SaltCritters.com

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

beautiful tank Stevie. Awesome pictures. I know I've peeked in at your tank before, but I just looked through the whole thread this time. Very nice !!!!

Thanks for looking! I try to keep it interesting with pictures, words are no fun :D

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It just keeps lookin better and better! I love this tank!

Thank you ! B) I am waiting on a few new corals. Updates to come.

lilredneckman

Cant wait to see the new corals. I have a question though...

I was wondering about when you cut the holes in the skimmer and you put that tube in there does that tube cuk up water at all? Also i have been running my skimmer for two days and it has not taken anything out yet. Just not enough bio load?

No, it doesn't suck up any water, that would be bad. The tube is only in the hole about 1/2" and my skimmer cup doesn't fill up with water, but green goo.

Probably not enough bio load yet. Let the skimmer break in before you expect anything to collect, it may take up to two week for it to "break in". My cup doens't collect very much anyways, yet the tube and inner collum collects very think green paste.

lilredneckman

Ok thanks. I thought that it said it was not supposed to suck in water but for some reason it looked like yours did.

Already this morning there is not near as many micro bubbles from the skimmer.

lilredneckman

Well i just cut the holes and stuck that tube in there a little and the noise in like gone! But the only problem i had is that the back part of the hood will not close all the way now.

Well i just cut the holes and stuck that tube in there a little and the noise in like gone! But the only problem i had is that the back part of the hood will not close all the way now.

Adjust the hose so it will close. You can either shove some of it down into the cord chamber or cut it. Mine closes fine.

don't be a little girl about it and make it work !! B)B)

I know what you are talking about. The first time I set it it up the lid didn't close either. I just shoved it down enough and it adjusted the hose for me. Now the hose is formed enought that is closes.

I am shocked at how much it cuts down the sucking sounds.

lilredneckman

Yeah its amazing on how quiet it is now. Now i can sleep at night!! (its right next to my bed)

I just took some duct tape and taped the hose down so it would close and now it does!

C-Balance from dr. fosters.

hold off on dosing till you stock full on corals. My calc. drops after 3-4 days so I need to dose.

4 gallons of RO water, 2 1/2 cups of salt every week = 1.025 salinity and the perfect amount of calcium after a WC. It's nice when you nail it down to a science, i still check with the refractor to make sure i'm on with the salt, but it has never been off yet.

Red Sea coral pro. Same stuff that came with the starter kit (which was a waste of $$ !)

I have gone through that small bucket and now onto my 5 gallon bucket.

I have done 15 water changes since the tank has been set up. I record every on on the software program.

Set up August 21st, first fresh water change was September 11th. I was using old water from my other tank to get this one set up, stabilized the water quick.

DESERTHEATRACING

Veyr nice... but very pricey. I think my 90G oceanic tech build has come out cheaper :-P "bought the tank & stand used in mint condition for $450 *LOL* "

Good work on keeping records of everything. Impressive!

Thank you. The tank is a bit expensive out of the box but there are no mods to be done. The only thing I have put in the tank is an extra powerhead and an ATO system. Sounds like you got a great deal on the 90 gallon.

DESERTHEATRACING
Thank you. The tank is a bit expensive out of the box but there are no mods to be done. The only thing I have put in the tank is an extra powerhead and an ATO system. Sounds like you got a great deal on the 90 gallon.

Understood, my 18T viaaqua 680 / my setup was all purchased new so I feel your pain. Was very pricey, but I think in equipment I came out to a grand running all seperates with a CPR overflow and 10G sump. Would have been nice to have it all in one!!!!

this is an expensive hobby! I have about $2100 total, fish corals equipment... but a lot of corals came over from my old tank.

lilredneckman
this is an expensive hobby! I have about $2100 total, fish corals equipment... but a lot of corals came over from my old tank.

EEK THATS ALOT OF MONEY!

you're telling me! Some of it is spread over a year and a half. A lot has come from this RSM, say $1500 of it on the tank and new additions...... I suppose it's better than wasting it on crack.

mmmmmmmmm crack

Archived