Just got my new ELOS cabinet from Jesse. This is the newest gen of stands, it's way heavier and much more solid. The doors are kind of a matte white, I think I'm going to repaint them a glossier white to match the rest of my furniture.
Here's my rough plan for the move (if you care to read):
- Cut 2x4's and crawl under the house to support the tank
- Crawl into the attic to make sure I can hang the lighting fixture
- Clean all my pumps and sump, move it (display tank will still run with pumps)
- Setup sump in the new cabinet
- Clean the main tank, pull rocks out, move fish into 40G breeder
- Move display tank, fill with a few gallons of old water, then fill with all new mix
- Add rocks from old tank
- Move RO/DI system
- Move the auto water exchange reservoir (brute 50g bin)
- Buy and setup Genesis Reef Renew PRO and Storm PRO systems
- Kick back and relax
I'm going mostly fishless, and will be dosing with coral food. I am traveling so much these days, I can't feed the fish and I can't depend on an auto feeder all the time. The only real animals will be the trochus snails, whatever gobies I can't get off the rocks, a few nassarius, my clam, and tuxedo urchin. After that I'll have to get my SPS back from the various places I've spread them out to... or just buy a nice healthy frag pack from someone =)
Namely going for pearlberry, hawkins echinata, silver dollar, and red planet. That's it! nice and simple.