ReefCleaners.org

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dang Stevie, nice build thread man. You even have an index and everything. ;) I think you just convinced me to go RSM.

Do et!

Dang Stevie, nice build thread man. You even have an index and everything. ;) I think you just convinced me to go RSM.

do it man he convinced me! sitting next to mine as we speek picking the small little peces of sand out of my mag float its startin to scrach my tank! err

My Darwin clown. She is on every one of my products. I had so much trouble with clowns for a long time before I got her. She has lasted over a year now. Next to that, possibly the mandarin now since she knows the routine of frozen feeding.

I mean I love everything equally and don't pick favorites :lol:

Would you believe my 2 clowns have raised 5 batches of eggs since Thanksgiving! Where the fry go I have no idea, but they probably end up as coral food.

Keep up the love tank ReefMackdaddy. That is impressive

Birth control may be in order ;) My Mandarin would probably be all over those fry.

Hey there Stevie finally got the media rack set up Have to say i love it but i have one question. First ill give details i set up my media like this bottom-chemi pure the middle hase the purigen and top i have some floss i belive thats how you said you did it anyways after settin it up i lost 2 $100 dollar corals within one day can you say OUCH is there anyway that the purigen might to much since this is the only thing thats new besides the rack that ive added to the tank? Ouch got home tonite and my clam is shut now i really need help.

thanx bud

Drew

Hey there Stevie finally got the media rack set up Have to say i love it but i have one question. First ill give details i set up my media like this bottom-chemi pure the middle hase the purigen and top i have some floss i belive thats how you said you did it anyways after settin it up i lost 2 $100 dollar corals within one day can you say OUCH is there anyway that the purigen might to much since this is the only thing thats new besides the rack that ive added to the tank? Ouch got home tonite and my clam is shut now i really need help.

thanx bud

Drew

Did you rinse all of the media before introducing into the water? Did you rise and clean the rack? Did you disrupt a lot of junk that was in your chamber from making this change? You should have taken the chance to clean out that chamber.

Sounds like you need a water change, something in the media or something you stirred up distrupted the system.

How are the cichlids enjoying all the new toys?

They came in FedEx yesterday. I didn't have time to install any of the new stuff last night and the driftwood is "curring" in a bucket. I am chaning the bucket water twice a day with a bag of Purigen. I need to remove most of the acid that is inside, plus it really would tint my tanks water brown if I put it in now.

steve,

dumb question but what kind of clam do you have? I know we've talked about it before but i'm way too busy to remember everything sometimes

thanks man

waiting is the worst part of this hobby :/

post some pics when you have everything in!

it is. But it is my freshwater tank that I never see excpt for when I get home at 10pm. If it were my saltwater, I would be all over the place trying to get it in sooner. I will post pics when I get it done, the purigen is really soaking up this brown acid junk.

nice sig!

Hey Stevie I'm new here and was wanting to know if the current usa sunpod will fit the rsm? and which one?

Yeah, I think is will. Smarsh has a thread talking about that. The RSM is 24" wide if that helps your decission. Personally I recommend the 24" outer orbit with the 4 T5 actinics.

steve,

dumb question but what kind of clam do you have? I know we've talked about it before but i'm way too busy to remember everything sometimes

thanks man

Crocea. haha I couldn't even remember exactly, had to look back. I really have never learned all the names of corals or even how to pronounce them in real life. :lol:

Never mind I found a guy on here that did it with a sunpod 150w m/h 24inch...

sweet!

stevie like the new sig but you gota get your clowin in there like in the drop of water or sumin its just not a "stevieT sig" with out your clown

Mandarin eating frozen video:

Clips put together of a few feedings of Rod's Food, she loves this stuff. Any time I go over to the fridge she gets all excited.

Great video bro!

Did you see the last comment some ass posted! omgomgomg

Hmm, I dunno David, with a SN like that....perhaps to them that was a compliment?? :huh:

:P

Nice vid Steve. B)

Archived