Thanks to everyone for the interest! I am glad that I am not the only one who's stoked for this tank. I am running off two hours of sleep after the longest day I've had in weeks. I was in neurobiology lab today and almost fell asleep on my brain slices. This might not be the most coherent entry ever...
Total aquarium volume in dorm room: 20g+30g+24g+40g=114g. That's too much, gona take down the Finnex ASAP. So last night I couldn't sleep and took the microbiology test on two hours of sleep after zero studying due to this new tank. I got get myself out of this hobby.
I have looped my nanocube fuge with the zeroedge. I left it on the drawers next to the tank since I could not fit it into the cabinet. I drilled a hole in the back of the acrylic cabinet to run the piping and wiring so that I could actually close the front doors of the stand. I still have not leveled the tank but the 2.5 sides that have even flow are crystal clear. The cloudiness is going down but the mag 18 still kicks up a sand storm.
I accidentally disconnected the end of a lokline tube connected to the mag 18 and had a 8 foot jet of water shoot across the room right onto my couch and a pile of textbooks. I quickly shut off the pump, replaced the extra tubing, and turned the pump back on.
...I connected to tubing to the wrong line and another 8 foot jet hit the same spot again. It's impressive how quickly this pump ejects water from the tank.
I added another 70 watt retrofit to the light stand as I don't see how I can set up my 5.5 at the moment (took the 70w from the hood of that tank). That brings the total up to 3x70w, 1x150 watt, and 1x96 watt t5 HO that will come off the Finnex. Needless to say the tank is well lit.
I turned on all the lights and realized that there was a lot of salt on the glass of the newest 70 watt. I got a wet piece of paper towel and gripped the lamp (it had only been on for a few seconds, not hot enough to turn off). A jolt of pain shot up my arm and my fingers locked around the light. Poor wire connecting. I got the shock of my life and the light actually went off as my hand was around it. I think I woke up half the hall with my yell. My hand was sweating and aching for more than an hour...next time I got to be more careful with my electrical work!
I threw a few rocks into the tank just to add something to it. I put one in with a few RPE polyps and they were opened within 5 mins. Looping the tank with the established fuge really helped. Below are pictures attached.
New sump set-up