Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice vid!

I tried taking some underwater pics, but now my wife's DSLR won't work.

Maybe I should have posted a question in the lounge first....

Looks great! That GSP looks like it would make a great front lawn....

here fishy fishy

Stevie-

Love your video! Thank you so much for the very informative thread. I currently have my first reef tank, an eclipse 12 (sound familiar?). I started with it because I got a great deal on it and it was as much as I could afford. I've had to make lots of changes of course, but for now I have a healthy little reef.

I've been eye-balling the RSM's for awhile and hope that can be my future tank. I'm hoping to hear good things about the new 130d. I wanted to ask because I didn't see in your thread, have you upgraded your stock lighting? I was seeing the 130d's come with 2 50w PC's and was worried about that being sufficient. I have a 96w PC on my 12, although I suppose the depth of the RSM may only be a few inches more.

Also, what would you guess the cost of this tank might be monthly? Electric, water changes? Any guess there?

Thanks...

Kris

I just noticed the RO units on your website :ninja:

I don't have a website or RO units, that is for fancy people with blogs and stuff to sell

Nice track on the video Steve.........

was very popular in the clubs here...well still is really

Thanks, I love that song, I listened to it all summer

Nice! Your clam was a bit camera shy. I love your mandarin.

Thanks Scott.

Nice vid!

I tried taking some underwater pics, but now my wife's DSLR won't work.

Maybe I should have posted a question in the lounge first....

Looks great! That GSP looks like it would make a great front lawn....

:lol: you should have, it would have been answered by professionals in a serious and professional way.

That is sweet....Did you go out and buy an underwater camera for your tank or did you have one lying around somewhere?

No, I purchased it back in August so I could take underwater pictures in the Dominican. I have used it before that trip and afterwards to take under water pictures of my tank, and they turn out pretty well. I remembered taking vids of sharks and sting rays and how well they came out. For a first attempt in the RSM I think they trurned out pretty well.

Here is how my fish see me all day long:

IMG_8851.jpg

IMG_8852.jpg

Very cool, hows the mandarin doing?

She is doing well, still eating mysis every day. I have been experimenting with different feeding techniques.

I've been eye-balling the RSM's for awhile and hope that can be my future tank. I'm hoping to hear good things about the new 130d. I wanted to ask because I didn't see in your thread, have you upgraded your stock lighting? I was seeing the 130d's come with 2 50w PC's and was worried about that being sufficient. I have a 96w PC on my 12, although I suppose the depth of the RSM may only be a few inches more.

Also, what would you guess the cost of this tank might be monthly? Electric, water changes? Any guess there?

Thanks...

Kris

Kris-

I have the stock lighting, it is 2 55W T5 PC bulbs. Meaning that the tube size is T5 but the powersupply is used like PC plugs. They are brighter than PCs and you can keep SPS at the top. I believe the 130D has the same lighting.

I have no idea. I don't think it is very much, maybe $15-20. Since the tank is at my office I have no way of judging. I have never seen a power bill since they get sent to or corporate building, and even if I did, with having a 10,000 sq ft shop attached, it would be hard to do the math on the small little tank. Sorry.

You've lost some weight.

Thank you, I have been taking hydroxycut and xenadrine every hour for the past two months.

Here is how my fish see me all day long:

IMG_8851.jpg

You've lost some weight.

Thank you, I have been taking hydroxycut and xenadrine every hour for the past two months.

You might want to cut back a bit.

Although the screw-attachment on top of your head looks useful for camera attachment, I think you should put on some pants. You're scaring the ladies.

o rly?

do you think this is reefcentral or something? You can't talk about things for sale here or other websites, stay on topic :lol:

here fishy fishy

Thank you...My hope is that with the 130d I wouldn't have to update anything, it would be good to go, KWIM? Kinda "been there done that" big time with the eclipse. It would be awhile before I could drop that kinda money anyhow.

Wasn't thinking about you being in an office with the power question. This would be a big investment for me and I want to make sure it will be long-run feasible financially. Like to drop the $$ on coral, not electricity and updates. ;)

Kris

Kris-

I have the stock lighting, it is 2 55W T5 PC bulbs. Meaning that the tube size is T5 but the powersupply is used like PC plugs. They are brighter than PCs and you can keep SPS at the top. I believe the 130D has the same lighting.

I have no idea. I don't think it is very much, maybe $15-20. Since the tank is at my office I have no way of judging. I have never seen a power bill since they get sent to or corporate building, and even if I did, with having a 10,000 sq ft shop attached, it would be hard to do the math on the small little tank. Sorry.

Thank you...My hope is that with the 130d I wouldn't have to update anything, it would be good to go, KWIM? Kinda "been there done that" big time with the eclipse. It would be awhile before I could drop that kinda money anyhow.

Wasn't thinking about you being in an office with the power question. This would be a big investment for me and I want to make sure it will be long-run feasible financially. Like to drop the $$ on coral, not electricity and updates. ;)

Kris

I don't see the power ussage that much higher than your eclipse. You shouldn't have to do much to the 130D. The skimmer may still be ineffective but I would give it a chance, it seems as they improved it some. I do sell media baskets and skimmer cups to 130D owners, so that may mean something. But other than that, add a koralia #2 and maybe an ATO. Replace the heater with a stealth ($16). Thats about it, the stock lighting is very strong IMO

Whew!

Finally got caught up on this awesome thread.

Definitely a must read for anyone thinking about getting a Max IMO. Packed with info.

Great work StevieT !!

And Thanks again for your help, the input is very much appreciated.

Following along from here. :)

( BTW, still searching...... :ninja: )

--Richie

here fishy fishy

Thank you Steve!

I don't see the power ussage that much higher than your eclipse. You shouldn't have to do much to the 130D. The skimmer may still be ineffective but I would give it a chance, it seems as they improved it some. I do sell media baskets and skimmer cups to 130D owners, so that may mean something. But other than that, add a koralia #2 and maybe an ATO. Replace the heater with a stealth ($16). Thats about it, the stock lighting is very strong IMO
here fishy fishy
wow, nice tank, you will love the extra space. I really like that coralline you have growing.

Thanks...my coralline is HEALTHY. Which is good, I want that piece of holy rock to be covered with growth. I'm amazed at how that stuff spreads.

I'm itching for some extra space. There is so much I want to do in there! Right now I have to be content with being patient, and happy to have a stable tank, considering the Eclipse limitations. It helps that I have a great LFS. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for a used tank there. There carry only the highest quality stuff.

Archived