SaltCritters.com

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

Team Mandarin eating out of feeding tube.

Well mostly around it for now but it is a good step, she has been pounding food all day. Plus check out the crazy Mr. Evil crab that is still in my tank. He just man-handles a blue leg hermit.

I think the tube has to be shorter, luckily I have plenty of these materials around :)

I love that at 1:26 the crab runs in there and grabs all the shrimp and skedaddles.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've never signed up for RC, and now I'm sorta glad I haven't.

I think there is a big difference between spam attack ads and someone who has a peripheral product / service reference somewhere in their sig or avatar. As a matter of fact, I'd prefer to see someone have their affilliation clearly laid out - helps to know who you are dealing with, whether they have a personal stake on one hand, but also if they might know what they are talking about.

Methinks someone over at RC spent NYE alone this year....

The thing is I never tried to draw any attention by linking or advertising any of my products/services in my signature or information. I knew they were picky but for helping customers with their products, come on. Posting on support and thanking persons for their purchases. Members there would PM me information to buy, I never went out and did it the other way around.

Oh well, I really didn't do much business over there besides a few Solana cups so not a huge loss. It was just a pretty rude and not well thought out email. The other funny thing is that this Mark said I could change my AV, yet I can't access my profile to do anything.

I am sure he enjoyed his Saturday night :lol:

It was the av, most likely. :mellow:

oh, for sure. I knew what I was getting into when I changed to that. I just didn't think they would go so far.

Tank is looking great! Your coral growth with stock lights is a awesome. I just got a Tunze skimmer today and still deciding on how to set it up in the back chamber. I checked your thread on this too. I might just place the loose magnet inside the slot where the heater sits and run the cord towards the back of the tank. I'm also doing the 2 part for about 2 weeks now(1 cupful -3 times a week) and CA and ALK is pretty stable.

Tank is looking great! Your coral growth with stock lights is a awesome. I just got a Tunze skimmer today and still deciding on how to set it up in the back chamber. I checked your thread on this too. I might just place the loose magnet inside the slot where the heater sits and run the cord towards the back of the tank. I'm also doing the 2 part for about 2 weeks now(1 cupful -3 times a week) and CA and ALK is pretty stable.

I put the magnet inside the media rack (so 180 degrees from where you are thinking), but Stevie had recommended putting the magnet on the back glass (makes it easier to adjust up and down to get the water level tweaked). I can't access the back of mine (too close to the wall) but you might want to consider it.

I put the magnet inside the media rack (so 180 degrees from where you are thinking), but Stevie had recommended putting the magnet on the back glass (makes it easier to adjust up and down to get the water level tweaked). I can't access the back of mine (too close to the wall) but you might want to consider it.

I just got done setting it up. It was pretty tight for the skimmer cup to fit back there...hehe...but it did. I also used the media rack for the magnet :) . I kept my chaeto too. Now the waiting period before the skimmer starts working. Here are some pics of my back chambers:

010620091377.jpg

010620091378.jpg

010620091380.jpg

010620091381.jpg

010620091383.jpg

010620091384.jpg

Thanks for the info mrnugget :) .

nanoreefnate
So I get this email last night when I was at a customer's Christmas party. Apparently this Mark guy had nothing to do on his Saturday night but do a post history and pick out the few posts of mine that were helping customers of my products. They also went through all my PMs even though I delete them, and found people asking me info on the products and how to buy. They were asking me, not the other way around.

We all know it, they suck, but it finally hit home how much they try to dominate everything you do. I did bring this up on myself, I am sure they didn't like this for an AV :lol:

StevieTJPEG.jpg

I don't konw if a response is wise, but I have a few strategic things I would like to say, one being I will never sponsor on their site after receiving that junk. This does make me appreciate this site even more and the work of CM to keep it open and free to share information.

WOW thats sooo...so...BADDDD ( :P srry couldnt think of a word..) anyways...why would they do that???

i must say RC is getting pretty bad... the last post i had over there ( ive had 5 overall post there) i was defending my LFS from a bunch of jerks that didnt like the coral they got shipped to them...RC suxxxxx...NR rulzzzzz GO TEAM NR!!! :D

Just finished ploughing through the entirety of this GREAT thread. Really interesting and some cool images. With regards to the difference between the 130 & 130D there's actually quite a few, including but not limited to: Double the led's, full opening hood, new adjustable protein skimmer, water level filter viewing window, new adjustable surface skimmer/overflow box, accessory kit for hoses, improved reflectors.

The posts and mods show the variety of ways people run their RSM's. Personally I run mine completely as standard with the exception of using the M130D surface skimmer (which easily retrofits to the original M130 I have). We keep an eye on the forums as there's a lot we can learn from your experiences, and the M250 is the result of a lot of consumer feedback, so we will keep watching with interest and we wish you all every success in this great hobby. If any of you have any questions or issues relating to Red Sea (inc MAX of course) then please feel free to PM me and I'll try to help. Happy reefkeeping.

Thanks for the images Mavjoy, it is interesting to see chaeto on the left side of the skimmer. I take that is working well for you, not cloging up any pumps?

Just finished ploughing through the entirety of this GREAT thread. Really interesting and some cool images. With regards to the difference between the 130 & 130D there's actually quite a few, including but not limited to: Double the led's, full opening hood, new adjustable protein skimmer, water level filter viewing window, new adjustable surface skimmer/overflow box, accessory kit for hoses, improved reflectors.

The posts and mods show the variety of ways people run their RSM's. Personally I run mine completely as standard with the exception of using the M130D surface skimmer (which easily retrofits to the original M130 I have). We keep an eye on the forums as there's a lot we can learn from your experiences, and the M250 is the result of a lot of consumer feedback, so we will keep watching with interest and we wish you all every success in this great hobby. If any of you have any questions or issues relating to Red Sea (inc MAX of course) then please feel free to PM me and I'll try to help. Happy reefkeeping.

Thank you. You don't have to sell the 130D to me but I am sure others will enjoy to read the differences. I would love to see this tank in person, but with its new arrival no LFS in my area has one in-stock. We went over the differences a while back when the spec sheet was released out of Europe, but were holding final "judgment" until one was seen in person.

It is nice that Red Sea listens to feedback from owners, but I am not sure you improved the skimmer on the new 130D. Possibly just the new owners not letting it break in or adjusting it correctly, possibly it is ineffective again? The main feedback is coming out of Europe, mainly France. I can guess that RS really wishes they could take back that first skimmer and redesign it from the start. Either way we are excited for the new 130D and it's improvements.

I love my tank, I never knew how much I could enjoy a hobby until I purchased it. Before that I was frustrated and almost ready to quit. But the RSM got me back in the "game" and well almost 80 pages later it is still developing.

One question if you do check back: why double the amount of LEDs? Did you receive feedback that customers wanted more light at night? Personally, I feel the LED light in the max is just fine, any more may be to bright for the fish/corals, yet as a human I like complete darkness when I sleep

:D

How's the mandarin doing? :flower:

Alright. She needs to eat more. Not touching the pellets, eating the mysis so that is good but I would like her to eat more than a few bites at a time.

Stevie T..

I'm seriously having a hard time understanding why RC would go that direction.

I only stopped by there once but felt more at home here. oh well.

Tell me you are done with it?

silly....

Stevie T..

I'm seriously having a hard time understanding why RC would go that direction.

I only stopped by there once but felt more at home here. oh well.

Tell me you are done with it?

silly....

yeah, I have been over it all week. They didn't like the avatar, that set them off, then appreantly this Mark did an entire history on my account, which I don't use but a few times a month. Apparently my posts were fine for months after they were made.....but somehow magically slipped through the cracks! I do less "promoting" or sales help than anyone selling corals. Never entered the selling forums etc.

I have a much better time here anyway, people actually have a sense of humor about life.

K-back to work, so much to build. Whoops, is that selling talk? I hope I don't get "restricted"

More Mandarin pics Stevie... :happydance:

I will try again. It is actually kind of hard since she doesn't like the orange focus light. I have a bunch of timelapse of her eating.

Archived