Top Shelf Aquatics

January 2008 - Junkitu

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

Our first featured reef profile of 2008 is our member Junkitu and his 24 gallon Current USA Aquapod.

20months.jpg

Click the picture above to check out his reef profile! Junkitu's member aquarium thread can be found here. Feel free to post any comments or questions you may have for Junkitu, and he'll try his best to answer them.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks again to Christopher and the N-R.com moderators for selecting my tank to bring back this awesome feature to our site. You can also read more about my tank on my thread.

Happy New Year everyone!

This has always been one of my favorite tanks on NR and I'm glad to see it profiled here.

Congrats Junkitu, you deserve it!

Well deserved. One question: Why do you dose 2 types of two part?

Kent Marine Nano 2-part additive (Tuesday, Thursday)

B-Ionic 2-part additive (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

Well deserved. One question: Why do you dose 2 types of two part?

Kent Marine Nano 2-part additive (Tuesday, Thursday)

B-Ionic 2-part additive (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

Thanks!

No special reason on the dosing regimen. I started with the Kent Marine and eventually added the B-Ionic to supplement calcium when I started adding the SPS and clams. I compared the labels and the Kent Marine contains trace elements that don't appear to be in the B-Ionic so I decided to use both.

Excellent idea, the TOTM, and a beautiful tank with which to start it off.

Hats off to CM and Junkitu!

Your profile is awesome. I like the description you provide and the setup you have and the pictures help too. I will be using this as a guide to better my tank.

I now have a new inspiration tank. :)

Fabulous job, Junkitu. Your tank is undoubtedly one of the MOST CREATIVE presentations I've seen, ever. Photos of "Mushroom House" in early 2007 made me dedicate so much of my time to reefkeeping. I owe you my sanity. Thanks for the inspiration.

I've been subscribed to your tank thread for months. Congratulations on the TOTM! You really deserve it. It has been such a pleasure to watch this tank mature!

Wow! What an inspirational tank. I love all of the diversity in there. I just hope my tank can be half as good as yours in 20 months. Keep up the good work.

Thanks everyone! :D It's really great to hear from so many folks that have been following along with my thread.

As I mentioned in my write-up, special thanks to icenine and ez for thier continued inspiration. :bowdown:

AdriftQuasar

Congratulations man. Along with members like icenine and ez, you set a great example of the high standard that can be set with nano reefing.

Well deserved. When I try to explain to people what a nano-reef can look like, it is your tank that I show them. I usually don't have much more explaining to do afterward.

Archived