Pod Your Reef

Reeferboys Bc29

REEFERBOY

Awesome. Can't wait to see pics of the coco :)

And like others have said, definitely try the fan. It should reduce your tempt by a good 3-4 degrees.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome. Can't wait to see pics of the coco :)

And like others have said, definitely try the fan. It should reduce your tempt by a good 3-4 degrees.

the coco either crowned due to stress or has died already :( i woke up today ad the crown was beside the tube....problem is i cant see the worm to know if its still in there caus the tube is probably 8 inches. this sucks same lfs i got a bunch of zoas from too which all died also. last time im going there i think. hopefully it just crowned and it will grow a new one i guess we will find out in a month or so

Just read your whole thread from beginning to end. Very nice set up. Have you done any research regarding an LED system yet? Was curious about going to LED's myself. I have the stock CFL's in my BC29 still and want to use either LED's or a clamp on MH fixture. I like the look of the tank as is, so thinking I will go with LED's. But same as you I am no good with DIY. Great tank!

Just read your whole thread from beginning to end. Very nice set up. Have you done any research regarding an LED system yet? Was curious about going to LED's myself. I have the stock CFL's in my BC29 still and want to use either LED's or a clamp on MH fixture. I like the look of the tank as is, so thinking I will go with LED's. But same as you I am no good with DIY. Great tank!

thanks for taking the time to read it :)

i dont think i am going to go to leds as i dont want to mess with things for a while (since crash im basically 5-7 months in) also the cost o what i would want to do to compare with my mh without diy looks ridiculous.....$500 plus....im gonna see how things go with what i have for the next 6 months or so an add a cheap fan or add an aquaworld fan that i saw at my lfs that is a clamp on that has either 1 or 4 fans

SLIGHTLY NEW SCAPE !!!!

moved just two rocks and im much happier with it, moved some corals too

feedback appreciated guys. also coco worm didnt make it i took it out today and it smelt AWFUL !!!

IMG_2076.jpg

IMG_2077.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

Cool, Like the scape, though I think it would be better if you had less rocks in there. :lol:

III Bro things live on some of those rocks i cant just write them off !!!! lol

BIG NEWS I JUST ADDED AN AQUATIC LIFE 18" DUAL T5 BULB FIXTUE TO ADD SOME BLUE !!!

PICS TO COME TMRW

150w Viper MH plus Aquatic life T5 dual 18w x2 acentic blue bulbs

IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2095.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2093.jpg

and OLD FTS VS NEW FTS and coral shots under new lights

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2085.jpg

IMG_2089.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

IMG_2086.jpg

IMG_2089.jpg

IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2102.jpg

now i definitely need a fan or chiller !!

Looks awesome man! You should post a pic with just the actinics on. Definitely a huge upgrade.. B)

THX CF21, OK ILL DO THAT TMRW !!!!

Awesome pics!!! B)

I like your red micromussas!!

thx III :)

I just got these 5 cool blasts.....3 of one kind i realy like on one rock n two of another on another small rock from of my lfs for $20 caus they looked to be close to death...hopefully i can bring them back i will post pics tmrw!!! your gonna love them. what do u think of the new lights ?

Reeferboy,

Dude, I just joined here today, and read, and envy your setup ! Nice addon on with the AL t5. My 20 gal. nano is running a AL T5 with stock 10k, and blue. But looking for either adding another AL T5, or Led. Not sure, but I am not getting alot of purple growth either. 3 months, and add purple up every other day.

Chris

my set up !

20 Gal. Nano Reef Tank

Equip :

Fluval 205 Canister Filter - 110 GPH

Hydro THEO UL Heater - 150W

Eshopps Protein Skimmer - PSK 75H

Aquatic Life 24" 2-Lamp T5 HO

Substrates:

Live Rock 3 lbs.

Calcium Carbonate Wht.Rock 4 lbs.

LiveSand 20 lbs.

Crushed Coral 10 lbs.

Marine Life:

1 Yellow Tail Damsels

2 Ocellaris Clownfish

3 Margartia Snails

2 Red Leg Hermit Crabs

1 Emerald Crab

1 Peppermint Shrimp

1 Brittle Starfish

1 Sleeper Yellow Head Goby

Corals:

1 Xenia (pulsating) xenia elongata

1 Bright Metallic Green Star Polyp

TANK LEVELS:

Temp: 82-83

SG - 1.022

PH - 8.0

Ammonia - 0 ppm

Nitrate -0 ppm

Nitrite - 0 ppm

post-68708-1313185707_thumb.jpg

post-68708-1313185724_thumb.jpg

post-68708-1313185746_thumb.jpg

Just added the xenia, and the star polyp a couple days ago. Do they grow off the frag, or do I need to cut them off or how to do that ?

post-68708-1313186762_thumb.jpg

post-68708-1313186771_thumb.jpg

post-68708-1313186789_thumb.jpg

HEY GATORS !!!

welcome to nano-reef bro.

looks like a sweet set up....trust me i appreciate the compliments but its been a hell of a ride to get there.

for your tank........ummm both xenia, and green star polyps (GSP) will grow like crazy right off the frag onto your rock in good conditions. they will spread til you cant even see the frag anymore and then move onto rock....xenia sometimes will just up and leave as a whole unit to a different part of rock.

GSP is cool because its very much a canary in the coalmine coral....if your gsp arent looking good then something is probably wrong with everything

xenia can do anything from grow like a weed like crazy to literally melt away completely in a day for no apparent reason.

most people here use photobucket for pics. once u have account you upload your pics there then cop and past the IMG link in your post :)

also get a link to your tank (copy n paste the link to your tank into your signature)

Hey thanks, but I can't imagine all the stress that u have been through on your tank. I would agree with u, on the at least it has made u a better reefer ! I will link up pics to photobucket.

Hi, I have a BC29 as well, have you thought about getting rid of the rim?

what do u mean charles? the plastic on the glass around the rim?

some shots of the new cheap blasts from lfs im hoping to get back to healthy again, some acentic only shots for you all to feast your eyes apon

IMG_2108.jpg

IMG_2131.jpg

blasts to try n help

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

micromusa normal and acentic only

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

clown on his cool side

IMG_2118.jpg

favia...looking close to making new polyps

IMG_2124.jpg

acan growing well top down shot acentic only

IMG_2138.jpg

blasts acentic only

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

all comments appreciated

Tank looks great. I am just in the process of setting up a new bc 29 hqi. Curious to know how you are liking you skimmer and media and fuge baskets. Keep up the good work

some shots of the new cheap blasts from lfs im hoping to get back to healthy again, some acentic only shots for you all to feast your eyes apon

IMG_2108.jpg

IMG_2131.jpg

blasts to try n help

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

micromusa normal and acentic only

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

clown on his cool side

IMG_2118.jpg

favia...looking close to making new polyps

IMG_2124.jpg