Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kinetic 82g

kinetic

oh no here we go again...LOL

there's always something... but patience is the best for this hobby isn't it?

Well if I can find a decent place to set it up temporarily, I'll be at peace with that.

there's always something... but patience is the best for this hobby isn't it?

Well if I can find a decent place to set it up temporarily, I'll be at peace with that.

i think its best to hold off until April. moving an 80 gallon is no joke...just moving the tank itself and livestock will take a good day or two.

taking wagers now....anyone want to give odds to this?kidding
DIE!!!!! :P
i think its best to hold off until April. moving an 80 gallon is no joke...just moving the tank itself and livestock will take a good day or two.
It would be the best thing to do, it's true...I'll see if I can find a good place to put it in my current home. If it works out well, I'll set it up, otherwise I'll put everything together, run some RO through it, make sure it's all in check, take my time at getting the best rock scape, and then put the rock in that form into a bucket to cycle.I'll just seed it with rock from my frag tank under zero light. once april comes around, the adjusting should be fast =)
hmm i like this plan...you need to check out my thread, im getting about 3000 in stuff on saturday

I'm definitely keeping tabs on your thread =) doesn't it feel great to get so many boxes of goodies?

haha i love getting lots of big boxes, especially when they are for my car and for my tank, at one point my room was filled with goodies from my car, now its going to be filled with goodies from salty critter

Stand In Place - [ 9/20/07 ]

I found an "ok" spot for the tank. It's facing away from the front door, but it's not bad. I'd like to put it against the wall, but the piano is there and there's not enough space next to it. This way is nice, because the couch has something to push up against, and the tank can stay clear without me needing to paint it black.

So I'm going to keep it clear, and aquascape it so you can sort of see through it. I want to concentrate most of my corals in the front though... the back will be neat too, but not sure how to do this on a 20" wide tank.

I'm absolutely thrilled with the quality of the stand. Again SoCal did a great job. I added a under cabinet light underneath and added little foam pads to the corners of the doors so they don't slam shut.

Enjoy these pictures:

1416588408_fea9af67d3.jpg

1415710565_ff5d836141.jpg

1415711363_457fab368d.jpg

Edited by kinetic

are you still looking for lighting fixtures?

if you are without a doubt the best thing i think you could do is the constellation, if you want pics i can get you whatever you need I LOVE THIS FIXTURE!!!

i was too, and i actually was regreting buying the constellation all the way until i got home and fired it up, no need for MH at all but i respect your choice of lighting and i know you will be happy with whatever you get, just trying to help your decision by lending a a review of a light fixture since i knew it would work on your tank

i was too, and i actually was regreting buying the constellation all the way until i got home and fired it up, no need for MH at all but i respect your choice of lighting and i know you will be happy with whatever you get, just trying to help your decision by lending a a review of a light fixture since i knew it would work on your tank

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I really appreciate you giving me a heads up on all sorts of stuff like this =) I also agree the constellation would work great on my tank, but I really like the metal halide look with the t5 actinics.

The constellation is neat too since it's much lower in profile and more easily controlled. I will consider it before I purchase, but I'm pretty set on the MH/T5 combo at the moment.

well if you ever needs pics i can get them for you just a FYI

thanks matt! will do =)

on another note, I'll be buying the TECO SeaChill 1/8hp chiller for this tank this week. I might also purchase my lighting since they only have one fixture in silver left.

Next week my tank comes =X

Purchased the TECO SeaChill 1/8hp chiller direct from their website. Using the Reef Central discount code, it slashed the cost by nearly $100!

$582 shipped for a new SeaChill 1/8hp is now on it's way =) I talked to the customer service and it seems like if I'm not running dual 400watt HQI with an ambient temperature of 86 degrees, this chiller should do well even in it's SILENT mode. So running with two 175watt SE's, and ambient temps never going above 80 (usually), I should be in good running. I'm also going to be using vortech's and one eheim, so they should run pretty cool inside the tank.

I'm thinking of plumbing the chiller with the return. It'd greatly reduce the gph flow, but it might be ok since it's just a return.

I think you will be happy with their chillers, they are awesome, i think plumbing the chiller in the return might need some rethinking, maybe on the drain line from the tank to the sump, that way you are not having to use a pump and the water is having time to mix with the water rather then shocking the corals with cold water hitting them

Just a quick update:

My SeaChill is scheduled to arrive today, and so is the ELOS. But the ELOS arrives at the warehouse in Pleasanton, so I'll have to go pick it up sometime. I may have to delay until the weekend, or next week. I'll order a few vortech's as well.

I'll take pix of the SeaChill tonight given it comes in =)

How many vortechs are you talking about ordering? I've got 1 on my 120 and it's more than enough. Even for an sps dominant tank, I can't imagine why you'd need more than 2, one on each end, and even that you probably wouldn't need until the tank started getting full and frags really started taking off and blocking some of the flow.