inTank Media Baskets

Another fine BC29 Update R2D2

Deano

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
more pictures please :D i want to see your tank with pheonix bulb

Thanks for looking.

I'll get some update Pics soon. I recently add a couple SPS's and things are looking pretty good in this tank.

Here are some update photos. My Fair Wrasse went MIA. I added the Yellow Tail from my now empty 5.5 AIO. I plan on moving the Coral Bueaty into my 135 once I find some time to catch it.

DSCF0057.jpg

DSCF0055.jpg

DSCF0053.jpg

DSCF0051.jpg

DSCF0048.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

DSCF0054.jpg

The Coral Beauty is now in my 135g. The sucker swam into the Conch Shell at the back of the tank. I quickly snatched the whole shell out of the tank while he was in it. It didn't know what hit it until it swam out of the shell in the 135 and its whole world changed. I am glad to have it out of the BC29. It was picking at my Green Toad Stool and the coral would not open any more.

• 9 months later...

I have gone a new direction for this tank. Not so much that this direction is new to me. I have always wanted to make this tank a dedicated tank for a LTA. My local Petco got in a very nice green LTA and I couldn't resist making the move. So far the change has worked out well.

IMAG0334.jpg

IMAG0322.jpg

IMAG0324.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
cute crab on the nem

Thanks I love porcelain crabs. I have one in my 20l as well and it hangs out in my frilly mushroom. I have a pair of false percs in this tank I was hoping they would take to the nem but no luck. I might try and find a pair of pink skunks.

Looks awesome, the whole tank has a nice color to it.

Thank you! :)

You have to show them pictures of nems hosting the coral and there is the colander method of getting them to host.

I tried the picture trick but it did not help. I might try it again with a differant picture can't hurt.

Yes you do see a spray bar, I have a Rena Filstar XP1 canister under the tank. I added the canister way back in late 2006 mainly for the extra mechanical filtration but also for the flow. In the beginning I built a skimmer but went to cheato in the back center compartment and the Canister pickup and heater in the 1st compartment. The last updated photos since adding the LTA I have since removed the cheato and now run the skimmer. The cheato worked ok and grew well but since adding the LTA nem I wanted to make sure I had a skimmer for better water quality. IMO cheato works well for nitrates but does nothing compared to a skimmer for the heaver DOC's and semi solid matter. Ideally using both would be best but the way my BC is setup I don't have room for the cheato and skimmer. I can control nitrates by water changes and keeping my fish bioload low through limited stocking. So the skimmer is the choice.

I read back a bit into my thread and I wanted to also note the I have since ungrafted the odyssea fixture from the BC's factory top and the fixture now sets on the tank using the Odyssea legs, topless. I also DIY some LEDs into the odyssea fixture. Since doing this the tank is dead silent other then some soothing water trickle sound. I no longer have to worry about heat issues. Plus the tank is so much easier to maintain. I hated removing the factory top since this was one of the big reasons I bought this tank. I really liked the clean look of the BC29 with the top on. I can live with it this way. I will try to get some updated FTS soon.

The Coral Beauty is now in my 135g. The sucker swam into the Conch Shell at the back of the tank. I quickly snatched the whole shell out of the tank while he was in it. It didn't know what hit it until it swam out of the shell in the 135 and its whole world changed. I am glad to have it out of the BC29. It was picking at my Green Toad Stool and the coral would not open any more.

haha it must have thought it went through a time warp or something! Tank looks cool.

I tried the picture trick but it did not help. I might try it again with a differant picture can't hurt.

Was the picture of your clown species hosting what you want them to host? Coz you know, they don't know logic, they are fish. :huh:

The colander method is a good one too, you'll need one of those floating colanders from target

haha it must have thought it went through a time warp or something! Tank looks cool.

I must say I enjoyed that little switch-arue on my CB. It was funny to watch it swim out and like WTH where am I ? By the way it is doing fantastic in my 135. Since the 6 line wrasse that was in the 135 commited suiside.

Was the picture of your clown species hosting what you want them to host? Coz you know, they don't know logic, they are fish. :huh:

The colander method is a good one too, you'll need one of those floating colanders from target

I think my 1st picture was to small. Since the LTA has made its home right where I wanted it to I am not going move it into a colander just to get the stupid clowns hosted. It is not that important to me since already have a large maroon clown hosted in my RBTA in my 135g.

• 1 month later...

Archived