Coral Vue Hydros

Clown hosting a Duncan

islandcreation

islandcreation

I have never heard of this happening but I feel there is a possibility that it can happen. Has anyone seen or heard of a clown hosting a duncan? I feel I have the largest duncan head, with its tentacles spread out its about 5-6 eggcrate squares across maybe more. I have been target feeding that particular head with mysis 3-4 times a week for 5 months! I have a anenome that my clowns hosting but its getting to big stinging my paly colonies. I just wanted to know if I sold my anenome would my clown head to the duncans.

clowns can host anything and everything from powerheads to zoos. if you take the anemone out they could go to anything.

but if you have the right lighting, keep the anemone and just the move the paly colony. :)

islandcreation
clowns can host anything and everything from powerheads to zoos. if you take the anemone out they could go to anything.

but if you have the right lighting, keep the anemone and just the move the paly colony. :)

Yeah, I have the right lighting and evrything great! The anemone is just getting BIGGER and spreading everywhere. I moved my colonies to the point that they can no longer be moved.

• 1 year later...
I have never heard of this happening but I feel there is a possibility that it can happen. Has anyone seen or heard of a clown hosting a duncan? I feel I have the largest duncan head, with its tentacles spread out its about 5-6 eggcrate squares across maybe more. I have been target feeding that particular head with mysis 3-4 times a week for 5 months! I have a anenome that my clowns hosting but its getting to big stinging my paly colonies. I just wanted to know if I sold my anenome would my clown head to the duncans.

My clowns host my duncan colony. It took the duncans a little while to get used to it, but they stay fully extended now. Everybody is happy.

My clowns also use a 40 head duncan as their host. I also have a large toadstool behind the duncan. The toadstool is huge and is 2" to 3" taller than the duncan and I have seen both of my clowns sleeping in it after the lights go out.

I think duncans are a great alternative to anemones. ;)

• 11 months later...

so you think most duncans will adapt to the clown? my clown has been bothering the crap out of my duncans for 2weeks and they r always closed. they have 2 big heads and 2 small heads. thanks

My clown pair hosts my 8 head Duncan. They have since the very beginning. The Duncans do fine with it too,no problems at all. I should add except when they spawn at its base every few weeks and start picking on the tentacles of the head closest their lay spot to make it close while they lay.

+1 I've had clowns host my fake coral in my other FOWLR tank. It is too funny.

Archived