very good idea!I did it with 25mm pvc overflow.(double U).Also no bubbles.

Turns out that my MJ1200 is pumping too much water into the tank when the ATO turns it on. (Spiro, you were right)

Can anyone suggest an alternate lower power pump for my JBJ ATO which will still have enough lift from the cabinet to the tank (I guess it is 3 or 4 feet?)

Thanks

Turns out that my MJ1200 is pumping too much water into the tank when the ATO turns it on. (Spiro, you were right)

Can anyone suggest an alternate lower power pump for my JBJ ATO which will still have enough lift from the cabinet to the tank (I guess it is 3 or 4 feet?)

Thanks

I still have the 1200, but I lowered the ATO float about 1/2 inch and so far its working fine. However, I was thinking of somehow reducing the diameter of the tubing to slow the flow down.

Since you all are RSM owners I thought I would throw this out and let you convince me.....I'm thinking about getting one.....if you had to do it all over again would you buy another RSM? I'm thinking of going straight up to the 66 gallon. I currently have a 14g biocube and of course it is way too small but it was my first tank. I have heard good and bad things about the RSM...mostly good though. I think the 34 would be great for a while but then after a while I think I would be kicking myself because I didn't go to the 66 gallon. So back to the original question...if you had the $1700 back would you all go for the RSM again or would you build piece by piece?

Since you all are RSM owners I thought I would throw this out and let you convince me.....I'm thinking about getting one.....if you had to do it all over again would you buy another RSM? I'm thinking of going straight up to the 66 gallon. I currently have a 14g biocube and of course it is way too small but it was my first tank. I have heard good and bad things about the RSM...mostly good though. I think the 34 would be great for a while but then after a while I think I would be kicking myself because I didn't go to the 66 gallon. So back to the original question...if you had the $1700 back would you all go for the RSM again or would you build piece by piece?

I love my RSM 130d, but if I were to go bigger I get everything seperately, ie, lights, sump, skimmer etc.

Just lower the float to compensate. Been running a MJ1200 for 4+ years or put a hose clamp to slow it down if you can't figure it out.

Stevie, the JBJ ATO has an auto shut off timer. It comes factory installed to shut off in 3 minutes, I'm finding a way to get it to go to max which is 14 minutes. So even a lower float switch will not compensate (I don;t think).

I'll try a higher output pump than the toms and a lower than the mj1200. There has to be a happy middle somewhere.

My ATO also ran only a few seconds with the MJ1200. I was finding that the water level increased a lot because the MJ1200 is too powerful. I have not been able to find the correct level for the float switch vs the point at which the pumps start blowing bubbles.

Your suggestion of clamping the hose is a good one but why not use a less powerful pump.

First picture is just a mag float I glued to the mount of a JBJ ATO

Second is an ATO float that came with the reefkeeper. Did a walk though to share how this can be done with any float out there.