inTank Media Baskets

SeeDemTails 37 gal Mantle SPS and Zoa Reef

SeeDemTails

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked up a couple new things yesterday.

The long awaited crocea clam and a nice blue millepora!

The blue mille....

IMG_9437.JPG

The 2 1/4" crocea....

IMG_9447.JPG

I also wanted to post a pic of the tang now. He was in typical LFS condition when I got him, showing bones and raggety fins. He has fattend up quite a bit and looks really good!

IMG_9469.JPG

Here is a pic of the big monti cap I decided to snap today, check out the growth difference from the last pic!

12/11/07:

IMG_0518.JPG

01/26/08:

IMG_9458.JPG

And here is the FTS from the other side of the tank.

IMG_9443.JPG

those look like b/w ocellaris

EDIT: i should have paid more attending in spelling class...

EDIT: your tank is gorgeous. have you considered building up the right side (in the above pic) more? i think it would create an awesome "cavern-like" opening

EDIT: your tank is gorgeous. have you considered building up the right side (in the above pic) more? i think it would create an awesome "cavern-like" opening

I have thought about it a lot recently. I have 20 lbs of cured LR that is really nice just chilling, the same calibur as the rest of the stuff in the tank. I just cringe at the thought of adding a bunch or rock to the tank and re-doing the aquascape. I dont want to mess the tank up, but I would like to have more rock. I think I am going to start adding it slowly.

mmm.... i want your clam... your crocea one that is :naughtydance:

Edit: all your stuff looks amazing! those blue zoas are really nice looking... you plan on fragging them at all?

:o I want these. PM me

IMG_9400.JPG

Those are nice huh?!

This is what the colony used to look like before my bout with zoa pox and pre metal halide(you can see the color difference!). -_-

Another strain that I brought back from just a couple polyps. They are growing really good now, so it wont be long.

IMG_4249.JPG

The girl in the pic is hot too! :wub:

Jeezzzz! The girl in the pic is me! :blush::lol:

On a sad note, the Jawfish disappeared last night. I am pretty sure he jumped and the cat ate him, as I cant find any traces. What a shame, he was doing so well too. This is the first fish I have lost in over 5 years.

Jeezzzz! The girl in the pic is me! :blush::lol:

On a sad note, the Jawfish disappeared last night. I am pretty sure he jumped and the cat ate him, as I cant find any traces. What a shame, he was doing so well too. This is the first fish I have lost in over 5 years.

I was pretty sure of that.... :flower:

Easy fellas, do you guys really think a girl like me isn't already taken? :P;)

But I appreciate the compliments, as do all ladies! :blush:

Yeah, the powerheads do most of the work, along with the Aquac Remora skimmer. That skimmer does a great job on this tank.

No sumps, no fuge.

Although I have had something terrible happen to my tank......

Have you ever been so upset about something happening in your tank that you cried? I balled my eyes out yesterday!

My M*^&$% F^%&*#$% clown fish finally did it. They wouldnt stop digging around the brain, they dropped it a good 2 inches, and in doing so, they undermined my 2 year old rockwork on the SPS side. It basically feel over on the right side, and when I tried to stand it up, it collapsed. Thankfully, no corals were lost, and only 2 sps got slightly broken, nothing more than a tiny piece off each.

I tried for over an hour(freaking out the whole time, corals sitting dry on the counter for 10 minutes just so they didnt get smashed) to get my rockwork the way I had it before, but it wasnt happening. I was much easier to get it that way when it wasnt covered in fragile SPS colonies. :scarry:

So we have been planning on moving, but putting it off becuase of the tank, but now that most of the rock work is compromised on my favorite part of the tank, I am just gonna pull the trigger and move now. Im not sure how we are gonna move the tank, but I only have to take it 10 miles. I am gonna drain the tank into containers, lay the large rocks down in the tank and take out what rock and coral I can. The rest will be "dry" during the trip, but I am gonna take a spray bottle and fill it with tank water, and while my husband drives, I will be spraying the rock and corals every few seconds to keep everything wet. I think the coral will be fine, it will obly be exposed for 20-30 minutes tops, but I will be keeping it wet the whole time. Then when we get there, I will refill the tank and put the other fish and corals back in.

Sounds like a plan?

I now have two small frags of the neon orange monti digitata and the orange capricornis if anyone wants to trade anything(zoas or other montis only). The orange cap isnt anything special, but the neon orange digi is sick looking!

Yeah, the powerheads do most of the work, along with the Aquac Remora skimmer. That skimmer does a great job on this tank.

No sumps, no fuge.

Although I have had something terrible happen to my tank......

Have you ever been so upset about something happening in your tank that you cried? I balled my eyes out yesterday!

My M*^&$% F^%&*#$% clown fish finally did it. They wouldnt stop digging around the brain, they dropped it a good 2 inches, and in doing so, they undermined my 2 year old rockwork on the SPS side. It basically feel over on the right side, and when I tried to stand it up, it collapsed. Thankfully, no corals were lost, and only 2 sps got slightly broken, nothing more than a tiny piece off each.

I tried for over an hour(freaking out the whole time, corals sitting dry on the counter for 10 minutes just so they didnt get smashed) to get my rockwork the way I had it before, but it wasnt happening. I was much easier to get it that way when it wasnt covered in fragile SPS colonies. :scarry:

So we have been planning on moving, but putting it off becuase of the tank, but now that most of the rock work is compromised on my favorite part of the tank, I am just gonna pull the trigger and move now. Im not sure how we are gonna move the tank, but I only have to take it 10 miles. I am gonna drain the tank into containers, lay the large rocks down in the tank and take out what rock and coral I can. The rest will be "dry" during the trip, but I am gonna take a spray bottle and fill it with tank water, and while my husband drives, I will be spraying the rock and corals every few seconds to keep everything wet. I think the coral will be fine, it will obly be exposed for 20-30 minutes tops, but I will be keeping it wet the whole time. Then when we get there, I will refill the tank and put the other fish and corals back in.

Sounds like a plan?

I now have two small frags of the neon orange monti digitata and the orange capricornis if anyone wants to trade anything(zoas or other montis only). The orange cap isnt anything special, but the neon orange digi is sick looking!

I'm fearing a similar situation. My wife wants to move in about 6 months and I really really am not looking forward to trying to move my tank. My LFS moves tanks for $75 per hour w/ a 4 hour min. So it will cost me atleast $300 to have it moved. I think I'm just going to shell out the cash rather than try to do it myself and screw everything up.

Bummer about your carpet surfing fish.

The corals are all fine, polyp extension is good. I would normally just leave them in the tank, but I am out of room to put stuff and I didnt want to set anything on the softie side of the reef and mess anything up over there, as it is fine.

I left all the corals in the tank except those attached to hug peice of LR and the big monti cap, I just didnt have any aquarium ready containers big enough to keep it in, as it is almost a foot across and 4 inches tall.

Glenn, my LFS moves tank too, but do you really trust them? I dont know about you but the only other person I want touching my tank is my hubby, and thats because I know he will be careful and knows what he is doing! Moving tanks is a PITA, but I have done it before and it is possible, obviously its more difficult the larger the tank.

Yeah, I am sad about the jawfish. I knew they were jumpers, and my tank is topless, but I had hoped that because of the depth of the tank that he wouldnt venture near the surface. I havent lost a fish in forever, and what upsets me is I will never really know what happend to him, but I have my ideas.

I am sorry to hear about your difficulties and hope that when you get everything set up again it ends up looking even nicer than the original version.

eek, yeah moving is a PITA> :( Good luck Christele. I honestly don't know if 30 mins of dry time would ruin or kill anything. Zoas and hardy things might survive, but SPS I don't think would...

Archived