inTank Media Baskets

Reeferboys Bc29

REEFERBOY

reeferboy .

update ! I went in to the aquarium store today where I bought my AL T5 2bulb. spoke to the mgr. and they let me swap out the 2bulb t5 for the AL T5 4 bulb Lunar ! They are so great to deal with, didn't charge me a restock fee or anything, just paid the diff. So I am a happy camper . :happydance: Now I can program it to come on and off for 3 modes.

8am to 8pm the blue's

9am to 6pm the 10k's wht.'s

8pm to 6am the lunar/ 2 led's

Do you have any suggestions of what or if I should change the set up ?

I do plan on getting these bulbs when get some extra cash. What ya think of these, and the order ?

1 KZ New Generation 14k (1st Front)

1 ATI blue + (2nd)

1 ATI Fiji purple + (3rd)

1ATI blue + (4th back)

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tank looks great. I am just in the process of setting up a new bc 29 hqi. Curious to know how you are liking you skimmer and media and fuge baskets. Keep up the good work

yoyo foozdog !!, man i wish that bc29 hqi was out on the market when i got my bc29. thats gonna be an awesome experience and a sweet tank.

I love love love the skimmer its so awesome, its at a good rate now where it pulls about a cup every two-three days of good stuff so im happy. its interesting that now i am using phytoplankton for liquid food twice a week the stuff it pulls (skimmate) is a lot greener than when i wasnt using it.

the media filtration basket and fuge is a great setup from intank (steviet) i currently run purigen in my bottom chamber of media basket, carbon in the middle, then filter floss carbon and purigen in the top segment in that order from bottom to top (i find the purigen distributes the water over the whole media basket.

the fuge part of it i am currently not using, other than i have live rock back there. i did have a healthy fuge growing with copepods that i was very happy with in cheato that i had to harvest about once a month a small handfull. i was so happy that i ordered backup lights from intank but instead received a different light and brand and style x6 :( these did not seem to work well and the cheato slowly died and the lights were basically crap from what i can tell. i have since been back to intanks website and have noticed that they have changed back to the original style (that worked for me before). i have refrained from ordering more for two reasons. one i cant get cheato anywhere in my city and dont really want to order online. two.....i emailed intank regarding the situation with my bulbs and received absolutely zero response which after spending some $300 across two orders i was far from impressed with.

regardless of my bad email and light experience the products and delivery time are great and steviet makes quality products and im sure i will return to his site if i choose to get the fuge going again instead of live rock that im using right now.

both the media baket and fuge basket fit very well and are easy to take out and clean when needed or to change media

reeferboy .

update ! I went in to the aquarium store today where I bought my AL T5 2bulb. spoke to the mgr. and they let me swap out the 2bulb t5 for the AL T5 4 bulb Lunar ! They are so great to deal with, didn't charge me a restock fee or anything, just paid the diff. So I am a happy camper . :happydance: Now I can program it to come on and off for 3 modes.

8am to 8pm the blue's

9am to 6pm the 10k's wht.'s

8pm to 6am the lunar/ 2 led's

Do you have any suggestions of what or if I should change the set up ?

I do plan on getting these bulbs when get some extra cash. What ya think of these, and the order ?

1 KZ New Generation 14k (1st Front)

1 ATI blue + (2nd)

1 ATI Fiji purple + (3rd)

1ATI blue + (4th back)

I think thats sweet that u did the upgrade an so cool of your lfs? whats the name of thestore is it a chain or an independant?? the lfs cracked a seperate AL 2bulb and let me swap the white for the blue so i ended up with two blue t5's :) sounds like we got some good luck with lfs's

the bulb combo sounds cool, i honestly dont know enough about color combos to give any suggestions unfortunately :(

What kind of salt do you use?? are you using RO water??

I think thats sweet that u did the upgrade an so cool of your lfs? whats the name of thestore is it a chain or an independant?? the lfs cracked a seperate AL 2bulb and let me swap the white for the blue so i ended up with two blue t5's :) sounds like we got some good luck with lfs's

the bulb combo sounds cool, i honestly dont know enough about color combos to give any suggestions unfortunately :(

What kind of salt do you use?? are you using RO water??

Its an independant store locally ( but they are online too ). http://aquariumknoxville.com/Aquarium_Knox..._Knoxville.html

I don't have my own ro/di set up. I buy the RO Saltwater they make ,for a 1.00 a gallon... less headache, lol

Not sure of the brand of salt, cause I by the buckets they use. I will ask them. it mix's up really well when or if I need to add some from time to time.

I came across this link of this dudes tank, talking about sweet color pop, but he has 10 bulbs...you may have seen it , but check it out.

http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index.php/cu...nk-of-the-month

and the video:

Its an independant store locally ( but they are online too ). http://aquariumknoxville.com/Aquarium_Knox..._Knoxville.html

I don't have my own ro/di set up. I buy the RO Saltwater they make ,for a 1.00 a gallon... less headache, lol

Not sure of the brand of salt, cause I by the buckets they use. I will ask them. it mix's up really well when or if I need to add some from time to time.

I came across this link of this dudes tank, talking about sweet color pop, but he has 10 bulbs...you may have seen it , but check it out.

http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index.php/cu...nk-of-the-month

and the video:

man this tank you recommended is crazy.....lol imagine this in our tanks...and then imagine $10k spent on a tank setup before coral !!! still need a link to your tank n a thread ?!?

Deleted User 4
thx III :)

I just got these 5 cool blasts.....3 of one kind i realy like on one rock n two of another on another small rock from of my lfs for $20 caus they looked to be close to death...hopefully i can bring them back i will post pics tmrw!!! your gonna love them. what do u think of the new lights ?

Nice!! I like the new lights, what kind of lights are those? Cool blastos too!! Both for just $20? That's a steal deal...lol ;)

k now start a new post call it gators build or whatever, then post your tank info. then copy and paste your picture links from photobucket (the IMG/ link at the bottom of your picture in albums view) to your nano reef post.

then save the link in your inet browser of your new post into your signature.

Nice!! I like the new lights, what kind of lights are those? Cool blastos too!! Both for just $20? That's a steal deal...lol ;)

they were actually glued together on the same piece... for $20 caus they were dying...alrdy looking much better.... i just broke the poxy so it was to seperate pieces n boom goes the dynomite !!

Reeferboy, hadn't got a chance to do that yet. But I will post some pics up later. I got some bulbs today for my T5 besides the stock AquaticLife bulbs. Man what a diff. in lighting better bulbs will do. I bought 4 today at the lfs , and a good deal too on sale for vip members. I bought the Giesemann powerchrome's (1 actinic +, 2 pure actinic +, 1 aqua blue +) . man ole man I got my frags to pop now.

after moving of bulbs around a few times , I found my best look for me. in order from front to back 1-4. Ya know on my Aquaticlife T5 lunar.

1. actinic- blue

2. pure actinic - purple

2 led lunars

3. aqua blue - white 10k

4. pure actinic - purple

Also I picked up 3 frags.1 Zoanthus ( Eagle Eye) Polyp,1 Frogspawn, and 1 Branching Hammer

omgomgomg

new pics with new bulbs.post-68708-1313955005_thumb.jpg

#2post-68708-1313955188_thumb.jpg

#3post-68708-1313955232_thumb.jpg

COOL "HUE" those bulbs were a good upgrade, ima hit your thread .......now :)

Picked up two tiny cleaner shrimps today for $40 pics to come tmrw

also i added a $16 fan from home depot...works great tho im using it manually for now, i cant run it 24/7 as i havent found a spot that dosent cause too much temp fluctuations from day to night so i just run it in daytime a few hours after lights come on if i get the chance, keeps it around 80*f....my room has been hitting around 88-90*f in the evening and even with a ceiling fan there is no let up this year the weather is unreal here. (plz remember houses here dont come with a/c.

again pics to come tmrw of fan...looks crappy but for 6 months of the year and a healthy tank i dont mind

your tank is still looking good ..im loving it ...talking about led's lights ...they have some called auraled led lights ..i belive they have a video of them on you tube ...several videos ..they are easy to change out and cost between 55.00 - 100.00 depending on what all you want ...you can choose the colors that you want ...several people on marsh reef out of houston texas are using them ...might want to check it out and read up on them ..they are waterproof too ..i had ordered the stunner strips right before i had saw them posted on the marsh website or i probably would have gotten them for my tank..you think that is hot its hitting 100 + here ...but we do have ac ..i was in conecticut before and we didnt have ac ...sorry you are having to deal with that

Reeferboy,

nice looking blast by the way. Got some new pics up on PB , of dunkin, toadstool, mushrooms, and changed the rock scape lol.

clicky sig...

• 4 months later...

Alright reefers whats goin on ?? Havent posted since sept so 3.5 months since last pcs n fts so heres some updates for ya - everything is going well n nothing has died ( except bubble coral which has been on a slow demise for a while now) All my fish have been alive for about a year now i think some for 2-3 (clown, hawkfish, jawfish, some blenny)

LEVEL FTS

IMG_2631.jpg

HIGHER FTS

IMG_2630.jpg

SOME GREEN HAIRY MUSHROOM ELEPHANT MUSHROOM THING THATS OUT OF CONTROL GROWING

IMG_2635.jpg

BLASTS FROM TOP RIGHT OF TANK

IMG_2632.jpg

ZOA PATCHES

IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg

IMG_2640.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg

MICROMUSA 3 COLOR DOUBLED IN SIZE/HEADS SINCE PURCHASE

IMG_2638.jpg

BLASTOMUSA GROWING IN WELL BUT HAVE BEEN SETBACK TWICE BY APISTASIA SO HAVE MOVED TO HERE

IMG_2633.jpg

IMG_2643.jpg

Hope you enjoy all comments bad/good/fun appreciated

also i use a cannon ti2 whih i feel is a good camera (dont have a macro lens) - i realise my pic taking skills are crap, any tips ? setting tips or anything til i get a macro lens....??

still finding it odd that even tho everything is going great for a while now and all corals look better than healthy i still have no coraline growth?

That elephant mushroom is amazing! and i like your zoa patches.

thx !!! i dont know what to do about the ele mushroom its kinda as big as i'd like it to bebut i doubt its gonna stop.........anyone got any suggestions? i cant remove the whole rock its on caus its part of main rockwork

still finding it odd that even tho everything is going great for a while now and all corals look better than healthy i still have no coraline growth?

Is the tank Stable? Like no fluctuations

• Christopher Marks changed the title to Reeferboys Bc29

Archived