Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

*** ReefScavengers.com ***

Christopher Marks

I'll be the first to drop an A bomb.

I did an order with ReefScavengers. I'm quite pleased with my order. Unfortunately, I did have 2 DOA's. However, as was demonstrated by ReefScavengers, any etailer worth their salt would quickly work to resolve the problem. ReefScavengers went above and beyond in dealing with the situation.

So, in conclusion, I'd give ReefScavengers an A+ for every aspect of my dealings with them. From beginning to end, a great etailer to do business with.

BTW, I now have the coolest crabs available anywhere. All thanks to ReefScavengers!

I agree, awesome stuff. They are an EXTREMELY fast shipper. I only have one big complaint... get more of the cool stuff like the Pedersons and Nano-sized star fish! :) :) :)

EL CHUPACABRA

I also have to give them BIG UPS. I placed an order and received it promptly w/ no DOAs. Everything was well packed and extremely cheap. They also have live arrival guaranteed priority mail shipment which I went with, everything arrived in tip top shape and I saved a bundle. Some of the coolest inverts on the web and super cheap also. GREAT guys to deal with. Will def buy from again, Highly recommended.Oh yeah I bought on polyp of the $.50 cent frag special and they sent me exactly 50 polyps, bad ass!!!

• 1 month later...

A+! Just got 4 kinds o snails, porcelain crabs, lettuce nudis and a blue legged pistol, all are doing great!

Thanks reefScavengers!

I just received an Oak Stand for my 12g Aquapod from ReefScavengers! It is a magnificent piece of furniture and the craftsmenship is top notch.

It took awhile to get because the manufacturer was backed up with orders - but it is well worth the wait! It totally blows away the stock nano stands!

ReefScavengers was VERY responsive in all communications.

I highly recommend both the oak stand and ReefScavengers!!! :D

Thanks ReefScavengers!!!

--jb

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I received my order 12/28, everything was well packed, except the conchs' bag must've sprung a leak as he was all out of water when I opened it. But as of today, the conch is still alive so I guess he was packed well enough to survive.

RS shipped quickly, which is always nice!

Thanks again!

• 2 months later...

ReefScavengers is great, but even the best laid plans.......... Check this UPS tracking report

Package Progress

Location Date Local Time Description

JACKSONVILLE, FL, US 03/13/2008 11:00 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

JACKSONVILLE, FL, US 03/12/2008 11:41 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

MELBOURNE, FL, US 03/12/2008 7:40 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

03/12/2008 6:58 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

03/12/2008 6:09 P.M. PICKUP SCAN

US 03/12/2008 2:45 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 03/14/2008 8:36 A.M. ET

Thanks for the Great shipping UPS. 23 hours just sitting in Jacksonville. This happened last time too, but thanks to ReefScavengers great packing, everything arrived alive. I'm hoping the same thing happens again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
monkeytrumpets

I just got my second order from Reefscavengers. Unfortunately, the USPS lost the package for 24 hours, but thanks to great packing, only two snails were DOA. I was promptly credited for the loss, and all the emails they sent were extremely pleasant and helpful. The florida rics they sent were amazing! I will definitely be ordering from them again soon.

• 3 months later...

I have placed several orders with reefscavengers.com this year with good results. Livestock was well shipped and healthy and communication with the company was excellent.

Last month my experience with them changed completely. I placed an order and paid for several items. One of the items was sold out, and I received an email that I would have a credit.

I have tried to use the credit without any luck . They will not answer my emails over the past month, and have $16.99 of my money.

The company has no phone number, they won't return my email, and I am very frustrated.

I would not recommend purchasing from them until they resolve these current issues

• 1 year later...

Has anyone in the recent past had any experience with ReefScavengers? I have ordered about 250 worth of inverts and fish, so just curious if the delay in shipping is still standard?

Thanks!

~Wm

Has anyone in the recent past had any experience with ReefScavengers? I have ordered about 250 worth of inverts and fish, so just curious if the delay in shipping is still standard?

Thanks!

~Wm

My guess would be weather.

I give them a C. I forgot to give them a review when I ordered stuff about a year ago. My snails all got to my house fine but my scarlet hermits and one of my peppermint shrimp were DOA. It was very difficuly after that.

They first offered to re-ship which I said would be great, thanks very much, etc. Then they couldn't ship 'cause the Pep's weren't in stock but they would ship when they were. I said that works, I'll just wait then. After not receiving any reply after that for about a month I asked for what the deal was, I got some bs response, so I asked for my money back. After a couple more emails over the course of a couple weeks I finally got my money back...

Needless to say hope for no DOA's. Its a pain doing anything about it with them.

masterbuilder

Thanks!

~Wm

uh oh

uh oh

I'm not worried yet. I ordered last Friday and no shipping yet, but we have been getting pretty good ice and snow. Just curious what their present modus operandi is like.

~Wm

Ok. Now I am starting to get frusterated. I placed my order with reefscavengers on the 22nd and now it is the 6th, 15 days later. The website claims a 2-7 business day processing period for orders, which we are well outside of now. Overnight shipping is still being used due to the fish, a policy I fully understand and agree with, but the irony of the requirement does not escape me.

All communication has been initiated by me and no reassurances have been provided me at this point. I am still giving the company benefit of the doubt for service, but thusfar I am FAR from supportive of this company. Caveat emptor!

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SUPPLIER!!!!

Horrible communication, incomplete orders, they: don't listen to instructions, don't insulate boxes with nearly $300 worth of livestock, don't ship when they say they will, give bad excuses when explaining shipping problems, charge overnight shipping for livestock and don't even put those items in the order.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SUPPLIER!!!!

I am getting my money back either from them or the credit card company since they do not respond to e-mails.

They took two weeks to ship an overnighted order when I needed it overnighted. I instructed them since it took so long, but was soon to go out, ship it no earlier than Thursday. They shipped it Tuesday... No insulation and cool temperatures, barely anything survived. I ordered two fish, an eel, and about 200 inverts. Got a bunch of dead inverts, a rotting eel, and no fish. No e-mail reply regarding the shipping problem when their website says all e-mails will be replied to within 24 hours. Also the website says packages will be in styrofoam lined boxes.

Just go somewhere else. When they remove their craniums from their rectums, maybe they can work REALLY hard and regain their reputations. I do not see that happening for a long time though.

~William

I placed my order on 1/25 and after waiting the "2-7" business day with no reply, I sent then am e-mail. they replied that due to Haiti disastor they are back logged. I waited for another 10 day and the order finally showed up on 2/10 with ALL livestock D.O.A. including a shrimp, 5 crabs and a sea hare. for shipping across the united states, it was packed in small box with NO insulation and a tiny heat pack. no wonder everything was dead.

I contacted them and followed their direction. After several e-mail as how I should proceed, I did not get any reply. I initiated a dispute through paypal and they finally refunded the cost of animals, but not the almost $40 they charged for shipping, which they required!

if these people have issued due to situation in Haiti, then they should simply say so and do not waste people's time.

I do not recommend this company. there are plenty of other solid supplier on line to have to put up with suck crappy service. I should have known better to order from a company that does not put a phone number on their site.

masterbuilder

ReefScavengers has been discussed here so many times before a simple search would have saved you.

Not calling anyone stupid ...many of us have been burned to some extent by the few crappy online vendors out there. Thats why before buying anything from any company/person that you are not 100% sure has a great reputation, check them out here by a search or posting a question.

• 8 months later...

I wish we would have seen this before we tried ordering from them.

A month after we placed our order we still have not received it. We put a complaint into the BBB only to find out they have many against them. We received an email saying our order was shipped, but they never shipped it. We've asked daily now for a refund and they won't refund our money. We put a complaint into our CC to see if we can get our money refunded.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH REEFSCAVENGERS, THEY'RE HORRIBLE.

• 2 months later...

Archived