ReefCleaners.org

Cyclop-eeze

spanko

Just wondering for those that use this product which do you use frozen bar, granular, or powder and how do you and your critters like it.

what are you trying to feed?

brought to you by the "just say no to dosing your tank with expensive stuff that's just going to go to waste in your tank coalition".

I use the frozen bar, and between a small amount of that ever 3 days and mysid shrimp once a month it's the only thing that I feed my tank, it's extremely nutritious and small enough that nearly everything from fish to corals can eat it :)

^^^ Right On, everything w/a mouth in my tank (herbivorous snails aside) loves Cyclopeeze. Acan, Hammer, Rics, Zoas, Palys, Hermits, Nass Snails, Anemone, etc. I also feed it to my Mantis about once a week who eats it like popcorn, and also to my two new baby (1/2 inch) clowns.

I defrost a very little bit at a time, this bar I have should last months.

BrassMonkey030

i use the dried. the gorgs and fish like it.

the trick i use for the dried is to put it in a 35ml syringe with water, hold my finger over the top and pull the plunger back. instant hydration.

if not it will float for hours.

I use the frozen and haven't had a fish or invert turn it down.... mine now feed directly from the pipette that I feed it with.

Like a little fishy trough.

what are you trying to feed?

brought to you by the "just say no to dosing your tank with expensive stuff that's just going to go to waste in your tank coalition".

Actually trying to feed a little bit of a lot of things to keep healthy livestock in general. Sounds like a concensus of good things to say about the except by you Gwoardnog. Could you expound on your statement please?

:eek::haha: Cyclop-eeze is people....... What a great movie that is.

Could you expound on your statement please?

Too many people feeding phyto... that don't have clams... "for their corals" (most corals eat the crap that grows inside their "bodies" or meat, not your plant phyto). Just make sure you've got mouths that can eat it (size) before you dump it in your tank because of other people's success stories that mainly consists of "my tank does much better"... and which livestock and critter might not match your own.

Cyclopeeze is Zooplankton (animal), not Phytoplankton (plant). I have yet to see a mouth too small for 'peeze, even my zoas eat it.

Too many people feeding phyto... that don't have clams... "for their corals" (most corals eat the crap that grows inside their "bodies" or meat, not your plant phyto). Just make sure you've got mouths that can eat it (size) before you dump it in your tank because of other people's success stories that mainly consists of "my tank does much better"... and which livestock and critter might not match your own.

Thank you for the clarification. I am looking a target feeding a few things in my tank, Sun Coral, Candy Cane, Yuma, Torch. The rest are Acro, Slimer, Zoas, Xenia which are all feeding from the water column and whatever is floating there. I have been using some mysis, krill, brine shrimp, and pellet food for the target feeding and keep reading about the Wonders of Cyclop-eeze (as well as DT's Phyto) and was wondering what experiences people were having out there before I start to add some to the mix.

I use the frozen bar, and between a small amount of that ever 3 days and mysid shrimp once a month it's the only thing that I feed my tank, it's extremely nutritious and small enough that nearly everything from fish to corals can eat it :)

Frozen bar mixed with Reef Chili 2-3 times a week.

I feed cyclop-eeze to my corals twice a week and they all love it... yumas, rics, open brain, hammer coral, maze brain, zoos, everyone! Even my fish and shrimp get in on the action

i agree...whatever it is and is in it (human or not :) ), everything goes nuts when I put it in my tank, including zoas, rics, monti, green birdsnest.

Now if I could only keep the damn cleaner shrimp away.

My hammer and candy canes love the stuff, and my fish think it's crack. They go absolutely nuts when I drop some in the tank.

I'm using the red gel stuff you keep in the freezer.

I feed 2 to 3 times daily, just a small pinch of the powder cyclopeeze. Perhaps I'm feeding too much in comparing to what others feed. I find myself feeding the whole tank a couple times a day. I just can't see my goby looking at me with those big eyes without giving him a little snack.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I bought a bar of the cyclopeeze with my baby clowns. I feed a little shaving 3 times a day and once with mysis/brine/krill mix. Everything goes nuts everytime. Even the hermits. Great product.

Archived