Innovative Marine Aquariums

Anemone Propagation!

adinsxq

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adin you should send me some of those just for my post-count alone. I think I contribute a lot to this site in my posts, like this one. USEFUL! lol

No, seriously, good thread worthy of stickying. And GIMME UR BABIES.

red: This will work for rics as well. Of course.. they'll be slower to re-attach, but it'll work.

izzue: I'll bet yours is gigantic now... what's the diameter? I've read every post on RC (twice!) about these anemones and not one person reports a maxi splitting naturally. Minis are like bunnies... but maxis are a whole 'nother story.

Adin you should send me some of those just for my post-count alone.

...and you think I get compensated for my contribution? :slap::lol:

Adin

It hasnt grown that much...mother is like 4 to 5 inches by end of photoperiod.

I think the stress of shipping when I got it from Miguel caused it to start spliting.

Miguel said he had only had a few to split naturally and I was the 1st customer he had sold one to that was spliting. I just checked the calender and I purchased the Mini max on 8-06...and the baby is still not completely seperated.

I think the Porcelain crab may have become dinner for the Mother...I cant find any signs of the crab...lol.

It was killer while the crab was hosting the anemone...but it may have backfired for the little crabbie.

Izzue

Not sure about the fact that mini reproduce like babies since mine hasn't even split in over 2 months that I've had it. Been feeding it like crazy while it sits in the shade also. Might have to do some slicing soon.

One of the side effects of an uneven cut is an uneven anemone! As you can see.. this one healed a little funny due to a bad slice job.

4poayck.jpg

I have had a mini for at least 4 months now and it has not split or grown since. It has settled in a low light / high flow area, and I do not feed it regularly. I heard they were practically invasive, so whats up?

I have had a mini for at least 4 months now and it has not split or grown since. It has settled in a low light / high flow area, and I do not feed it regularly. I heard they were practically invasive, so whats up?

i dose Ca, Sr, Mg, Iodine/Iodide, trace elements and after a couple days of my 1st mini it looks likes its gonna split soon, it has 2 mouths and oval shape/pinched

~snazzy

i dose Ca, Sr, Mg, Iodine/Iodide, trace elements and after a couple days of my 1st mini it looks likes its gonna split soon, it has 2 mouths and oval shape/pinched

~snazzy

false alarm, it looked like that it must just have been eating somthing and tried to get its mouth there idk -_-

a mouth-full ;)

post-21110-1181006579_thumb.jpg

thats his second feeding in a row like that >.> he sure is hungry

i havent decided if i wana cut him yet what u think?

Jamie: My preferred method is by fingernail.. thumb to be specific. This works best when they anemone is "on the move" (keep in mind on-the-move refers to "anemone time"). An individual that is firmly planted, i.e. has it's foot wedged into a crevice is impossible to peel off. You're either going to have to chip it out (hammer and chisel) or motivated to start walking. The easiest way to get the anemone to move is to place it in an uncomfortable environment. If possible, and you're not in a rush, simply turn the rock upside down. If you can't wait, direct a powerhead at the base of the anemone for a few minutes (repeat as necessary... off and on... off and on).

Snazzy: That's how I do it too! lol! That one's on the small side... about a nickel right? I would wait, thought it is big enough to survive a cut IMO.

adinsxq- When are you going to be hosting an S. tapetum Propagation, slice 'n dice get together? I'm supposed to be getting in about 20 mini carpets in this week.

Whoa! 20! If you need help, bring the 'nems to the SoCal meet and we'll chop them up. I'll bring my super fancy razor blade :ninja:

Whoa! 20! If you need help, bring the 'nems to the SoCal meet and we'll chop them up. I'll bring my super fancy razor blade :ninja:

How about you bring it to my pad? I has pics of it! :D

Snazzy: That's how I do it too! lol! That one's on the small side... about a nickel right? I would wait, thought it is big enough to survive a cut IMO.

about quarter nickle ya is it a mini or maxi its not really a full pick of it mainly just mysis lol

All you SoCal people with access to group buys ARE TEH SUXORS.

Kthx.

adinsxq- When are you going to be hosting an S. tapetum Propagation, slice 'n dice get together? I'm supposed to be getting in about 20 mini carpets in this week.

wana sell me 1 or 2? :'|

I'll post pics of them plus the NanoCube 6 of my waratah's. Last I counted, I had about 20 large ones (up to 2" wide) and some with green dotted lines on the red bodies and some with really light blue tiny dots on the red bodies and some with large blue dots around the rim of the tentacles. I need to get a good camera that shoots macro-any suggestions would be helpful.

Brian

All you SoCal people with access to group buys ARE TEH SUXORS.

Kthx.

I wish this was a group buy. These are all for me for the time being. Then once I hook up with Adinsxq, I'll try to slice and dice them and let some so.Cal people get some cheap. Just trying to help out my fellow reefers.

Brian

Speaking of waratahs, have you tried this on any of them? I have some cold water nems I might want to try fragging.

Archived