Top Shelf Aquatics

The Yasha Hashe Goby Thread!

Nick's Reef

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I purchased mine specifically following the spots on the pectoral fins advice. I don't remember where I saw that information.

On Marine Breeder.org http://www.marinebreeder.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=222&t=707&start=25 aguy who successfully grew larvae out to 22 days posted this picture of his pair.

http://photos.frags.org/bigger/72/10494_20080107072943.jpg

I actually looked into this a while back as well. There is a thread on mofib specifically about this, link. I have seen it in many photos too and believe it to be very accurate. It really seems to be the standard now. I did also read that it can fade from not having a natural diet and that you will see it in wild caught males mostly. It's discussed briefly in the thread. I have heard this elsewhere also.

I really like the coloration of your haze's. That has to be one of the coolest color variations I've seen on this fish. I don't know how I'd feel if they lost all of the orange though. How old are they?

I miss mine now, poor Yoshi :(

I actually looked into this a while back as well. There is a thread on mofib specifically about this, link. I have seen it in many photos too and believe it to be very accurate. It really seems to be the standard now. I did also read that it can fade from not having a natural diet and that you will see it in wild caught males mostly. It's discussed briefly in the thread. I have heard this elsewhere also.

I really like the coloration of your haze's. That has to be one of the coolest color variations I've seen on this fish. I don't know how I'd feel if they lost all of the orange though. How old are they?

I miss mine now, poor Yoshi :(

That is the post I was talking about but couldn't find again.

I've had the female since last May and the Male since last June. Both were smallish so I figure they were pretty young when I got them. Interestingly enough the male got dark first. The female is now pretty much all black striped now as well. Still a reddish tinge to the spots and stripes but mostly black.

They east a combo of frozen brine and mysis as well as any copepods and amphipods they can catch. They'll occasionally eat flakes as well when my daughter feeds my starving clowns. (No they aren't starving, but they'll come to the front of the tank and beg if you get near it.)

Yashas drool, and flag tails rule!

J.K. I got a goby and a candy pistol last week, and have really been enjoying them in my tank. The flag tail was half the price of a Yasha. Anybody know why they differ so much in pricing?

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Any of you know how to lure a yasha out of its hole to a new one? I put one in my tank and of course it found itself a home on the backwall completely unable to be seen.

Archived