Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

What do anemones eat?

clownfish_5

My Haitian (Condylactis Gigantea) won't take silversides very well but does like krill, flakes, and loves Formula One Marine pellets. 10g is too small for a condy long term. They also create a giant bioload.

Almost any sea-faring food should be fine. My bubble tip gets squid and shrimp pieces.

Condys can be kept in ten gallons, but there would need to be some special concerns.

sadly, if you need to ask any of these questions then you are not ready for an anemone.

+100 If you haven't done enough research on anemones to know this answer do not get one.

Nope. Asking a question on NR when the answer can be easily found by SEARCHING is lazy. Lazy people should not keep advanced animals. A goldfish would be better suited for a lazy person then an anemone.

el_vulture619
Nope. Asking a question on NR when the answer can be easily found by SEARCHING is lazy. Lazy people should not keep advanced animals. A goldfish would be better suited for a lazy person then an anemone.

What is this RC?? There are THOUSANDS of threads on NR. I have searched but not found specific answers to my questions. How do you reaserch? How do you get answers? By asking questions. the purpose for this forum right? the exchange of info!?

remeber you were in the same boat he was at one time, didnt know the answer to simple things, now that you know spread the love baby! :D Remeber, you STILL dont know it all!

How do you get answers?

By searching. Its a great tool. I have learned alot that way. I think people should try it sometime. Some questions are difficult to find an answer to which NR is a great place to ask, and some questions are as easy as a google search. I have never researched anemones because I personally don't have an interest in keeping one but I found this in about 2.5 seconds of searching.

Food usually consists of a piece of raw shrimp about the size of the anemone's mouth. Lance fish, silversides, clams, scallops and other frozen marine organisms. :)

Well what is the point of these forums if not for asking questions? Sure he could have searched first, but seriously, the guy telling him he's an idiot for asking a question is an impedance to gaining knowledge, and no help at all. The point being at least give the guy a quick rundown of the facts before assholing out, though to be fair it wasn't you (as in Scarfish) that was doing this.

Secondly, I consider myself a pretty lazy person but have no problem with my anemone. Really laziness doesn't have much to do with owning a reef tank; a water change every two weeks and algae scraping doesn't exactly require a whole lot of effort.

Except bubble tips and LTA's from my reading; they prefer chopped up Americans.

Screw trying to be diplomatic; I find it hilarious how you, like so many others on my other forum, have lowered to insults when they feel they may be losing an argument. :lol: I'm not going to go over why you shouldn't be insulting Canadians in particular, but I will say, hopefully we don't decide to cut off your power, food and oil supplies.

Archived