Top Shelf Aquatics

Calvin415's LED lit 12 footer

calvin415

Progress! Yay!

I like the chase, Eric. I think it will look really nice finished up.

Everything else looks good, too, except for your RO stand. I'd add a little bracing just from looking at the pics, but you can see it (and stand on it!) in person so I'll take your word on it. Looking forward to seeing this hoist system, it's piqued my interest.

Thanks! I'm off on Friday and hope to get the chase finished by then so I can fill it and see how it runs. :D My wife wants me to move the office to the basement so construction needs to end asap... We now have a set of bedroom furniture taking up our sitting room, so I have to be done by this weekend.

Very nice its coming along the excitement grows on as water filling day comes to view.

Adolfo

Thanks! I hope to see some water in it very soon. :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin415

• jerzsky

• Boomboy

• lakshwadeep

Would be sweet if you could have put some commercial MH recessed cans above the tank, but Im sure the t5 setup you have planned will look good as well, and probably have the added benefit of being easier on the wallet :D

Here's some updates:

So I'll start small...

Here's the power management, yes I just put them in the stand (still need to prime it)... I pulled out the stand and actually stood on it (right in the middle) and not a crack our of it so it's staying simple.

DSCN4534.jpg

ATO Float Valve is installed.

DSCN4533.jpg

Dual sumps are plumbed and connected.

DSCN4532.jpg

Loc Lines are installed.

DSCN4531.jpg

And here's what I ended up doing for the pipe... I took runningstix's idea of building a chase which will have a door covering the front for access (yes it's still to be built). The chase will have a dual purpose; it will hide the return pipe, but it will also hide a cable which will be run for raising and lowing the light pendant (also still to be built) with a switch. :D

Some more drying time needed, sanding, more mud, more sanding, texture and paint.

DSCN4528.jpg

DSCN4530.jpg

Hopefully this makes everyone more happy with the pipe. ;) I do wish it didn't cut off as much of the end view as it does. :(

love it more and more:D

haha, i just noticed your sumps are plumbed the same way my LFS does its displays

Great build! I thought the clear PVC was slick, but the pipe hiding wall looks fantastic. I think it really helps frame the tank, and once finished will really tie in well with the rest of the room. Can't wait to see the tank wet!

Anna :)

Looking good now. Crazy power management, I'd be labeling those switches after you get it hooked up and wired. Getting close.

yea

ud never have the i-have-to-unplug-everything-just-to-see-which-one-is-the-pump-for-the-turf-scrubber problem i have :P

Dude I wish I was still stationed at Fort Carson so that I could see your set up in person when its up and running. Truly a professional setup and a fantastic job you're doing. Can't wait to see it with water in it.

great job!!! love the chase, good way to hide the pipe! what about using the clear pvc u bought to come out of the chase in to the tank...i think that would finish off the look, and be less noticeable. coming along great!! awesome!!

Would be sweet if you could have put some commercial MH recessed cans above the tank, but Im sure the t5 setup you have planned will look good as well, and probably have the added benefit of being easier on the wallet :D

Yeah... Cheaper in every way and should still do the job... :D

love it more and more:D

haha, i just noticed your sumps are plumbed the same way my LFS does its displays

I couldn't get a larger sump in there due to the supports, but I can certainly plumb them together!

Great build! I thought the clear PVC was slick, but the pipe hiding wall looks fantastic. I think it really helps frame the tank, and once finished will really tie in well with the rest of the room. Can't wait to see the tank wet!

Anna :)

Thanks! Stay tuned for an update. ;)

Looking good now. Crazy power management, I'd be labeling those switches after you get it hooked up and wired. Getting close.

Yep, they will all be labeled as soon as I figure out where everything will be wired.

yea

ud never have the i-have-to-unplug-everything-just-to-see-which-one-is-the-pump-for-the-turf-scrubber problem i have :P

LOL! Yeah, been there done that, never again.

Dude I wish I was still stationed at Fort Carson so that I could see your set up in person when its up and running. Truly a professional setup and a fantastic job you're doing. Can't wait to see it with water in it.

Wish you were too, we have a great club here now, and my door is always open to fell addicts. ;)

great job!!! love the chase, good way to hide the pipe! what about using the clear pvc u bought to come out of the chase in to the tank...i think that would finish off the look, and be less noticeable. coming along great!! awesome!!

I'll be using the clear in the tank, but because I won't be able to remove the pipe to clean it it has to be white. :(

So here's what I did today, hope you guys enjoy... Can you say WET!!!

Under the stand:

DSCN4540.jpg

DSCN4541.jpg

I wrapped the ATO drum stand in left over PVC Sheet to give it a better look for you guys.

DSCN4542.jpg

Fans are installed and running, these babies are silent!!! With 3 of them running full speed, the air flow from the furnace is louder!

DSCN4548.jpg

The fans blow directly into the utility room:

DSCN4549.jpg

Chase is finished, you can see how much it cuts off.

DSCN4546.jpg

FTS:

DSCN4550.jpg

FTS:

DSCN4545.jpg

Here's the finished tank (except the lights)...

DSCN4535.jpg

After 4 hours of RO/DI running:

DSCN4544.jpg

Awesome Job!

What a blast to follow along on such a sweet build!

Thank you for taking the time to post for us all to enjoy.

Great work on the whole project, you should be proud.

Looks awesome!

Thanks!

Awesome Job!

What a blast to follow along on such a sweet build!

Thank you for taking the time to post for us all to enjoy.

Great work on the whole project, you should be proud.

Thanks! :D

wahoo!!! water!!! only bout 4more days n she'll be filled! j/k haha

+1 on the thanks! i have truly enjoyed following this!!

good jib! cant wait to see the lights installed!!

now with a front tank shot i cant really notice that pipe stickin outta the chase.

keep it up!!!

Wow, what a culmination of all your hard work. Thanks for including us in the journey. It is exciting to me seeing water going in this thing, I can only imagine how you must be feeling. Great job.

Amazing... Absolutely Stunning... serious is a great looking tank.. blows me away how sweet it is.. the whole design...

Looking forward to the sand and rock additions.

im kinda concerned about that barrel on its side?

are u going to put like some sorta edge to to stop a runaway barrel incase a kid gets get their roll on?

its, uh, kinda got the big piece of wood from the doorframe in the way?

One small thought, you used clear PVC for in the tank on the return but white where it comes from the wall. I'm assuming(which I hate to do cause I'm usually wrong) this is where the elbow can be removed for cleaning the clear PVC? Why not paint the white pvc elbow to match the wall? It wouldn't jump out at you so much.

Anyway I've been following this for a while and it is an amazing project. Keep up the great posts. Can't wait to see the canopy...

Water! omgomgomg

YES, YES, YES!!! ;)

wahoo!!! water!!! only bout 4more days n she'll be filled! j/k haha

+1 on the thanks! i have truly enjoyed following this!!

good jib! cant wait to see the lights installed!!

now with a front tank shot i cant really notice that pipe stickin outta the chase.

keep it up!!!

4 days? Maybe longer... I can't believe the dribble coming out of this thing...

Thanks!

Wow i am impressed we got water in the tank. Not the right kind of water but soon we will have salty water for all your stock.

Adolfo

Sure it's the right kind of water, it's just not mixed yet. ;)

Wow, what a culmination of all your hard work. Thanks for including us in the journey. It is exciting to me seeing water going in this thing, I can only imagine how you must be feeling. Great job.

Thanks, yeah I'm pretty stoked, but not looking forward to trying to put the rock work all together...

Amazing... Absolutely Stunning... serious is a great looking tank.. blows me away how sweet it is.. the whole design...

Looking forward to the sand and rock additions.

Thanks! Maybe I'm just getting used to it, but it's seems really simple to me now. :(

im kinda concerned about that barrel on its side?

are u going to put like some sorta edge to to stop a runaway barrel incase a kid gets get their roll on?

I'll leave it alone since it's already covered. ;)

its, uh, kinda got the big piece of wood from the doorframe in the way?

Ditto

The chase looks amazing now that it's finished! Congrats on starting to fill it up! :)

Thanks!

oh lol..i never saw that.. those bottom pics on that last page never uploaded b4. :)

;)

One small thought, you used clear PVC for in the tank on the return but white where it comes from the wall. I'm assuming(which I hate to do cause I'm usually wrong) this is where the elbow can be removed for cleaning the clear PVC? Why not paint the white pvc elbow to match the wall? It wouldn't jump out at you so much.

Anyway I've been following this for a while and it is an amazing project. Keep up the great posts. Can't wait to see the canopy...

Guess you just can't please everyone...

Thanks for all the posts and taking the time to reply and follow along on what seems like is taking forever... I think the only thing that's going to take longer is getting it filled. ;) Again, THANKS!!!

Edited by calvin415
YES, YES, YES!!! ;)

4 days? Maybe longer... I can't believe the dribble coming out of this thing...

Thanks!

Sure it's the right kind of water, it's just not mixed yet. ;)

Thanks, yeah I'm pretty stoked, but not looking forward to trying to put the rock work all together...

Thanks! Maybe I'm just getting used to it, but it's seems really simple to me now. :(

I'll leave it alone since it's already covered. ;)

Ditto

Thanks!

;)

Guess you just can't please everyone...

Thanks for all the posts and taking the time to reply and follow along on what seems like is taking forever... I think the only thing that's going to take longer is getting it filled. ;) Again, THANKS!!!

how far till it fills?

how much salt are u gonna have? get a pic of your salt or something as it goes in :D i dont think ill see that much salt in one place for a while