79 replies to this topic

whofeelsitknowsit

whofeelsitknowsit

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 17,114 posts
  • Joined 20 Jun 2007
  • Illadelph

+1. i never got $200 a year in allowance, nevermind a week. gah.

Yeah, but you have to factor in inflation.
[placeholder]

supahtim

supahtim

Wanted dead or alive

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  • Joined 13 May 2005
  • Toronto, Canada
lol i'm only 10 years older and i never even got 1/4 of his allowance... inflation hasn't been that bad here in Canada :)

it's actually good to see a 13 year old doing something other than drinking and doing drugs.

Tim
16g Mixed Reef
150w HQI Phoenix 14,000K, 2x Hydor Koralia 1, Visitherm Stealth 50w, AC30.
20lbs lr, 1.5" SSB.
black false percula clownfish, yellow watchman goby, yellow cave goby (Trimma Taylori?).
1 randalli pistol shrimp, 5 astrea snails, 1 brittle star, 3 sexy shrimp.
softies, LPS.

surftaco

surftaco

I love your Mom

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • Joined 09 May 2007
  • Fort Walton Beach Florida
His parents must be rich lol.

HeyLookItsCaps

HeyLookItsCaps

HeyLookItsBanned

• Members
  • 2,634 posts
  • Joined 22 Jul 2007
  • Southern California
my parents bought me video games, guns, motorcycles, legos and bicycles....

wish i woulda got a reef instead looking back 10 years now
29G BioCube
12" CurrentUSA LED Retro-fit build
22 Acrylic Mantis Tank *dismantled*
Caps JBJ 3gal Pico!

We are what we Repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a Habit. -Aristotle

The future depends on what we do in the present. - Mahatma Gandhi

masterbuilder

masterbuilder

Nano Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 4,136 posts
  • Joined 12 Jan 2006
My warning to 13 yr old is - Reefing is exclusive domain of losers and disgusting fat married guys. Wait until its your turn dude.

Shouldnt you be spending your cash on an iPhones, Ripsticks, Guitars, Surfboards, or other things chicks dig?

Mark

p.s. Its best you dont live near the ocean for the surfboard to work its magic on a 13 year old girl. Thata way, you dont have to actually prove you know how to surf.

Edited by masterbuilder, 17 August 2007 - 04:24 PM.

Maco

Maco

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 628 posts
  • Joined 23 Jan 2007
  • Colorado

I'm 13,

Wow so i'm not the only 13 year old :)

-Mac
-Mac

Wow really, I cant say ####, ######, #######, donkey sodomy machine? How about douche bag, dickface, ####stick or ######stain?

Pickle010

Pickle010

Shamalamadingdong

• Members
  • 7,849 posts
  • Joined 30 Nov 2006
  • Terra Bella, CA

My warning to 13 yr old is - Reefing is exclusive domain of losers and disgusting fat married guys.

HEY!!!!

I resemble that remark!!!

#*%$

:P

John30507

John30507

John

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • Joined 22 May 2007
  • Georgia

My warning to 13 yr old is - Reefing is exclusive domain of losers and disgusting fat married guys. Wait until its

I've noticed that in the pics ive seen of people in front of their tanks, and my science teacher... She fits the discription.

Wow so i'm not the only 13 year old :)

-Mac

In about three more months, I will join the 13 crowd bunch. Although I feel older than twelve now...

BioCube 29

• Gold Striped Maroon Clown
  • Pencil Urchin
  • Lettuce Nudibranch
  • Emerald Crab
  • Porcleain Crab
  • 2 Astrea Snails
  • 10 Nerite Snails
  • 10 Nassarius Snails
  • 5 Stocky Snails
  • 5 Dwarf White Leg Hermits
  • 6 Blue Leg Hermits
  • 15 Lbs Live Rock
Posted Image

HeyLookItsCaps

HeyLookItsCaps

HeyLookItsBanned

• Members
  • 2,634 posts
  • Joined 22 Jul 2007
  • Southern California

HEY!!!!

I resemble that remark!!!

#*%$
:P

he really is, ive seen him.....

;)

lmao :lol:
29G BioCube
Caps JBJ 3gal Pico!

We are what we Repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a Habit. -Aristotle

Maco

Maco

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 628 posts
  • Joined 23 Jan 2007
  • Colorado

In about three more months, I will join the 13 crowd bunch. Although I feel older than twelve now...

Ok i confess im going to be 13 in october :blush: sorry :( but i feel older than 12 to... Stupid me :slap:

-Mac
-Mac

Wow really, I cant say ####, ######, #######, donkey sodomy machine? How about douche bag, dickface, ####stick or ######stain?

fraggle rockette

fraggle rockette

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,282 posts
  • Joined 04 Mar 2007
  • Los Angeles, CA

Yeah, but you have to factor in inflation.

HEY HOW OLD DO YOU THINK I AM??? :angry: GAH. LOLZ.

My warning to 13 yr old is - Reefing is exclusive domain of losers and disgusting fat married guys. Wait until its your turn dude.

:huh: :( i's not that big of a loser. :slap: NO FRAGS FOR YOU!!!
XANADUUUU!!! (and sometimes don't): My 24G AP

i'm really not gay... i was once engaged to a slab of bacon with a vagina. true story

why do people get so enraged by someone making fun of a FISHTANK?? this is the one thing i can't wrap my head around... IT'S A BOX OF WATER, PEOPLE. I'M NOT BANGING THE GUY'S WIFE OR ANYTHING.

Cell mate: "what you in for?"
You: "Me? Coral price switching---It was an acro and I called it chaeto"
Cell mate: "Hey look, there's a dollar bill on the floor--can you get that?"

forrestp38829

forrestp38829

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,241 posts
  • Joined 26 Aug 2005
  • Memphis,TN
I take back anytime I ever cursed on this forum.

Damn, I feel old.

Crap@!
There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum

My Feedback.

fiction

fiction

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Joined 12 Jun 2007
Word of advice, your better off drinking and getting high at your age. Plus it's a lot cheaper then buying corals. Ah to be 13 again....

fraggle rockette

fraggle rockette

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,282 posts
  • Joined 04 Mar 2007
  • Los Angeles, CA

Word of advice, your better off drinking and getting high at your age. Plus it's a lot cheaper then buying corals. Ah to be 13 again....

and that's when the rich republican parents shut nano-reef.com down forever. lol. :huh: -_-

i'm really not gay... i was once engaged to a slab of bacon with a vagina. true story

why do people get so enraged by someone making fun of a FISHTANK?? this is the one thing i can't wrap my head around... IT'S A BOX OF WATER, PEOPLE. I'M NOT BANGING THE GUY'S WIFE OR ANYTHING.

RL831

RL831

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 24 Jul 2007
  • Central coast, CA
What a tough crowd.

surftaco

surftaco

I love your Mom

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • Joined 09 May 2007
  • Fort Walton Beach Florida

Excellent advice! I 2nd that!

reefing is for fat married guys and the rare 45 year old virgins who started at 13. :lol:

John30507

John30507

John

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • Joined 22 May 2007
  • Georgia
I'd rather be the loser kid at school than drink and get high. I have already made a promise to god that I will do neither in my lifetime.

Edited by John30507, 18 August 2007 - 07:31 AM.

BioCube 29

• Gold Striped Maroon Clown
  • Pencil Urchin
  • Lettuce Nudibranch
  • Emerald Crab
  • Porcleain Crab
  • 2 Astrea Snails
  • 10 Nerite Snails
  • 10 Nassarius Snails
  • 5 Stocky Snails
  • 5 Dwarf White Leg Hermits
  • 6 Blue Leg Hermits
  • 15 Lbs Live Rock
Posted Image

KOFP

KOFP

The Great White North Reefer

• Members
  • 1,558 posts
  • Joined 09 Oct 2006
  • Toronto, Ontario

You think it's better for us to mush up our brains or end up in rehab or jail then enjoy a great hobby? I think that is probably one of the more degrading comments I've heard on NR.com, get high because it's cheaper than having a hobby? We're better off getting drunk? That's REALLY stupid and insulting...VERY insulting.

I am not a fat, and disgusting slob and do not intend to be. Infact, I am quite athletic and intellectually able. Just because a few of you are losers and have no life, that doesn't mean the rest of the community is. Baring this hobby as a domain for losers and fat married men does not show any respect for the reefing community and for the young people and beginners that are starting out.

In conclusion, I am pretty ####ed. You're basically saying, drink and get high cause that's what us 13/14 year olds should do. Reefing may one day open our eyes to a life-long passion or even a career choice. It's people like us that may one day help the reefs of the world. Also, the world would be pretty sh**ty if it's run by a bunch of brain dead freaks.

I have no respect for you fiction, and anyone that carries the same opinion. In the words of fraggle rockette..."No frags for you!!!"

Edited by KeeperOfFishyPeace, 18 August 2007 - 08:54 AM.

NO FRAGS FOR YOU!!!!

Posted Image

jonmar

jonmar

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Joined 29 Jul 2007
  • Texas
lol it was a joke......

fraggle rockette

fraggle rockette

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,282 posts
  • Joined 04 Mar 2007
  • Los Angeles, CA

reefing is for fat married guys and the rare 45 year old virgins who started at 13. :lol:

HEY NOW!!!! i can't believe you guys are all still telling yourselves people like me and helfrich, diane, roxy, etc. are a) either all dudes, or B) don't really exist/count/whatevs as reefers. this is just uber lame.

be afraid- i'm getting more people interested in this hobby that aren't fat, married, old, bald, ugly, creepy, crackheads, or virgins (not that there's anything wrong with that last one 13 year old reefers), so get prepared for a new breed of SW keepers invading the boards along with this younger wave. AND THERE'S NOTHING THE OLD FLAMERS CAN DO ABOUT IT!!!! MUHAHAHAHAH!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! :lol: ok i'm done. :happydance:

You think it's better for us to mush up our brains or end up in rehab or jail then enjoy a great hobby? I think that is probably one of the more degrading comments I've heard on NR.com, get high because it's cheaper than having a hobby? We're better off getting drunk? That's REALLY stupid and insulting...VERY insulting.

First of all, reef keeping CAN very easily be cheaper than drugs- getting high is not cheap by any means! I've known people on a good week to drop $150 plus just on the other reefer- who of us spends that much weekly on their tanks? (well besides flcracker or whatever his name is- lol.) But that isn't the point. I know that these baby reefers can drive us all crazy from time to time- hell i'm pretty sure i would've done the same those first few months had you guys not known i was a chick :P- but at least they have a great hobby, albeit an expensive one.

A lot of us got into this to escape drugs/drinking/gambling/boredom/stress/anxiety/and/or/depression, so even if you're joking, why go there and set a bad example for these younger people? heck, i wish my little sister was interested in something beside boys!!! now i'm not trying to act holier than thou, i just still remember being 13 and not getting jokes like these. and think of it this way- the more people propagating, the cheaper frags'll get!!!

NO FRAGS FOR YOU!!!!
B)

Maco

Maco

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 628 posts
  • Joined 23 Jan 2007
  • Colorado

I am not a fat, and disgusting slob and do not intend to be. Infact, I am quite athletic and intellectually able. Just because a few of you are losers and have no life, that doesn't mean the rest of the community is. Baring this hobby as a domain for losers and fat married men does not show any respect for the reefing community and for the young people and beginners that are starting out.

In conclusion, I am pretty ####ed. You're basically saying, drink and get high cause that's what us 13/14 year olds should do. Reefing may one day open our eyes to a life-long passion or even a career choice. It's people like us that may one day help the reefs of the world. Also, the world would be pretty sh**ty if it's run by a bunch of brain dead freaks.

I have no respect for you fiction, and anyone that carries the same opinion. In the words of fraggle rockette..."No frags for you!!!"

x2
-Mac

neanderthalman

neanderthalman

Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.

• Members
  • 10,943 posts
  • Joined 11 Mar 2005
  • Pickering, ON

I'd rather be the loser kid at school than drink and get high.

That is a very very very good choice to make. Focus on your education, that's what you're there for. It WILL take you far in life, no matter how 'useless' something like trigonomety might seem.

I have already made a promise to god that I will do neither in my lifetime.

Ever in your lifetime? I wish you luck in that endeavor, but where in the bible does it say alcohol is wrong? Last I checked, wine is used rather liberally. Still, if you think you're better off without alcohol, and have the strength of character to not drink when it is socially 'expected' (weddings, xmas parties, etc), then all the power to you.

We'll just see how well this promise stands on your 21st birthday ;)

Don't do drugs.
Posted Image
^^New Coral 2010-03-27^^

Posted Image

I looked down her shirt. *shrug* I ain't gay or nothin', but it's boobs. It's what you do.

Mickle

Mickle

Ph|)

• Members
  • 779 posts
  • Joined 27 Mar 2006

That is a very very very good choice to make. Focus on your education, that's what you're there for. It WILL take you far in life, no matter how 'useless' something like trigonomety might seem.
Ever in your lifetime? I wish you luck in that endeavor, but where in the bible does it say alcohol is wrong? Last I checked, wine is used rather liberally. Still, if you think you're better off without alcohol, and have the strength of character to not drink when it is socially 'expected' (weddings, xmas parties, etc), then all the power to you.

We'll just see how well this promise stands on your 21st birthday ;)

Don't do drugs.

^ Listen!
Oh and BTW trig is one of the more useful things so listen up!
:)
To be fair I think my reef would be alot more extravagant if I wasn't paying! :D

HeyLookItsCaps

HeyLookItsCaps

HeyLookItsBanned

• Members
  • 2,634 posts
  • Joined 22 Jul 2007
  • Southern California
wow it sounds like church in here.
29G BioCube
Caps JBJ 3gal Pico!

kkyyllee

kkyyllee

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,296 posts
  • Joined 15 Jan 2007