• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

islandcreation

islandcreation

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 13 Dec 2006

I have never heard of this happening but I feel there is a possibility that it can happen. Has anyone seen or heard of a clown hosting a duncan? I feel I have the largest duncan head, with its tentacles spread out its about 5-6 eggcrate squares across maybe more. I have been target feeding that particular head with mysis 3-4 times a week for 5 months! I have a anenome that my clowns hosting but its getting to big stinging my paly colonies. I just wanted to know if I sold my anenome would my clown head to the duncans.

KOFP

KOFP

The Great White North Reefer

• Members
  • 1,558 posts
  • Joined 09 Oct 2006
  • Toronto, Ontario
clowns can host anything and everything from powerheads to zoos. if you take the anemone out they could go to anything.
but if you have the right lighting, keep the anemone and just the move the paly colony. :)

NO FRAGS FOR YOU!!!!

Posted Image

islandcreation

islandcreation

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 13 Dec 2006

clowns can host anything and everything from powerheads to zoos. if you take the anemone out they could go to anything.
but if you have the right lighting, keep the anemone and just the move the paly colony. :)

Yeah, I have the right lighting and evrything great! The anemone is just getting BIGGER and spreading everywhere. I moved my colonies to the point that they can no longer be moved.

chrisoz

chrisoz

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 15 Dec 2007
  • Mississauga, Ontario
My perc hosts in my duncan colony... average head size is about 3" across.
Posted Image

Phase420

Phase420

Purple Reefer

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Joined 06 Apr 2008
  • Tempe, AZ

I have never heard of this happening but I feel there is a possibility that it can happen. Has anyone seen or heard of a clown hosting a duncan? I feel I have the largest duncan head, with its tentacles spread out its about 5-6 eggcrate squares across maybe more. I have been target feeding that particular head with mysis 3-4 times a week for 5 months! I have a anenome that my clowns hosting but its getting to big stinging my paly colonies. I just wanted to know if I sold my anenome would my clown head to the duncans.

My clowns host my duncan colony. It took the duncans a little while to get used to it, but they stay fully extended now. Everybody is happy.
< 29G AGA w/ HOB Aquafuge 2 > <75 Gal - in the works)

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi

bosco

bosco

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Joined 25 Mar 2009
  • New Orleans
you put a donut in your tank?!?

Posted Image

Phase420

Phase420

Purple Reefer

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Joined 06 Apr 2008
  • Tempe, AZ

you put a donut in your tank?!?

With sprinkles..
< 29G AGA w/ HOB Aquafuge 2 > <75 Gal - in the works)

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi

basser1

basser1

Nano Reefer Old Fart

• Members
  • 5,145 posts
  • Joined 28 Jul 2006
  • So. Indiana
My clowns also use a 40 head duncan as their host. I also have a large toadstool behind the duncan. The toadstool is huge and is 2" to 3" taller than the duncan and I have seen both of my clowns sleeping in it after the lights go out.

I think duncans are a great alternative to anemones. ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

reefer123

reefer123

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 624 posts
  • Joined 28 Nov 2007
so you think most duncans will adapt to the clown? my clown has been bothering the crap out of my duncans for 2weeks and they r always closed. they have 2 big heads and 2 small heads. thanks

Shyla8

Shyla8

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Joined 15 Nov 2008
  • Mint Hill, NC
My clown pair hosts my 8 head Duncan. They have since the very beginning. The Duncans do fine with it too,no problems at all. I should add except when they spawn at its base every few weeks and start picking on the tentacles of the head closest their lay spot to make it close while they lay.

Marine1

Marine1

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Joined 11 Jul 2008
  • Washington D.C.

+1 I've had clowns host my fake coral in my other FOWLR tank. It is too funny.