Coral Vue Hydros

my dream system is almost a reality!

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

well i havent updated you as of lately, cause i've been busy! the project seems to be taking forever. plumbing & wiring really eat up the time.

it didnt help, that i had to tear down the old aquarium and build the new at the same time. (im using alot of the same hardware etc.)

i'm happy to report, the reef is finally in its new home. i havent started the horse transfer yet, but i'm still waiting on plumbing pieces.

list of things still left to do include-finishing the canopy/skinning the aquarium (have to wait until the second aquarium is in place.)

plumbing/sealing the overflow/2nd aquarium. and of course tranfering the in habbitants.

here it is thus far. i haven't done any aquascaping, i was happy just to get the reef up and running. :)

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

what i like best about the new system is the ledge around the top tank. its the perfect height to rest my arms on the ledge, my chin on my arms, and my nose pressed up against the glass (not literally) :)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

tanks budy. you cant imagen the smile on my face :)

btw Juanhunglo69, whats this idea i spawned and your gonna run with? inquiring minds want to know :)

I can just imagin zoos and polyps overuning that baby.When I finish the blues on my filter/sump/fuge you will be the first to see them!

I will be making a setup like those expencive ecosystem setups...But better :D

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

just incase you havent seen enough of it already

IMG_1906.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

it looks way bigger than a 30g.

the girl friend comes back from mexico tomorrow. i was hoping to have it all finished but i'm still waiting on plumbing supplies that were surposed to show up last week.

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

ii trade alot of frags. the corals are from many different places, but i have fraged a few of them.

i like buying the scapes on the bottom of the big al's coral tank here in london :)

eventually they get big :)

damn that is looking good. I love that ledge, perfect size like you mentioned to rest your arms on but you forgot to mention a beer beside you while you stare into the tanks for hours on end.

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

actually i came this close >< to building and 8" ledge and adding a couple bar stools.

then i rethunk the idea. :) drunks,beer and aquariums dont play nice together. :)

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

for those of you following the progress.

i had some problems with silicone letting loose

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=104708

and had some real close calls and casulties (one carpet surfer) but i'm happy to report most faired ok.

heres the new horse/macro tank.

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2050.jpg

my pipefish pulled through, i was worried, he was floating upside down while being stored in the bucket.

IMG_2048.jpg

i also released the banggai. since the old macro tank is gone, i can no longer use it to provide the little 2.5 continuos fresh water.

the little guys seem to be taking well to the new home.

they got thier urchin, what more do they need? :)

IMG_2045.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

they got thier urchin, what more do they need? :)

Looking great. Sorry about the probs.

P.S. I knew they were urchinwh@res!

*Edited to remove pics :)

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

after 2 years, ya finally get a face, with the name. :)

this is by far my fav. part of the new system.

IMG_2070.jpg

nomatter where you are in the room you can see into a fish tank. the horse/macro tank is at eye level if i'm sitting on the couch, the reef at eye level if i'm standing.

i have some finish work to do, and the project will be complete (canopy trim etc, and a door for the sump)

IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

IMG_2057.jpg

IMG_2058.jpg

Hey Leigh...congratulations on your new tank being 99% complete! I guess there was "some" ;) stress involved but you and your livestock pulled through and it's lookin' great. I will have to come see you soon and trade those zoas now that you have this done.

WOW! THAT SEAHORSE TANK IS AMAZING!

really nice.. makes me want to go ripping mine up and totally re-doing it.. my lights are just too strong for red macro (so i keep them in my refugium)

.. maybe i need to turn my Halides on only for a short while or something... get 50/50PC's and run those most of the day

after 2 years, ya finally get a face, with the name.

I posted a pic in the lounge. Never see you there :huh: Much too serious a reefer for that, I suppose :P Tank looks awesome. That gorgonian looks better every time you post. You look nothing like I thought you would. Much younger B)

my lights are just too strong for red macro (so i keep them in my refugium)

Everything I have read says red micros like stronger light. If that is not the case, I will skip the upgrade. lmk

Archived