Innovative Marine Aquariums

Fragging Green Star Polyp

mahi mahi boy

mahi mahi boy

Can I cut the purple tissue between the polyps? I'm gonna grow some on these tiles so I can move it around. I wanna glue some to the glass too, will the GSP mat grow on glass?

Marble tile for boulders- :lol:

tilefe5.jpg

The first coral i aquired was gsp, a lfs near me owed me store credit and they just cut the mat with a pair of scissors. Ive also seen them growing on the back glass, pretty awesome looking.

mahi mahi boy

Alright, cool. I figured the tissue could rebound from a cut, just wanted to make sure. I'd feel dumb if I killed this. :D I figured that deep purple mat on the back and sides of the glass would look cool. The GPS looks awesome under the A-03 lights.

Alright, cool. I figured the tissue could rebound from a cut, just wanted to make sure. I'd feel dumb if I killed this. :D I figured that deep purple mat on the back and sides of the glass would look cool. The GPS looks awesome under the A-03 lights.

Cut it, peel it, rip it, I dont think you can kill it lol. Putting it on the glass gives it full access to your tank, you make think its cool now, but when it's smothering all your nice corals you are going to be ###ed. Trust me look at my tank lol

mahi mahi boy

Wow, so it grows like kudzu? Well, I can move the tile around, but the glass....hmmmm Well if a flat razor underneath the tissue will take it off the glass I'll be ok. I can see it's robbing some of my crushed coral substrate now, so it seems to have a decent growth rate. Thanks for the warning ladies and gentlemen. :)

Bobalouy, what was the size of your GSP when you first introduced it into your tank and how old is it in that pic?

Archived