inTank Media Baskets

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Few Updates:

Went to the LFS this weekend and found some nice corals. Got a pair of Black clowns cheep, good score here. More corals coming in FedEx tomorrow and UPS from awesome aquatics Thursday or Monday. Will post then.

Green Star polyp, large piece:

IMG_2107.jpg

Plate Coral, little closed up at the moment, crab was climbing on it:

IMG_2109.jpg

Fish:

IMG_2113.jpg

FTS:

IMG_2116.jpg

Thanks Joe. From AA I have coming in: (cut and paste descriptions)

NEON GREEN STAR POLYPS Live Coral SUPER RARE SHOWPIECE!

SHOCKINGLY ORANGE MONTIPORA CAPRICORNUS Live Coral Reef

CONFETTI ACANTHASTREA LORDHOWENSIS Live Coral Reef LPS

Looks like i'll have more green star polyp, oh well picked it up cheep

New Corals in from Sea Life Inc today, thanks Ken for another great purchase and great freebies !!!!!

Purple Sea Plume Gorgonia:

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg

Orange Spiny Sea Rod Gorgonia this one was free, larger in back of tank:

IMG_2138.jpg

New Ricordea, 2 purchased, 1 free! :

IMG_2136.jpg

Side view of Ricordea Island:

IMG_2149.jpg

Full Tank Shot:

IMG_2147.jpg

Bag with the live rock rubble out of there!!!! it became so clogged up with ditritus it was cutting down on flow and probably the cause of my high NO3.

If anyone else has doen this in their RSM, i would sudges the same, take it out!

Oh, more pics of course for my friends:

usethis.jpg

11223344.jpg

hey stevie, did you use your epoxy/glue method to attach your ricordeas as well?

the tank looks beautiful!

Yes, for most of them (95%).... Most came in from sea life inc and were attached to a small piece of rock. Those I glued right to the rock using my sandwich method. The ones that did not have any rock attached i rested them on my "ricordea island" in small holes with the pumps off and they attached right away. I guess I was lucky here becuase I hear others saying how hard they are to get attached.

are you having a problem? Glue will only work if they are attached to a rock, you can't glue these slimmy things

you just solved my question. i wasn't sure if i could use the glue and epoxy for my zoas bc some arent attached to rocks. and when i would place them on a rock, they'd flow somewhere else. however, i haven't tried it with my powerhead turned off.

thanks!

no problem!

I have used glue on zoa polyps with good success. As you said, you probably want to turn off the powerhead. I have stray zoa polyps at times that fall to the sand. I usually pick them up and glue them to a piece of rubble or on the live rock, never had an issue.

good luck

hey man- first let me say your tank looks INCREDIBLE!

on a practical note- if you havent done so move your plate coral onto the substrate, the LR cuts into their delicate skeleton. i have one and it is much happier and healthier on the sand.

Thanks!!!

Good advice, and yes I have moved it onto the sand, I read up after putting it in the tank and that is the best spot everyone says. You can see it by the frogspawn in a later FTS on page 3. Thanks.

How are the gorgs doing? Still getting good polyp extension? I only ask because I had a beautiful yellow polyped red stalked one that slowly died.

PICT0062.jpg

FAN INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Recent update:

New corals arrived from Awesome Aquatics, will have pictures after everything opens up real nice. We had a problem with an Acan, but like a champ AA refunded the cost and let me try it out anyways. I can't tell if it is going to survive, but the Monti Cap looks amazing and the GSP is yet to open.

Replacement fans arrived from Pinky over at RSM headquarters. Installed them today and what an improvement. My old ones junked out and started making a horrible constant noise. New fans are whisper quiet and run cooler.

IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

YAY!!! New Pics!! :happydance::happydance:

Your tank looks REALLY GREAT!! What was you hand feeding that fish?

Btw, I took the bio balls out today...oh my...I have only had my tank for 3 weeks but I had already forgotten what a HUGE, GIGANTIC PAIN IN THE %*$ THAT WAS!!!! I put the powerheads back in and then things started humming and so I had to put a little left over piece of black sponge between them, then I closed the lid and then my fan started humming and I thought I was never going to get it as quiet as it was....I still think I hear humming, but I think it's just me :wacko: I got the purigen put in and now I am set!

Thanks again for all your help and for the new pics...your just too good to me! :flower:

YAY!!! New Pics!! :happydance::happydance: Your tank looks REALLY GREAT!! What was you hand feeding that fish? Btw, I took the bio balls out today...oh my...I have only had my tank for 3 weeks but I had already forgotten what a HUGE, GIGANTIC PAIN IN THE %*$ THAT WAS!!!! I put the powerheads back in and then things started humming and so I had to put a little left over piece of black sponge between them, then I closed the lid and then my fan started humming and I thought I was never going to get it as quiet as it was....I still think I hear humming, but I think it's just me :wacko: I got the purigen put in and now I am set! Thanks again for all your help and for the new pics...your just too good to me! :flower:
I am glad you finally stopped humming, you wouldn't want the RSM to drive you to insanity!! I was feeding them flake food, which they rarely eat since i feed mostly frozen foods, but it was a good way to take a good top down picture.
damn.your watchman goby looks so daring-out in the open.
He if very social. I read that these usually hide and you will never see them. This guy does this all the time. His usual resting pearch is against the front glass. Is this not normal?!
Looks like the monti cap has grown already or am I just seeing things?
I think you are seeing things, I don't think it has grown anything that would be noticable on a picture. The edges are lighter in color, I am guessing this is new growth, lay off the crack ! haha B)

Yeah I put the pics side by side and you are correct sir. Not larger but definitely getting new growth around the edge, the white part.

I think you have mistaken the white powder around my nose as crack but really it is the reef crystals I was mixing for a water change last night. Darn powder flies everywhere!

That is my story and I'm sticking to it. :closedeyes:

Great looking tank!

I would watch that GSP ... it has a bad tendency to take over every square inch of rock :)

Did you lose the long tentacle plate? Didn't see it in the last pictures.

hahaha, i think the cops would believe it.

There is a nice white edge around the piece, glad to here confirmation that it is new growth. I would like to get a few more of these in different colors, they look amazing.

Archived