inTank Media Baskets

THE ULTIMATE ID THREAD! Before you post WHATS THIS? LOOK HERE!

Helfrichs Chick

Deleted User 4

What is this? Saw it this morning and it's still there on my brain coral....Reminds me of a flatworm but this one is round...and clear white outer rim with white unclear body.

IMG_1245.jpg

Please let me know, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
lakshwadeep

It's a nudibranch, but the picture exposure makes it hard to tell the colors or even shape. How long have you had it? Did you recently get some corals?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had a good look but can't figure out what this is. I'm thinking a bumble bee snail however it has 2 probles out the front of the shell and as far as I can find the bumble bee snails only have 1?

Any ideas guys?

377063_10150433991207883_542672882_8712279_505313087_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

Rubbish photo I know, but its the best I can manage to get.

I came home to find a bunch of these tiny white things growing on my rock that look like little flowers. I am talking about the 2 things right in the middle of the photo.

Any idea what they are?

409261_10150502366877883_542672882_8998790_352975347_n.jpg

Edited by danestead
Rubbish photo I know, but its the best I can manage to get.

I came home to find a bunch of these tiny white things growing on my rock that look like little flowers. I am talking about the 2 things right in the middle of the photo.

Any idea what they are?

409261_10150502366877883_542672882_8998790_352975347_n.jpg

yeah that is a crap photo, but they look to me like clove polyps, do they stick up from the rock at all or are they flat to it? :huh: EDIT: also do they move in any way?

Edited by Fearlessmoto
I've had a good look but can't figure out what this is. I'm thinking a bumble bee snail however it has 2 probles out the front of the shell and as far as I can find the bumble bee snails only have 1?

Any ideas guys?

377063_10150433991207883_542672882_8712279_505313087_n.jpg

looks like a sponge

looks like a sponge

you are talking about the little yellow and black thing in the middle of the photo and not the big sponge in the upper right, correct?

not really sure, olive snail sounded closer to the mark than a bumblebee snail.

With reference to the flower looking things, yes they stick up from the rock but don't move much, maybe just a little swaying in the water flow.

With reference to the other photo, I'm talking about the little snail.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I have a creature and I was wondering if anyone more experienced could identify it. It is really small right now like the size of a pencil eraser and looks like a mini anemone, it is light blue with somewhat orange tipped tentacles

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't know what the Stomatellas was before looking here, but I already knew it as a harmless algae eater and I wanted more of them. The first hitchhiked and the other 2 I bought. They were just given the standard snail price in one store and the misc price in another. The second store even sold me micro brittle stars also under misc and the first store had earlier sold me a really big gray banded micro brittle caught in the refugium (he's since multiplied).

I love the little things that keep the tank so healthy! My sand is filled with tiny white micro brittle stars! First tank and I used to overfeed the CUC so it was heaven for all the tiny crawly things. :happy:

• 2 months later...

Cladonema sp?

IMG_20120505_195146.jpg

kinda looks like an asterisk and there are others but they seem to be moving slowly

in a way they make me think of the scrubbing bubbles cleaning commercials

this is the best i could do to draw it... no its not a Pokemon.... lol :)

Untitledaquariumthing.jpg

just found this pic online... looks exactly like what i have going on

cladonema.jpg

doppelganger

wow that is a pretty good site. Thanks for sharing. Tho I dunno if I'd consider vermetid worms a score... I hate them so much!

• 1 month later...

All,

This is my first post. I just got some uncured live rock and I see this sponge like thing growing on it. I wasnt sure if would survive or was good so i left it on. The tank is new and is basically done cycling after about 2.5 weeks. Can someone help me identify this thing and if I should scrape it off or leave it.

FYI. The part at the top right was broken off a bit because i poked at it with the net and wanted to see if it came off. It took some prying to get part of it off so i think it might still be alive.

Please help me identify this critter.

Thanks so much for this thread and any help.

post-75012-1339986805_thumb.jpg

I think it might be a sponge .... Not really sure. Hope to get some other opinions. Also ... Should I take it out or leave it in there?

Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I was wondering what was happening to my precious little Stomatellas. Great grazers, I buy them when I spot them in dealer's tanks. They were disappearing. Then I found Wasabi the boxer crab carrying one around. My Boxer Crabs Are Eating Them!! :( Guess I won't be buying anymore cap snails...