Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

THE ULTIMATE ID THREAD! Before you post WHATS THIS? LOOK HERE!

Helfrichs Chick

• 2 weeks later...

It's Everywhere! This alga came in with my live rock, and I believe I have ID'd it before, but I can't remember what it was (senior moment). Unfortunately, none of the macro algae ID links are working, so I needed to post this. Anybody know: A) what it is, and B)post-86487-0-28479900-1417279522_thumb.jpgpost-86487-0-35897300-1417279435_thumb.jpg what eats it? I have plucked and pulled, reduced the light cycle, applied PhosGuard, and plucked and pulled some more, and this stuff won't die. HELP!post-86487-0-24592100-1417285931_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's Everywhere! This alga came in with my live rock, and I believe I have ID'd it before, but I can't remember what it was (senior moment). Unfortunately, none of the macro algae ID links are working, so I needed to post this. Anybody know: A) what it is, and B)attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg what eats it? I have plucked and pulled, reduced the light cycle, applied PhosGuard, and plucked and pulled some more, and this stuff won't die. HELP!attachicon.gifIMG_1670.JPG

Looks like C. Taxifolia. Someone will buy it from you I'm sure.

• 2 weeks later...
scottsdale454ss

Help!

Ok, guys, yesterday got my CUC from ReefCleaners.org, and I just came home from a cub scouts overnighter with my son to a cloud of these things floating in my tank. Are these eggs of some sort?:

eolith-2014-02-01-01.jpg

eolith-2014-02-01-02.jpg

Looks pretty awesome. Ever find out what they are?

That's correct. I did eventually see a couple of the mature Medusa structures stuck to the rocks in a couple places.=. I believe that starting the pump filtered out the majority of them.

• Like 1
What the heck are these? They sprouted up about a year ago and I've off-and-on been trying to figure out what they are. They are very bright green - like neon - with a vibrant white "flakey" shell that sometimes breaks off when I scrape the glass with the magfloat (from the flow/vibration). They started out very tiny, and are now about 2 1/2 inches tall. I've touched them now and then when I need to get my hands in there and they are kinda slimy feeling and flexible, not hard at all. They havent't bothered anything so I kept them. Oh, and I know I have flatworms, I'm infested and slowly syphoning them out. Thanks for any suggestions! :)

attachicon.gifhttp://www.nano-reef.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=57168'>Thing_1.jpgattachicon.gifhttp://www.nano-reef.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=57169'>Thing_2.jpg

Thanks,

Polly

Has anyone answered you as to what these cool hitchikers are if so please let me know I love the look of them

• 3 weeks later...

Clove polyps.. soft coral that spreads quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Well if this is potentially an issue as some hydroids are considered difficult to eliminate, are they bothering corals, also are they growing in new places or just opening up?

• 1 month later...

OK, I can't find this one. Any ideas?

0xKFQLa.jpg

LP8HnFS.jpg

EDIT: I should say I recognize it's a nudibranch, but I've never seen one so... plain.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...