ReefCleaners.org

SeeDemTails 37 gal Mantle SPS and Zoa Reef

SeeDemTails

Yeah, I am taking out the SPS and the rocks with SPS and moving them seperately, so they dont get broke and so they stay wet.

The other side, I plan to leave all the rock on the softie side, as it is all stuck together with corals grown over it and it shouldnt move.

I also thought about moving the water out of the tank, putting it in the vehicle, refilling it halfway to cover the corals, and then draining it to put it in place and refilling it again.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also thought about moving the water out of the tank, putting it in the vehicle, refilling it halfway to cover the corals, and then draining it to put it in place and refilling it again.

That's what BibleSue and I have done when transporting corals to frag swaps, and it's worked well for us.

Yeah in that aspect I trust them. They move tanks all the time, and have been doing so for years. Don't get me wrong, I will be right there watching over every move!!

Lots of luck with the move. My 2 cents would be to transport the big monticap in a triple layer trash bag filled with 2Gs of tank water, and rest it on top of a clothes hamper (filled with clothes of course) during transport. Bag the rest of the SPS in a similar fashion. Dry ship your LR that has no corals attached. The remaining softies and LR go in your tank filled with only enough water to submerge them completely. Then maybe do a 35% water change when you get to your new place, since your old water will have become exceptionally dirty by then. I did the same thing when I moved my 20G tank 3.5 hours away.

Unless you've already finished moving. In that case, I do hope all is well. Will it be a 2-way there too?

Will it be a 2-way there too?

Unfortunatley, it wont be a 2-way any longer and that really sucks, there just isnt any place for it. I have to find a place for the tank. More than likley I will put it on a stand and ad a fuge under it.

Change is good and it could have been way worse, but if any of you have grown a tank out you know, when the rockwork shifts it is so difficult to place things, due to their large size, and the growth patters you already have from lighthing direction.

Unfortunatley, it wont be a 2-way any longer and that really sucks, there just isnt any place for it. I have to find a place for the tank. More than likley I will put it on a stand and ad a fuge under it.

Change is good and it could have been way worse, but if any of you have grown a tank out you know, when the rockwork shifts it is so difficult to place things, due to their large size, and the growth patters you already have from lighthing direction.

I have not grown a tank out, so I can only imagine. Thinking about it, I can see how everyone in the tank grows into their own places and fit together. Disturbing that must be difficult to re-group. Sounds like a good opportunity to move! I only built a dual 20g system because I'm moving in 2 years. When I get to the new place , I'll build a biggen. I don't want to imagine having to move an established tank!

I am slowly putting things back together, it isnt that bad.

I will post some new pics later.

You know the most rewarding part of all this?...Having to move the pocillipora closer to the pink/brown zoas and worrying about it, only to watch it kick the zoas azz.

Christel I noticed you were in Daytona Beach area and wondered where you bought your stuff from. I lived off of Beville last summer at small little place called Sun Pointe and could not find a good store around there to save my life. Only one store I went to down there even had coral worth mentioning, and they were closer to A1A.

There is a place on Nova Rd in South Daytona near Reed Canal Rd called amazing aquariums. they have some nice stuff from time to time. MR. Petman, Coral Reef Aquariums, and The Fish Tank all have horrible stuff. I got a 3 1/2" bright green encrusting monti for $30 one time.

Poseidon Aquarium has improved quite a bit, they added on to the store, but they are still real stingy about even selling anything good, which is all I want to buy, so I dont shop there much.

Poseidon, and Amazing were the only two that I saw down there that were fairly good. I liked amazing when I checked it out, but they didn't have too many SPS at the time. The fella that ran the place was really cool and we talked a bit. I think I still have the magnet he gave me for the fridge.

Just out of curiosity, where abouts in Daytona do you live? I was living in Daytona but working at Florida Hospital Flagler during their 32 bed expansion. Currently am slated to be back in Daytona proper to work at Halifax on their new Tower expansion. Sun Point was ok but I want something...well lets just say a little less Embry Riddle.

Thanks, sorry for the off topic.

By the way if I am down that way I will bring you some frags, hopefully I will get a chance to fly down so I can bring them without worry.

I live in Port Orange right now on Riverside drive near Aunt Catfishes resturaunt, but we are moving to a new house in Ormond Beach.

Yeah they are building a whole bunch of stuff on the hospital right now.

That would be awesome about the frags, just let me know.

• 4 weeks later...
Oceanic 30g

Nice tank. How much rock do you have in it and where is it from. I think it is refreshing to see a different aquascape once in a while. I like the space for growth and for swimmers too.

SeeDemTails

Right now I have about 35 lbs of rock in it right now ,all the rock is from sealifeinc.net, and after I finish moving it, I will be adding an additional 25lbs I have in another tank right now.

I will be posting pics of the tank move next week.

Wait till you all see where the tank is going to be in the new house. No one will have a tank in this location that is this size!

SeeDemTails

Yeah, it only takes about a month. Best rock I have ever seen.

I havent taken many pics of the tank as I am getting ready to move, but here are a few I posted in other threads, in case any didnt see them there.

IMG_5525.jpg

Here is a little progression pic from my red monti cap over the past three and a half months.

11/17/07

IMG_5418_1_.jpg

3/4/08

IMG_5544_1_.jpg

Idaho Grape

IMG_5528.jpg

Hulk macro shot

IMG_5082.JPG

Oceanic 30g

pretty nice stuff. I have a pretty good place up here That Pet Place. HUGE. Lots of rock and fish. I have never seen drygoods like they have. It is about a 30 minute drive for me

SeeDemTails

Well, the tank will never be the same after this weekend, but hopefully in a good way!

Most of our stuff is moved to the new house, of course the tank will be the last thing. I dont want to spend one night away from it lol!

Here are a few pics from this past week, probably the last before the move pictures will be taken.

My pics have been slacking lately, here is a much better pic of the monti cap than the last ones.

DSC000731.jpg

New zoa frag I got off a wild colony that just came in. One of the brightest green zoas I have ever seen! Already has a new bud as well!

DSC000691.jpg

Some wild pinks I just got as well. I think these have potential.

DSC000701.jpg

Top down of what my zoa colonies look like now, things will be different after the move!

DSC00090.jpg

Stay tuned for pics of the tank move soon!

I agree that sealifeinc.com has some of the best live rock I have ever seen. Really quality stuff for great prices.

Christel, I'd love to get a frag of that Hulk from you sometime down the road.

I hope the move goes really well for you.

SeeDemTails
Christel, I'd love to get a frag of that Hulk from you sometime down the road.

Your in luck, I just made a frag that needs to grow a little, you know how challenging encrusters are to frag, but I assume you want me to put your name on it!?

Ken is a great guy, I have been trying to get my LFS to order some of his rock for a while, they dont order much rock because of hjow crappy it is and never sells. I told them they need to get some of his stuff, it would sell ASAP!

have to love sealifeinc!!! Haven't gotten rock but he has shipped me some amazing ricordea and other goodies. I am guessing you guys can get local pick up? Must be nice.

Your in luck, I just made a frag that needs to grow a little, you know how challenging encrusters are to frag, but I assume you want me to put your name on it!?

th_MineMineMine.jpg

Archived