inTank Media Baskets

Labouti Wrasse!

andrewkw

Finally brought this guy home after seeing him on saturday. The most colourful fish i have this guy is big and fat. Probably the last fish I add other then a purple tang and perhaps a mandarin.

with flash

IMGP5252.jpg

without

IMGP5204.jpg

IMGP5184.jpg

IMGP5182.jpg

This fish is truely amazing in person. Fish are one thing that actually look better at home since the lighting on store fish only tanks are not great.

He cost me $130 cnd which makes him the most expensive fish I have.

This fish is truely amazing in person. Fish are one thing that actually look better at home since the lighting on store fish only tanks are not great.

He cost me $130 cnd which makes him the most expensive fish I have.

Mine is a clowntrigger, $170.. I paid only $45 :)

Gorgeous wrasse! There was one here at J&L (Vancouver, B.C. retailer) that just sold for $189.00 I was soooo tempted but thankfully someone else bought it! Beautiful though, and well worth the money! Nice score!

because those fish dont travel as far. you got it lucky in cali, believe me.

I doubt the extra 5hrs on a plane would double the price.

$60 seems low, when I did some research about labouti a lot of us websites had them listed at the same or higher priced then I paid.

I guarantee that you can not buy this fish for $60 anywhere. It really is a gorgeous fish grats and good luck andrew.

Maybe a baby but this is a nice big healthy fatty. They were eatiing 1-2 days after entering the country. Regardless if it was $200 I probably still would have bought it. It's not about saving a couple bucks when you find a fish this nice.

I SO agree with you, if it's a fish you want....(within reason of course) then you pay the asking price....whether it's "high for the norm" or not...if you want it you buy it!

Once again...NICE FISH!

I guarantee that you can not buy this fish for $60 anywhere. It really is a gorgeous fish grats and good luck andrew.

yeah, i think he was getting confused with the 100s of other wrasse species. some are $60. most arent. and yes, there's a difference between shipping to cali and to say, ohio. or maybe the market is so saturated there they have to sell for less to stay competative. either way, the east coast cant do anything about that.

yeah, i think he was getting confused with the 100s of other wrasse species. some are $60. most arent. and yes, there's a difference between shipping to cali and to say, ohio. or maybe the market is so saturated there they have to sell for less to stay competative. either way, the east coast cant do anything about that.

If the shipping difference was that significant any east coast stores would not be able to offer coral / fish anywhere near west coast prices unless it was florida ricordia or something close by. Australia is far from everywhere in north america.

In a way I wish the market was more saturated here but I am shocked that the reef shop i bought these from still has a few. They had maybe 15 arrive saturday and still had about 5 of them when I picked up mine.

• 2 months later...

Archived